Forums Latest Members
  1. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Sep 20, 2016

Very nice! My solution was to adopt this library card catalog that was about to be trashed.
    [​IMG]

2. Uniqez Sep 20, 2016

Such a bad influence for younger generation watch collectors))).
    P.S. Really nice collection!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Bumper likes this.
  3. hendra324 dealer who would rather use aftermarket parts Sep 20, 2016

nice box

Bumper likes this.
  4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 20, 2016

Great job , but what about expansion ::confused2::
    Perhaps you should get going on plans for ordering duplicate tallboy. That place goes out business in the future and you're screwed.::facepalm2::

Bumper, ahartfie and Waltesefalcon like this.
  5. Waltesefalcon Sep 20, 2016

Nice tallboy, that is a great solution for your collection. Mine is a smattering of cigar boxes that an ex-girlfriend who worked at a tobacconist gave me; somehow this solution no longer seems adequate.

Bumper likes this.
  6. toomann Sep 20, 2016

I see a new reality show on the horizon. Watch hoarders.

DaveK, Bumper and Waltesefalcon like this.
  7. WatchVaultNYC Sep 20, 2016

2 dozen posts + hundreds of watches = silent but deep :thumbsup:

8. Omega1 Sep 20, 2016

What a great collection thanks for sharing...

Bumper likes this.
  9. Ree Sep 20, 2016

:eek: didn't expect this at all when your title simply says "My new watch box" ::popcorn::

Bumper likes this.
  10. Interstellar Sep 20, 2016

now this gives me some good ideas... :)
    Thanks man

Bumper likes this.
  11. Bumper Sep 20, 2016

Like my farts...:whistling:

OmegaGeneve likes this.
  12. Bumper Sep 20, 2016

Uhm... good thing about collecting vintage is, when the missus asks you, you can honestly reply " This one? no babe, its old. Honestly, its not new"

I'm not actually planning on getting any more, :whistling: but as you can see, I've only filled 3 out of the 7 drawers with watches. If i really need to, the parts & straps can go into boxes... Hopefully not though, as it is, if i rotate all watches equally, i'd be wearing each watch only 2-3 days a year. And, i'm kept busy sending them out a few at a time for servicing, repairs, etc.

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  13. Bumper Sep 20, 2016

Jim, thanks for that, i figured i had a couple of years to get the drawers properly lined with felt or some other fabric, but never thought of carpet tiles hmmm... i'll check that out.

Btw, yours doesn't exist till we see the pics :)

14. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 21, 2016

Here's a few shots showing the issue with those mats. These boxes were on those mats in my drawers. All of plastic surfaces on the boxes should be spotless and shiny. Where they've been in contact with the mats there is significant chemical staining leached from the mats. If it can happen like that, I'm not putting anything valuable on them.

SPB1.JPG
    PB2.JPG
    PB1.JPG

As for my "watch tallboy", I guess I'll have to ask @Syrte to vouch for me :D

Bumper likes this.
  15. russell.bowyer1 Sep 21, 2016

Wow amazing some amazing storage there think ive got a long way to go before I need something like those

Im now trying to reduce the collection to keep it to a manageable size for rotation but its very difficult to decide !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumper likes this.
  16. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Sep 21, 2016

Those sure give "staggering" a whole new meaning.

I sure can attest to seeing photos of several drawer-fulls of watches... Didn't you post the piece of furniture in the thread where those were discussed?

Bumper likes this.
  17. Longbow Sep 21, 2016

:eek: Wow! Very impressive!
    If that's how you store your watches, what's your solution for the original boxes and docs? Or is there a magic number of watches after which ones gives up on such stuff?

It almost seems trivial to ask what model PeliCase you have in the first photo?

I just noticed today that Sinn are offering such a case on their website (in the pdf price list doc).

Bumper likes this.
  18. Bumper Sep 21, 2016

Hey @Longbow I got my case from the Martinator,

https://www.facebook.com/themartinatorishere/app/251458316228/

He has several sizes to choose from, this was the largest he had back when i got mine, but he's had different inserts done since then and the sizes go from 2 watches to 32 watches now. He also used to sell just the inserts, for those who already have the cases. Martin's a really nice guy & the cases are the result of him finding a storage solution for his watches. There's a video of a land rover running over the case :rolleyes:

The boxes go in the large drawer at the bottom, vintage watches have much smaller boxes than their modern counterparts & not many of mine have boxes anyway. I'm not too bothered about my watches coming with boxes, it's a bonus if they do...

20141222_001107.jpg
    watchesandcoffee and Longbow like this.
  19. speedmaster971 Sep 22, 2016

Beautiful solution:):cool:

Bumper likes this.
  20. Clibka Sep 22, 2016

"Hi my name is @Bumper and I am addicted to timepieces"

All: Hi bumper ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk