Forums Latest Members

Question regarding Order Wait Times

1. Captain Die Jan 28, 2020

Hello, First post here so please be patient, After much contemplation on my 1st Omega, I decided and was able to order The James Bond 50th Anniversary On Her Majesty’s Secret Service Seamaster. I have it on order with a AD. The order was placed a week ago today. I was told that it may take up to 2 months to receive. My question is this a normal wait time or should I expect a longer or shorter wait? ( and will I actually receive one) The dealer informed me that Omega did take the order. Thanks for any input

2. YY77 Jan 29, 2020

This is an LE, AD /OB get allocation so all units are distributed to a schedule only Omega knows. In case of the A11 50SS with 6969 units there are still customers waiting since may 2019.

Captain Die and Foo2rama like this.
  3. ras47 Jan 29, 2020

If it was a Rolex you might have to wait two YEARS, not two months. Omega's wait time seems reasonable to me on a new model.

Dr.K and Captain Die like this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 29, 2020

It’s a not yet widely distributed limited edition, so yes there can be a waiting period.

Captain Die likes this.
  5. Evitzee Jan 29, 2020

You will just have to wait, manufacturers distribution schemes are a black box, no one really knows how they work. Two months sounds reasonable, but you may get a call next week informing you it is in, or it might be 3 or 4 months from now. You just have to be patient, you might want to check with the dealer every month or so for an update. They probably won't know anything but it never hurts to let them know you are still out there waiting for the watch. As someone previously mentioned, the Apollo 11 distribution started in July 2019 and some buyers are still waiting, often no rhyme or reason as to who gets their watch in whatever order.

6. lillatroll Jan 29, 2020

As others have said it is difficult to know exactly when it will arrive but it won't hurt to drop an email to the AD after 2 or 3 months if it hasn't arrived. My speedytuesday ultraman was sitting in a safe for nearly 2 months at the AD because they forgot about it. I was out of the country for another 3 months after they eventually remembered so it wasn't a big deal for me.

Foo2rama likes this.