Forums Latest Members

PLEASE stop posting/bumping several items for sale on the same day!

1. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 26, 2019

Then do you really think writing sold in another post is going to help?

efauser likes this.
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 26, 2019

If it has OHPF, that doesn’t mean it’s sold, it means it’s On Hold Pending Funds. I have picked up a watch marked OHPF because the buyer flaked and I had bothered to ask the seller if it was still available.

kov and Archer like this.
  3. alam Apr 26, 2019

@badboys, whatcha gonna do when they come for you!

:)

4. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 26, 2019

Bumping for sold helps no one IMO but I too have been approached with enquiries on clearly marked sold items more than once. Now to make it easier for those members who can't read the prefix, I find in addition writing SOLD in big cap letters next to the price does the trick since that is the first thing browsers look for in any FS thread.

Spacefruit likes this.
  5. ConElPueblo Apr 26, 2019

That's a good idea. I've experienced the same as you, even on items that had been sold weeks earlier ::facepalm2::

I'd still rather have one person inconvenience me with a PM rather than inconvenience the rest of the board by bumping it by posting "sold". It may be a storm in a teacup, but it is one damn fine cup of tea!

eugeneandresson and padders like this.
  6. alam Apr 26, 2019

Maybe. Now, if the main concern/complaint of "sold bumps"is that these bring the thread unnecessarily to the top and thus creating a chain of further bumps of other FS posts, then I would say that bumps commenting on the qualities of the watch, trustfulness of the Seller --which are then followed by additional bumps by the Seller thanking for those comments-- represent a greater issue. From my own and cursory observation, "sold bumps" are a much lesser issue and tend to fade away quicker than these complimentary bumps....

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 26, 2019

"I would say that bumps commenting on the qualities of the watch, trustfulness of the Seller"

These bumps have value, and IMO should not be stopped unless there is a clear case of "helping a buddy out" by bumping his watch repeatedly.

"which are then followed by additional bumps by the Seller thanking for those comments"

As long as the post thanking someone for their comment is the only post that seller makes that day, I'm fine with it. If they post a "thanks" and then bump another thread, that's breaking the rules and it should be enforced.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  8. alam Apr 26, 2019

is that how the rules read? or your interpretation?

9. alam Apr 26, 2019

everyone values things differently...

10. ICONO Apr 26, 2019

This thread is just ‘the Gift that keeps on giving’

Pure ‘catnip’…

11. alam Apr 26, 2019

:) I propose a full-time bump squad dedicated to maintain order and discipline! No need to recommend me, as I don't have the right qualifications! :D

Eve likes this.
  12. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Apr 26, 2019

giphy.gif

George.A, alam and ICONO like this.
  13. ICONO Apr 26, 2019

Don’t encourage them…

“It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen”

14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 26, 2019

Are you not able to go read them yourself?

And of course you left off the "IMO" that came right after my quote.

Stay classy!

15. michael22 Apr 26, 2019

Penny McLean - Lady Bump (1975) - YouTube

16. alam Apr 26, 2019

yes, but can not reconcile your interpretation of thank bumps..

not deliberately.. :(

Always! ;)

17. alam Apr 26, 2019

18. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 26, 2019

Well, a couple of pages ago I quoted the rules for you:

"There is a limit of ONE thread, OR ONE bump, or one post, per day (24 hours) (regardless of number of watches listed) on the Private Watch Sales forum per person, use consideration."

Note the "OR" between each of those....

That prompted you to ask this:

"@@DLT222 what's the rule for "sold" bumps???"

And his response was this:

"Chaps, all this can be answered by simply following this simple step...

CLICK HERE

It's incredibly simple.

No need to add SOLD as the bump. I used to but now just change the thread title and allow it to get lost in the lower depths as its sold anyway. One thing to remember though is that (I think) watchrecon will pick up on the bump 'sold' maybe @@dsio can confirm that?"

So the rule on "thank" bumps depends on the rule for "sold/OHPF" bumps. His response is discouraging sold/OHPF bumps, but doesn't definitively state that they count as the daily allowed post. But if you strictly interpret the one post per day rule, it would.

To me the rule of one post per day should be the rule, whether it be a comment on a sale listing, a sold bump, a thank you post, or just a regular bump. This is the simplest way of doing it for enforcement purposes, as I'm sure the mods have better things to do than police the sales forum.

eugeneandresson and kov like this.
  19. alam Apr 26, 2019

Noted - you are very clear on your view on how rules should be applied. Next.

Archer and Traveler like this.
  20. Rman Apr 26, 2019

We all have grown to love the first release from Eau D'Omegaforums from a few years back, effective and affordable WUS repellant that took the forum world by storm.

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 11.08.26 PM.png

Now, may I introduce to you a new product in our line of Omegaforums full strength serums developed by our scientists in Australia.

This one is sure to work for all parties involved in any sales subforum situation, or your money back!

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 11.22.57 PM.png

Warning: May bump thread when applied.

Edited Apr 28, 2019