Omega Warranty Service: What is the Timekeeping Threshhold?

OFers,

For a c.2013 co-axial watch (not a Master Chronometer, fwiw), how out-of-COSC would it have to be for Omega to service it as warranty work rather than at the owner's expense?

Before anyone jumps to the "it's older than 5 years so is out of warranty" routine, let me add: the watch sat in the OB for most of its (estimated) 10-year life, so the warranty was only activated last year. Plenty of time remaining.

Right now I'd say it's losing about 7 seconds a day, and that's on the wrist, real-world timekeeping. No positional regulation that I've tried (and I've tried 'em all) makes any discernible difference.

Such a ludicrous, first-world issue, I know: 86,400 seconds a day, it's off by .008% and I'm wondering about getting it looked at. But it is out of spec in every position, and I'm thinking it's probably about due for a service anyway. Is this a compelling case for warranty work, or will they likely say it's just routine service, fork over the $?

An interesting question.
Congratulations on the new/old watch:thumbsup:
I would suggest that the only way to know for certain will be to take it back to Omega to find out where they actually stand on the timekeeping issue.
After all, it's Omega who are the sole arbiters on the matter.
Naturally the time sitting in the dealer is a factor but whether they take that into consideration is another matter and is best left up to them.
It's probably best to approach it on the basis of it's timekeeping alone and not muddy the waters.
If the watch is deemed to be running well and the lubes appear to be in order, I imagine they will simply make an adjustment and happily send you on your way fairly confident it will get through the 5 year warranty before things start going off with it.
Do you intend to wear it as your daily watch?
What reference did you pick up?

Like 1
COSC is -4 to +6 s/d average

-7 s/d would qualify as out of spec

You probably paid more for the watch vs one w/o a warranty, so might as well use it.

Like 2
That thread is indeed very useful! This is my one and only, daily wear, Aqua Terra. -7 or so in all positions. Seems safe to say it’s out of spec—these replies have been encouraging.

Like 1