Forums Latest Members
  1. Dsplash Dec 14, 2019

2. Tubber Dec 14, 2019

airansun likes this.
  3. airansun In the shuffling madness Dec 14, 2019

Just for the record, that bleeding around the lume on the hour markers is not a good sign, to me anyway.
    A9C75A43-154B-4AFD-99C1-519CC303FB67.jpeg
    I’ve seen plenty of these dials with reluming that separated. So, while I don’t know, I wouldn’t be a buyer.

4. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Dec 14, 2019

It is the speedmaster with the cake frosting hour markers. Posted this gem a few days ago

JanV likes this.
  5. Dan S Dec 14, 2019

6. Dan S Dec 14, 2019

7. harrymai86 Dec 14, 2019

Where are Weston cutter comments? Deleted?

8. airansun In the shuffling madness Dec 14, 2019

9. Dsplash Dec 15, 2019

yes, that’s exactly what I was referring to...
    Sorry, I missed the first thread!
    Some old submariners sometimes show « shrunk » lume plots but it’s usually more even than this, and I’ve never seen this on omegas (but again I haven’t watched as many )

10. Wlcutter Dec 15, 2019

My apologies for posting and deleting comments. I realized I felt sillier engaging than not, and chose to delete my comments. All I'd really said in them was to link to other threads--linked to below--that were useful.

The watch listed is mine. I've been a lurker on the Omega/Heuer/Rolex forums for years. My dad's a watchmaker, as is one of my closest friends, and I've been buying and selling watches for five years. Everyone's welcome to believe as they wish re: this Speedmaster. I explain in the listing how I acquired it; I don't have any reason to suspect the original owner got it relumed, and I certainly haven't had anything done, despite Dan S's implication to the contrary (I had no idea having extra tritium to sell made one suspicious). I found these two threads on these forums extremely useful when deliberating about buying this watch; I don't know if they'll be useful to anyone else.

All I'd say on all of this is that, at least in my experience, there's much more that I *don't* know than what I do. I've handled plnty of Speedmasters. All of them exhibited slightly different aspects. Consider things that, among Omega collectors, were Settled Certainties (notched 6 end links, for instance), that ended up being revised. Again, feel free to think what you want, but I promise the watch is as legit as any I've handled. I spent a good amount, in fact, to bring it back to life because it's a great watch and deserves more years of being worn and appreciated.