Forums Latest Members

Incoming and Observations of my new 3861 Speedmaster Pro Hesalite

1. dberdichevsky Jan 15, 2021

Hi all,

Though I’d share my observations of my brand new Hesalite 3861 Speedmaster Professional. No disrespect here, I’ve owned the prior 1861 a couple of times and there were a couple of things that I just couldn’t get over:

1. Lack of hacking seconds
    2. The prior bracelet with end links that didn’t allow the watch and bracelet to wrap nicely around my wrist

The new 3861 iteration of the Moonwatch has quite a few improvements that pushed me to try it again. I wasn’t able to see one in the flesh, but an Omega boutique not far from me had a Hesalite available on bracelet, so I jumped on it.

I’ve been wearing the watch for a couple of days and have been really blown away with the improvements.

First, the bracelet for me, is a game changer. I think it looks amazing and makes wearing the speedy SUPER comfortable. It just kind of melts into my wrist and I forget that it’s there a lot of the time. I’ve read a lot of dislike on other threads/forums about the taper from 20mm down to 15mm as well as the small clasp. I think they are both great. The taper makes the bracelet very comfortable especially when bending my wrist.

Second, it has hacking seconds! I can finally wind my speedy, pull out the crown, and sync the time to the atomic clock! A weird quirk for me, but it makes me happy that I can do that now.

Third, the stepped dial makes a huge difference in creating additional depth/dimension to the dial. Which, for me, is way more aesthetically pleasing. The black of the dial is also deeper and not as much of a matte finish, like before. The white text on the black dial really pops! It also appears that the lume indices have been placed flush into the dial rather than printed over the top.

Fourth, the accuracy of the 3861. I’m at +1 second over the last 48 hours. Really impressive. The prior 1861 Speedmasters that I’ve had were all in the 8-10+ seconds per day range.

Fifth, winding the movement is so much easier. With a more pronounced crown and the fact that it sticks out farther from the case, winding is a breeze. The resistance while winding feels good too, not too much but not too loose.

Overall, I think that the improvements are outstanding. I’m really happy with them and happy to share my observations with all of you. If you are considering one, buy it. Oh, and the smaller box- not a big deal for me. I wear the watch, not the box.

I hope this helps anybody considering the new 3861 Speedmaster Professional.

A94BCEC3-5D26-4D16-936E-18163170271A.jpeg
    790771CD-3482-4D5E-8EC2-FBBC96C47B47.jpeg

2. SkunkPrince Jan 15, 2021

I encourage people to talk with their favorite watchmaker. That your watch is +10 is not an issue as long as it's consistent. Get your watch adjusted for wear! I do this all the time, and I am confused why so many of you don't.

reverbtime and Whatsthestory like this.
  3. Hands90 Jan 15, 2021

Just wrote a review myself and posted it.
    If I read your first, I wouldn't have posted, you listed nearly the same points.
    It's a great improvement!

4. dberdichevsky Jan 15, 2021

Lol! I just commented on your post too! We must have been typing at the same time. Too funny.

5. toolr Jan 15, 2021

Congratulations, enjoy it. I for one am completely happy with my 1861 Moonwatch. Love the bracelet, especially with the micro adjustable clasp added, runs at +2 spd and this model is still used on EVA.

Edited Jan 15, 2021
  6. cvalue13 Jan 16, 2021

Hesalite lookin’ good! Congrats

7. reverbtime Jan 16, 2021

Congrats, looks very nice.

8. rcb Jan 16, 2021

Thank you for your impressions and photos. Congratulations!