Pulling the speedmaster trigger finally

I love this reference. Although, it has been replaced on my Speedy wishlist by a Mark II Racing at this point. But I already have a standard Speedy Pro which is an amazing watch and not boring at all 😉. You definitely need a Speedmaster in your life.

My only nitpick is it looks like some scratching on the lower half of the bezel in that one picture. Doesn't show much in the other photos so hopefully wouldn't be very visible on the wrist. Not sure what's going on with that photo.

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 3.04.11 PM.png

I love this reference. Although, it has been replaced on my Speedy wishlist by a Mark II Racing at this point. But I already have a standard Speedy Pro which is an amazing watch and not boring at all 😉. You definitely need a Speedmaster in your life.

My only nitpick is it looks like some scratching on the lower half of the bezel in that one picture. Doesn't show much in the other photos so hopefully wouldn't be very visible on the wrist. Not sure what's going on with that photo.

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 3.04.11 PM.png

Thanks for that. I sent him the pic you cropped out, I forgot to ask that earlier.

It appears to have been purchased from a Japanese seller as some point with the reference card shown. Google lens shows: TOYO CLOCK NOTE, Headquarters, 4-32-2 T167 TEL (3392) 6111, Tokoyo Tokio Ward
This is the shop: https://www.toyotokei.biz/
Toyo Tokei in Ogikubo

Join the club! I also picked up the broad arrow from Japan. I put it on a flat link forstner.

Screenshot_20231116-090844.png

The 60th version is also nice, but I like the lyre lugs and this model just seemed like the better value proposition to me.

Join the club! I also picked up the broad arrow from Japan. I put it on a flat link forstner.

The 60th version is also nice, but I like the lyre lugs and this model just seemed like the better value proposition to me.

Looks great on that flat link ... I have my Seachero on one as well. Fits so great and a super strap monster. Hopefully I snag it. I have been watching the ones from closer very closely. I will have one soon!

Looks great on that flat link ... I have my Seachero on one as well. Fits so great and a super strap monster. Hopefully I snag it. I have been watching the ones from closer very closely. I will have one soon!

I'm pretty sure that's who I bought mine from. The good news: there are lots of this model floating around, so you can be patient with pulling the trigger... the bad news is the prices keep creeping up 😒.

That flat link absolutely transforms it (for me) from something 'meh' into a watch I'd buy in a heartbeat, funds allowing. Very very nice indeed!

That flat link absolutely transforms it (for me) from something 'meh' into a watch I'd buy in a heartbeat, funds allowing. Very very nice indeed!

Indeed. It really looks like something that should be strapped to your wrist when you're riding a rocket into space, or setting a land speed record, or... in my case, keeping tabs on my kid's screen time or waiting for bread to rise.

Indeed. It really looks like something that should be strapped to your wrist when you're riding a rocket into space, or setting a land speed record, or... in my case, keeping tabs on my kid's screen time or waiting for bread to rise.

I plan to use it to time my lawn mowing excursion. Maybe a set list or two.

That looks very nice indeed!

As you can see from my avatar, this is one of my favorite references. I wear mine on a Forstner flat link, which IMO is a great vintage look.

As you can see from my avatar, this is one of my favorite references. I wear mine on a Forstner flat link, which IMO is a great vintage look.

It is a great look for sure.

That’s the same watch being discussed in the OP 😀

Yes sir, that's the one. I have conversed with the seller. There's 24 watchers or so and he says he's gotten a lot of interest. There are a couple others around right now so I know I don't have to do anything irrational with the price.

Fuuuuuuuckin' 'ell. 4070.69 to my 4020.69. Grumble.
Damn. You picked the best price you could. This one just wasn’t meant to be I guess.

Wait, did someone bid with .69 cents added, lol?

And does that make the situation hurt more or less?

Sorry this one didn't work out.

I was being sly with my pricing. Lol I assume the bid increment was $50, so it kept the cents.

Yah, there are a couple in Japan I was looking at and 1 listed on c24 out of Canada. I wrote that seller but haven't heard back yet.

Wait, did someone bid with .69 cents added, lol?

Always tack some odd pennies onto the end of an eBay snipe bid. If your bid and a very slightly lower one come in at the same time, you can actually outbid a competitor by a few cents. It’s the one known loophole in the eBay proxy bidding system.