Omega Speedmaster having problems....

I've had my Speedmaster Calibre 1861 for a little over two years now, and it is starting to have problems: when using the chronograph (the second timer), the seconds hand stops turning. When I push the stop button and then the reset button to start the chrono again, it again will run for a few seconds but then stop again. I've put a few turns on the watch thinking that maybe it had wound down, but it continues to stop when using the chronograph. I'm pretty sure I haven't over-wound the watch considering I only wind it once a day, and until it stops. Has anyone else had this problem? I have to say, this has been my dream watch for years and for the watch to perform this way after only two years of use is immensely disappointing- gentle use, at that. I have a Citizen Echo Drive chronograph AT that has not lost a second in 13 years under heavy use (I'm a firefighter, diver, and surfer) and at a fraction of the cost of a Speedmaster ( I didn't wear the Speedmaster while working, diving, or surfing). Anyone know what the issue might be?

While its about 2 years in your ownership, was it brand new when you bought it? And what reference is it specifically?

Sounds like it needs a service in any case

When I hear someone commenting that they are “pretty sure they haven’t overwound” the watch, I visualize a watch that is not being wound adequately. Not always, but often!

Like 1
While its about 2 years in your ownership, was it brand new when you bought it? And what reference is it specifically?

Sounds like it needs a service in any case
Yes, it was brand new, bought directly from Omega. What do you mean by "reference"? I agree: it definitely needs service or repair, but Omega charges over $700....I just don't think a timepiece that cost over $5000 should need a $700 service in under 10 years.

When I hear someone commenting that they are “pretty sure they haven’t overwound” the watch, I visualize a watch that is not being wound adequately. Not always, but often!
Maybe, but I've always wound it until it stopped, as per the instructions.....

If the Speedy is only 2 years old, I might be a simple adjustment of the connected wheels pressure....

In the past I have a similar problem with a Speedmaster but only when the second hand tried to past the first minute. When it tried to past sometimes stop sometimes go..anyway in my case was an older speedster and it was about a clean..

If the Speedy is only 2 years old, I might be a simple adjustment of the connected wheels pressure....[/QUOT
I don't know what that means, but if you say it's simple to correct, then I hope that's what it is! I'll be taking it to a local watch repair shop. I'd rather send it to Omega, but their prices for service are a little steep for me. Thanks for your input!

In the past I have a similar problem with a Speedmaster but only when the second hand tried to past the first minute. When it tried to past sometimes stop sometimes go..anyway in my case was an older speedster and it was about a clean..
Yeah- if I can get it past the first minute it seems to run fine. It just "urks" me that such a new and expensive time piece is having problems...Glad to hear I'm not the only Speedy owner that's had this problem!

Tell your local watch guy, that you only want the adjustment now. The next service you get back to him....

Isn't it still under warranty? Why not let Omega handle it?

Like 4
If it was bought after July 2018 it has a five year warranty. Have Omega take a look at it. Just to make sure you have a problem are you positive you are winding it fully each day until the crown can't be turned any further?

Like 1
Isn't it still under warranty? Why not let Omega handle it?
I think it only came with a two year warranty, but I will definitely check again!

If it was bought after July 2018 it has a five year warranty. Have Omega take a look at it. Just to make sure you have a problem are you positive you are winding it fully each day until the crown can't be turned any further?
It was bought after 2018, so that might be good news for me! I wind it until it stops, and I've never forced it, so I'm pretty sure I've been winding it fully.

Like 1
Before you have Omega look at it wind it fully, note the time, don't use the chrono, and see how long the watch runs. You should get somewhere between 48 to 52 hours before it stops.

Before you have Omega look at it wind it fully, note the time, don't use the chrono, and see how long the watch runs. You should get somewhere between 48 to 52 hours before it stops.
It's been keeping good time, but I'll wind it and see how long it takes for it to wind down. It'll give me time to find the warranty card (I actually know exactly where it is).

Yes, it was brand new, bought directly from Omega. What do you mean by "reference"? I agree: it definitely needs service or repair, but Omega charges over $700....I just don't think a timepiece that cost over $5000 should need a $700 service in under 10 years.
It won’t cost you $700 or anything, Omega extended the warranty of all watches to 5 years in 2018:

https://www.swatchgroup.com/en/services/archive/2018/omega-raises-its-warranty-all-watches-5-years

Since you bought it from Omega 2 years ago, you’re 100% covered and they will resolve it free of charge

Like 1
I think it only came with a two year warranty, but I will definitely check again!
It has a 5