Forums Latest Members
  1. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Oct 25, 2019

It looks like this hexagon shaped box has been well thought out... a cool watchroll as well... Kevlar

IMG_4886sd.jpg

2. 03Hemi Oct 25, 2019

You can buy Pelican or the equivalent knock-off and some even better with the inserts you customize at Academy Sports in the gun storage section in sporting goods. fwiw

jsducote likes this.
  3. Amg786s Oct 25, 2019

Juvo do some nice boxes.
    If you really want to push the boat out then check our Hawthorne boxes.
    Both on IG

4. scapa Oct 29, 2019

I've got a Wolf Windsor 15 in leather-wrap and so-called "Royal Purple." it has a decorative lock but, crucially, decent space and bumpers between compartments so that divers and larger watches don't bash into each other. A bit too big for stealthiness but a decent piece and good value for the 100.00 or so it costs.

5. zinengineer Nov 7, 2019

Repurposed wine boxes; bought the foam inserts, base layer plus a layer of the "pick" to make the openings. Not as easy as I thought it would be, but worked nevertheless and serves the purpose. May add some felt or other soft cloth over the foam to look a bit better. May also add some pillows to hold the watches, for now I'm using the cutout foam for pillows. Took most of an afternoon, and i now have a "quartz" box (yes, there is a Nixon in there....before I knew what i was doing), and a "not-quartz" box
    DB063E78-C2A8-448F-A85A-D02FE1659DE6_1_105_c.jpeg E6ABA91D-649B-49E9-BAD4-7796A4F3C6A0_1_105_c.jpeg 440D2F6C-0D61-4061-9EC0-587760198FF7_1_105_c.jpeg CA7D4B5B-96A6-4A8E-964B-73094875B05F_1_105_c.jpeg

6. T4Rdooh Nov 7, 2019

Here’s my Wolf Windsor 10

7D105C65-8AB9-4A25-95D1-DC78C0B2652E.jpeg
    mikekchc, Desmodromic and Wivac like this.
  7. dc_boffin Nov 11, 2019

il_794xN.1684453735_oo1x.jpg
    Pazzo likes this.
  8. Capt Cave Man Nov 21, 2019

Really interesting to know... I'm planning to grow my watches over time and was researching into a multi-watch winder. So consensus is for a quality/quirky box rather than a winder = more pennies to save towards the next watch :cool:

9. larryganz The cable guy Nov 21, 2019

You don't need to keep more than 1-2 watches on the winder at a time, and maybe keep an open spot for your current watch rotation at night if you don't like to sleep with it on.

I used to keep 17 watches in winders running all the time, and then I figured out that was just plain silly! For the past few years I just keep a couple out that are in my rotation for the week, in one of my Wolf dual-watch winders or on my wrist.

The rest are stored in nice watch boxes inside the safe. I have many of my watches organized into two nice quality 10-watch glass-lidded cases. Although most of the Omega watches in the safe are now in those small red Omega service case (like a sunglass case with zipper). I put a sticky note on each case with which watch it contains.

Others like my Rolex are stored in a nice 6-watch case. Some others, like my Tudor GMT, DOXA Poseidon, or Grand Seiko are in those little clamshell zipper watch-cases that you can buy on Amazon. My Seiko Turtles are in a 4-watch Pelican case from Case Club, but I plan to move the Rolex into the Pelican if I pick up a 4th one (Deep Blue).

Outside of the safe are also my solar watches, in a pair of nice quality 6-watch glass-lid boxes near the window. My three 1-watch Wolf are empty, as is my nice 2-watch Eilux winder, but I'll save them in the event one of my favorite winders should die. But my inexpensive 2-watch Egard winder and my three 2-watch Amazon winders will go to my brother and my son when they need one.

Here is a picture from yesterday of one of the 10-watch boxes (not sure exactly where they came from). Before I ended up with over a dozen red Omega service cases I had my Omega's in this box, and it all fits nicely in my large safe.

RenderedImage.jpeg

Below is a picture from 3 years ago, so things have changed a bit. The quality brown wooden box in the middle of the picture is very similar to the two 6-watch glass lid boxes that now hold my solar watches.
    IMG_3316.jpeg

Found an old picture of my silly winder setup, before I emptied them out to keep them in the safe. Two Wolf dual winders on top, and three single watch Wolf winders in the middle. Bottom right is a nice Eilux dual watch winder. The rest are cheap ones.
    IMG_1587.jpeg
    IMG_1583.jpeg

IMG_1582.jpeg
    Edited Nov 21, 2019
    zinengineer, George.A, OmeGez and 3 others like this.
  10. nlogax Dec 1, 2019

11. larryganz The cable guy Dec 1, 2019

My Pelican case, and my solar watch cases.
    IMG_2293.jpeg

12. fraglerock Dec 1, 2019

Any idea who makes this?

13. speedypants Dec 10, 2019

I remember Wei Koh did a video unveiling this watch roll not too long ago. I believe you can go to the revolution watch shop and get it there.

14. fraglerock Dec 10, 2019

Thanks! Found it on that site but it’s sold out. At least I know the make now and can look around.

speedypants likes this.
  15. Spec Dec 29, 2019

*disregard this comment- it seems like I just described a safe lmao*
    Does anyone know of a good watch box that can be bolted down/locked?
    Is that a thing?

Edited Dec 29, 2019
  16. MoclovFlop Do the Electric Boogaloo. Dec 30, 2019

I want to shamelessly show off the old machinist tool boxes that I amateurishly fix up and use for watch/parts/tools storage. I try to grab them when I'm at the swap meet when they're cheap and tired. The before photos of these things really show the transformations.

Just finished this one this week - 1920's Gerstner. Broke it down and built it back up. New Tolex leatherette, nickel plated all the hardware, wool felt for the drawers:

(Before) Sorry for angled shot:

Unknown-9.jpeg

After:

Unknown-7.jpeg
    Unknown-5.jpeg Unknown-6.jpeg

Then this is the second most recent - Late 1910's Union box. Just cleaned and new felt. Quarter sawn oak is always so beautiful -

Unknown-3.jpeg Unknown-4.jpeg

And finally this unknown brand dental chest. Modified slightly (removed the tool trays) new leatherette, nickel plated hardware, new felt. Sold this to a fellow in Singapore right after I finished. I have another that I'm going to do the same to -

(Before):

Unknown-8.jpeg

After:

Unknown-1.jpeg Unknown.jpeg Unknown-2.jpeg

17. Lostpuppy116 Dec 30, 2019

Those are some beautiful chests. Excellent work.

MoclovFlop likes this.
  18. vacheroyale Jan 2, 2020

Sometime an old wooden cigars box does the job just fine for few watches...and it adds flavor too :)
    I have a couple of those and they work just fine

NotYoSpeedy likes this.
  19. NotYoSpeedy Jan 6, 2020

That is exactly how I have my setup. There are a few Swatch's, Casio's and a vintage Bulova. I have Invicta's with the same copy NATO straps in a box. So unless you REALLY know your watches, you think you getting the Speedy I wore...

The key is have an ugly pair of running shoes, and stuff your best of them inside a sock, inside of the shoe. And those shoes are in the garage on the floor.

58a3728c18fac.jpg
  20. NotYoSpeedy Jan 6, 2020

You know, people of all walks of life love Cigars lol... If I were ever a scumbag, id celebrate my theft by lighting one of your Cubans!!