Power reserve test on my new 3861 Speedymaster Pro.

Yes, sounds familiar. If I'm thinking about what you're describing, you probably have quite a few turns left. Think mine got to that point around the 60th turn or so. It gets tight and after each turn the crown releases backwards a little.

My advice is to let it run all the way down, then start winding and count each turn. If you are around 55 or 60 turns, you haven't found the hard stop. Once you get around 70, you're getting close. When you truly hit the hard stop, you feel it where it will not physically let you turn it further.

You will not damage the movement because it's designed to be wound fully. It will definitely let you know when the spring is fully wound.

I went 102 turns from dead yesterday at 5am.
I feel the resistance starting at about 70 and keep going.

The hesalite has just gone 50 hours and still running. It’s just interesting that it has taken 3 times of starting from zero to get it to perform to the specifications.

The hesalite has just gone 50 hours and still running. It’s just interesting that it has taken 3 times of starting from zero to get it to perform to the specifications.
More likely to me that the hard stop wasn't reached the first 2 times.
Edited:

More likely to me that the hard stop wasn't reach the first 2 times.
This.

You can save yourself the headache of counting and just wind until you hit a literal hard stop. Feeling resistance is going to happen as you’re winding up a spring. You’ll know it’s fully wound when you hit a stopping point.

Ok. I'm getting impressed now. still going after 59 hours. But the fact remains that my white one did have a problem that Omega recognized and will repair.

This.

You can save yourself the headache of counting and just wind until you hit a literal hard stop. Feeling resistance is going to happen as you’re winding up a spring. You’ll know it’s fully wound when you hit a stopping point
I wound it exactly the same way three times, got 43 hours then 48. Now over 59 and counting, thus my break in question.

thus my break in question.
Would be very strange if it passed Metas and still break in time would be applicable.

I wound it exactly the same way three times, got 43 hours then 48. Now over 59 and counting, thus my break in question.
There is no 'break in' period for how long a watch will run on a full wind. As others have mentioned, it is most likely you stopped short of hitting the hard stop. That's natural for a new owner who doesn't want to damage his new watch, but once you get comfortable with the winding situation you'll go deeper and deeper into the process until you finally get to a full winding, full stop situation. From then on you'll be able to comfortably wind it until you get to a hard stop.

66 hours 45 minutes. Pretty good, but this is why I am asking questions and posting results. There times I have wound it EXACTLY to the stop, and every time it ran a different number of hours.
Edited: