Pulling the speedmaster trigger finally

So as you may or may not know, I don't own a Speedmaster. Yes, a travesty.

It's also because I think they are a bit boring. Scandalous, I know.

Hence my desire for a Broad Arrow, the REISSUE, the venerable 3594.50! And @dsio was "nice" enough to post one up just the other day for us to review. AND MAN ... what do we all think? It appears solid from the pictures, the only "issue" I see is that it has the older style, pressure fit clasp as opposed to the twin push button lock version. Though I'll most likely just be wearing it on a leather, suede, or NATO. It appears to have been purchased from a Japanese seller as some point with the reference card shown. Google lens shows: TOYO CLOCK NOTE, Headquarters, 4-32-2 T167 TEL (3392) 6111, Tokoyo Tokio Ward

What am I missing?

Should I ask for any other pics? I asked for part of the serial number to verify the year but I like that it has the box and the cards and the other strap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256296351595

upload_2023-11-15_10-13-50.jpeg

upload_2023-11-15_10-13-58.jpeg

upload_2023-11-15_10-14-7.jpeg

upload_2023-11-15_10-14-12.jpeg

upload_2023-11-15_10-14-17.jpeg

upload_2023-11-15_10-14-24.jpeg

Thanks in advance for all your help and assistance.

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
You know that I love broad arrow references, Erric, so thumbs up from me. 😀 But let’s be clear: Speedmasters are NOT boring. They are ICONIC.
IMG_5728.jpeg IMG_5724.jpeg

What am I missing?
The watch itself being on your wrist 😁

Looks good to me. I love this reference. I don’t own one, but one day!

I swear I'm not shopping for straps for a watch I don't own ....

TGUiEYB.png

I got one a couple of years ago and have never regreted it. Understated - sublime design and a 'possible' future classic IMHO.

Omega Broad Arrow.jpg

I spent the past few days re-reading the fratello articles as well. I'll watch that review and get my bidding finger going. 😁

What am I missing?

Should I ask for any other pictures?

Ask when it was serviced. If not recently, it may be due, which should be considered as part of the cost.

This picture is out of focus. The lug edge looks soft, which suggests a possible polish. Maybe ask for clearer pics, unless it's not that big of a deal if you're planning on wearing it alot anyway.
Screenshot_20231115_082750_Samsung Internet.jpg

Have you considered the 60th as well? Personally, i don't have a preference of one over the other but there are people who prefer the 60th.

COMP.jpg

Good luck with the bidding. If it doesn't work out, you might find one from a WTB thread here on the forum.

Love the look of this reference, the bezel not being black changes… everything!

Sounds like you don’t need much persuasion at this point, but you have my blessing 😁👍

Have you considered the 60th as well? Personally, i don't have a preference of one over the other but there are people who prefer the 60th.

So the 60th is old radium and smaller fonts on the bezel? Interesting look, very similar but a little different to each other.

Thanks for the hints.

So the 60th is old radium and smaller fonts on the bezel? Interesting look, very similar but a little different to each other..

60th lume is colored to look older ("fake" patina) but still modern lume.

The other major difference is the straight lug on the 60th, as compared to the twisted lug on the one you are looking at. (Not to mention the higher cost of the 60th.)

The Fratello video above is a good video and fun.

Good hunting,

Dave

The 3594.50 is on my wishlist too 👍
I can't see anything wrong with the one you've posted... the entry price is attractive 😀

The seller is very communicative at the very least. Sounds like a collector, I wonder if he's here (hello bos, if so! 😁) and watching.

I'll have to figure out what I'm willing to bid and if I should bid NOW or wait until later like I usually do. I hate being "FIRST" ... well, on auctions anyway, everywhere else is great though.

Watch looks clean and complete. I have the 60th Trilogy Speedmaster with the smaller, original size case and straight lugs, and no crown guards mean winding is very easy compared to the standard 42mm case. It's very close to the original design, but obviously more expensive than the 3594.50, but it's an option in the Broad Arrow arena. j Whatever you decide tuck some money aside for a service, it'll probably need it sooner rather than later.
Edited:

The seller says it had a service in 2021 but is looking for the paperwork to prove it. That will go a long way to the place I'm looking at mentally for a price.

Thanks for all the input. Great stuff as always from the fam.

Love mine. I got it on a whim and for a steal many years ag while my 69-ST was in for service. I love the pressure clasps as I don't think the gigantic clasps of today are all that. Mine is worn on a ref. 1479 bracelet.
IMG_20230912_110418_r.jpg

Sometimes I consider selling it but it's new enough where I can wear it without worry. It's also different enough to be desirable, so I keep it.

One thing to keep in mind on this earlier bracelet is it has some more taper to it than the push button 1998 bracelet so while older it also tends to be more comfortable on the wrist.