Forums Latest Members

Opinions on this Constellation

1. Maytckis Mar 22, 2021

Hi guys,

Long time lurker here... I'm a big fan of the modern-ish constellations and I would like to get one as a graduation gift for myself, but a brand new one would not be possible at the moment for me. I got the opportunity of buying this piece below. My problem is that I searched for how the counterfeits were supposed to look and the existence of "super clones" is really throwing me off the whole thing. Is there a way to check the authenticity, like a minor detail that was overlooked? Or should I try one of the earlier models like the ones 90's-00's?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pics lost some of the quality, sorry.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 22, 2021

Calibre 8500 is rather hard to fake although some have tried, poorly. That watch is real, and one of the nicer modern Connies.

3. Maytckis Mar 22, 2021

Sounds good. The clone that got me concerned would be this one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure if there's something I missed there or it's really hard for a newbie anyway.

4. redpcar Mar 22, 2021

This is the easy "tell" of some of the fake 8500's :coffee:

fake 8500.jpg

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 22, 2021

The other easy tell is if you look beneath the balance on the fakes you see a traditional Swiss lever escapement, the Co-Axial escapement. Even Omega had a hard time getting this thing to work so the fakers won’t be able to figure it out for a long time.

upload_2021-3-23_12-32-22.jpeg

apsm100 and Borosilikat like this.