Forums Latest Members
  1. The33 May 13, 2022

Hello everyone!

I hope you can help me identify this vintage piece I am considering buying, as well as give advice about any flaws with it.

I am not looking for an investment, but rather a nice watch I like to wear. That said, I still would like it to be (mostly) original.

Lastly, what would be considered a fair asking price when buying from a dealer? It is currently listed at 790Eur.

Thank you all very much in advance!

7-15.jpg 12-9.jpg 11-12.jpg 10-15.jpg 8-15.jpg 3-15.jpg
  2. MRC May 13, 2022

This is way outside my normal interest, but my 2 cents....

I really cannot reconcile the dial with hands or case, particularly the caseback, mid-case polished, caseback looks like new. Lumed hands and non-lumed dial. I do think we are looking at a parts-bin special.

That said I buy watches I want to wear and don't care about resale value. In this case if I wanted to wear it I would go to maybe 100 Cowrie Shells. Keep an eye on this forum https://omegaforums.net/forums/private-watch-sales/ and you will find much better.

3. Thomas Morse May 13, 2022

Doesn't look like the correct movement for the case # either.

4. Dan S May 13, 2022

Late 30s or early 40s waterproof cal 26.5. I think it's probably ok with the possible exception of the hands; perhaps the watch should have syringe hands, I don't know. It's also possible that the hands are original, but just poorly re-lumed, someone else may know better. The case has been refinished. The dial appears to have dark radium lume. I suspect that this is a tiny little 30mm watch, in which case it's worth less than half the asking price IMO.

5. The33 May 13, 2022

Thank you all for the valuable input!

What stood out to me most too, were the hands which simply seemed a little out of place..
    I think I will stay away then and keep an eye on the private sales section of this forum as suggested!