Forums Latest Members
  1. joemama Mar 27, 2020

Hi,

This is my first post. I have a '66 105012 Calibre 321. I love it and wear it as often as I can.

A while ago, I wound it a little too much and the stem snapped. I took it to a trusted watch expert. He replaced the stem and got it back working but the stem is not an original Omega one. He was transparent about that and said it's because an original stem part is harder to find and expensive. I'd like to keep the watch as original as possible. With the stem not being original, does that affect value?

Also, the original bezel has some wear. From a value perspective, is it better to keep the original bezel on the watch or replace it with an new OEM part?

Any suggestions on which site or place to get original parts for this watch at a reasonable price?

Thanks,
    Joe

2. mr_yossarian Mar 27, 2020

I would consider to swap my spare vintage stem for your worn bezel :)

joemama, Lurk41 and watchyouwant like this.
  3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 27, 2020

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 27, 2020

If the stem is a correctly sized replacement it doesn't matter at all.

No one can tell the difference between a proper generic and an OEM stem (unless maybe if they're an experienced watchmaker with a 40X scope).

joemama likes this.
  5. Dan S Mar 27, 2020

We would need to see photos of the bezel, but if it's truly the original one, unless it's completely damaged and falling apart, you are much better off keeping it. The originals are generally well into the 4-figure USD range, while a new one is roughly $150. Of course, the bezel on your watch might not be the original one.

joemama and ZIELSZIEK like this.
  6. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 28, 2020

Sometimes I really wonder......People struggle and are dying in unchartered times for everybody. Why on Earth would you be concerned, if the Stem of your Watch might affect it's value? Maybe I'm getting too old and have seen too many things, that mattered.....Stay safe, everybody. Kind regards. Achim

ZIELSZIEK likes this.
  7. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 28, 2020

"He was transparent about that and said it's because an original stem part is harder to find and expensive."

Perhaps he was conflating stem and crown.

ZIELSZIEK and smorrisonmd like this.
  8. Evitzee Mar 28, 2020

The world goes on. Even with the black plague in the 14th century commerce continued, which was one of the reasons it spread like it did. I just sourced a new strap for my Ultraman from France, and it gave me joy to put it on the watch a couple of days ago. If we go into a deep funk and stop thinking about life in all its dimensions we will put ourselves in a not very good place. We have to be concerned about the situation but it can't take over our lives.

9. joemama Mar 28, 2020

Thanks for the responses everyone. I worked really hard to acquire this watch. Saved up for a while too. Just want to ensure I do right by it, especially since it's a beautiful watch. Part of that is just informing myself as I'm new to this.

I appreciate the responses about keeping the stem and bezel as-is. I'll do that. Cheers

watchyouwant and mr_yossarian like this.