Forums Latest Members
  1. midimanwatch Nov 7, 2020

Hi, I created a post about this a couple of weeks ago but I can't find it.

It was about not being able to find my Pitch Black DSOM for sale anywhere and I was wondering if Omega had stopped producing that model. But then someone said that they are still available for sale if you press the enquiry button on the web site.

Although when I look now Omega are actually telling you that it is out of stock and that you can join the waiting list.

What could be the reason for this?

Do they produce more or less numbers of certain watches in a collection?
    Of are they making them on demand?
    Discontinued?
    etc...

Thanks

2. richiv Nov 7, 2020

3. Evitzee Nov 7, 2020

The Apollo 8 DSOTM has been out of stock for around 8 months in the US, the ceramic cased models just seem to be in short supply right now in some iterations. Reason......Covid, shutdowns, supply chain issues, etc. If they are shown as 'out of stock' that means they are still in the catalogue, if they are shown as 'no longer available' that means they are discontinued.

4. SpeedyD Nov 7, 2020

The DSOTM range will (I’m guessing) either be phased out or (possibly) be replaced with new models with updated with METAS movements. They are not ‘Master Chronometer’ and I recall Omega stated they would make their entire range METAS by 2021/2. Maybe Covid will delay that plan but I fully expect the current models to be discontinued ‘soon’. So maybe that’s happening already. There have been good deals available on a few of the less popular models of late.

5. midimanwatch Nov 10, 2020

Hi, I have heard rumours about that too and I assumed they might be slowing production down on some of the models in the collection. That's why I was getting worried.

That could be a reason as to why some are showing as being out of stock in the UK and in stock in other places like the US.

But the prices have are still going up and I have not seen any of the DSOM discounted anywhere.

6. midimanwatch Nov 10, 2020

Hi, yes Covid and all the supply chain issues are affecting everything and making it difficult to purchase most things including watches.

7. richiv Nov 10, 2020