Forums Latest Members

Need help on pulling the trigger for my first ever watch.

1. BYDREAM Apr 3, 2022

Hi gentlemen,

I need your help on deciding whether to buy this particular Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra.

I believe this is the Seamaster Aqua Terra Golf Edition. I noticed there is some kind of corrosion on the second hand part. I asked the seller about this and he said that “that’s the original color” of the hand.

Is this a sign of there must be something wrong with this watch? And is it possible to bring this watch to the Omega service centre to get the secon hand replaced?

7A08C7B0-8BCA-4268-98E0-3C494886EE27.jpeg F9A6DD2E-3026-4B7C-B300-35F3B6070711.jpeg
  2. Omegafanman Apr 4, 2022

Do not buy the watch (hope this helps)
    Would be interesting to see the case back
    Does it come with box and papers.
    What year is it and what reference number is the seller claiming the watch is
    What is the price being asked

3. hen Apr 4, 2022

Have you compared it to pictures of other AT? Does they have a similar "original color"?
    Corrosion on the hands may idicate moisture in the case. And moisture in the case may indicate moisture in the movement and thats bad and expensive.
    Be cool, its a beautiful watch and I think there are plenty of them, dont go for the first one.

4. Ree Apr 4, 2022

I might be dumb but to me it looks like a photo reflection of photographer's hand

5. JwRosenthal Apr 4, 2022

Yeah, we need more info and more pictures (from other angles as well) to be helpful to you. Price is a big factor so feel free to reveal that as well.

6. hen Apr 4, 2022

The hand is originaly green isnt it? I am red/green color blind, so dont mind me. Ree might be right if the back end of that hand is green. To me it looks like red.

Sorry about that.:oops:

7. Ree Apr 4, 2022

for this one the hand is polished. only the tip is green. for the newer master coaxial or Aqua Terra with date at 6, entire hand is green
    Omega-Seamaster-AquaTerra-Golf-McIlroy1.jpg

hen likes this.
  8. BYDREAM Apr 4, 2022

The seller did not give a picture of the case back. Apart from the second hand, other parts seems to be on superb condition.

1. No dinks on the bracelet and case.
    2. Fullset (inc. papers)
    3. Purchased on 2012, but never been serviced yet

9. cvalue13 Apr 4, 2022

Find one without this issue (both the watch and the seller).

Because it sounds like the seller has admitted that color exists on the hand and is not just an artifact of the photograph

10. Dan S Apr 4, 2022

Looks like a reflection, and it is also visible on the edges of the vicinal hour hand. I suspect that the OP and the seller are having communication issues.

11. BYDREAM Apr 4, 2022

Yes. I believe this should not be the original color of the hand. The seller told me that the color was like that since the 1st day he purchased it, which is weird because there is no way that people would like to buy a new watch with obvious imperfection like that

12. BYDREAM Apr 4, 2022

He only posted some photos of the bracelet, box, and warranty cards. He asked $3000 for this watch.

13. BYDREAM Apr 4, 2022

thank you for the reference picture. I also initially thought that the second hand should be all green. Anyway, this proves that there might be something wrong with the watch.

14. JwRosenthal Apr 4, 2022

For that kind of money, I would ask for better picture in sunlight, there may not be anything wrong and what you are seeing is a reflection on the crystal.

Omegafanman likes this.
  15. Leviathan Apr 4, 2022

There’s a chance you may make a $3,000 mistake.

Buy the seller, not the watch.

Try FaceTiming the seller and ask for clear pics in good light.

meglos and Omegafanman like this.
  16. BYDREAM Apr 4, 2022

Actually, I am still torn between this aqua terra or seamaster gmt 2234.50 for my first watch purchase. I'll look around to find the one in better condition

17. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 4, 2022

Have you considered the 2254.50 Seamaster? Great watch those.

SpikiSpikester, Omegafanman and hen like this.
  18. BYDREAM Apr 4, 2022

yeah. I'll try to arrange the time with the seller first. He is actually quite well known used-watch seller in my town. And I still find that the proce he offered is quite fair if there is actually nothing wring with this watch

19. BYDREAM Apr 4, 2022

Yes, I'll obviously ask to meet in person before sealing the deal as we are on the same town. I'll try to haggle a bit more for the price. ;)

20. BYDREAM Apr 4, 2022

I actually do not like the he valve on seamaster, hence prefer the gmt version which has cleaner look in my opinion. However, I agree that 2254.50 with the sword hand is gorgeous.

MRC likes this.