Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary in Steel - Expectations

1. CaptDngr Mar 23, 2019

Indeed! This ^^

2. Screwbacks Mar 23, 2019

now that competing watches are revealed at basel's with their respective and indicative prices, could it influence the outcome of 321 pricing? to me, there is no competition against the new 321.

3. Ree Mar 23, 2019

If it's refundable then that's great. Should just be patient.

4. rominvicta Mar 24, 2019

Another reason that just came up to me. Perhaps they wait to release the more commercial pieces in order to be able to sell first in the all-gold-anniversary model?

LeonDeBayonne and Screwbacks like this.
  5. rominvicta Mar 24, 2019

Really? Do you think Omega will make a LE SS in 950 pcs? IMHO they should decrease number of LE to 1-3 per year but increase number in each lot to let’s say 3-6 000 pcs. And consequently make same but regular models with slight tweaks like different colour bezel or dial etc.

6. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 25, 2019

Probably not, but it costs almost nothing to hedge (by making a deposit) if they do. Memories of the Snoopy are still fresh; almost impossible to pick up after deliveries started unless you were okay with shelling out a lot of extra $.

Pepe Lucas likes this.
  7. rohnin Mar 25, 2019

I cannot stress enough how much they need to limit this to 1969 pieces!

BatDad likes this.
  8. LeonDeBayonne Mar 25, 2019

I don't think. Each new release gets a lot of attention, publicity and talks. So why would they release all new watches at the same time? What is surprising though is that nothing has been leaked from the meetings Swatch Group and Omega had with resellers in Zurich. These meetings end tomorrow so maybe, we'll hear something by the end of the day tmrrw.

SpeedyPhill likes this.
  9. bazderome Mar 25, 2019

Keep in mind that a deposit would have no where near secured a piece at all since omega was not involved with this, the deposit would have secure a piece in whatever stock allocation your boutique had, so if 950 pieces were made and 20 of you had made a deposit in your boutique there is high chances some of you would have just get the deposit back.

SpeedyPhill likes this.
  10. robinhook Mar 25, 2019

The dealer I'm working with, who just came back from Switzerland for the Omega "closed door" meeting, told me that the SS version will have rose gold on the bezel, and a lunar landing module at the 9 o'clock subdial. He did not provide any further detail. I think I'll keep the deposit in until the actual announcement.

MCG555, kilofinal and SpeedyPhill like this.
  11. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 25, 2019

Omega was involved with it (or at least Omega USA) -- this did not occur until about a week ago. The boutiques were supposedly given the go-ahead to secure deposits from interested customer (I actually emailed them about 2 months ago asking to be on the contact list when they started reserving watches).

Yes, it is possible a deposit would not guarantee a watch, but it would largely depend on how the reservation system was run, and how often reservation #s were passed on to HQ.

12. Pepe Lucas Mar 25, 2019

The people in the boutique here in San Antonio mentioned that only 1k pieces would be allocated to the USA.

13. abrod520 Mar 25, 2019

Rose gold on the bezel sounds fine, can be done nicely. But putting the LEM on the seconds subdial sounds tacky and dumb.

The more I hear about it, the more I think I'm not gonna want it...

14. Stufflers Mom Mar 25, 2019

I've been chuckling away for a few days now at the naysayers getting their panties in a bunch about a little bit of gold, let's just wait a bit longer and I'm sure it will all have been worth the wait, but until then here's a little bit of gold.

step00024c.jpg

Evitzee, rominvicta, cfracing and 5 others like this.
  15. robinhook Mar 25, 2019

Exactly. I don't want to draw any conclusion until seeing how it actually looks...

Pepe Lucas likes this.
  16. Ian_km Mar 25, 2019

Agreed, it can be done well on dial and bezel, it’s if the bracelet is two tone that will be a no from me.

17. nismo Mar 25, 2019

I very much doubt the bracelet will be two-tone at the price point my OB quoted me at $9,600-$9,700 USD. It would have to be probably $5k more added on to that price if it was "full" two-tone considering a 100% Moonshine gold version is $30k+.

Regardless, gold on the bezel, hands, and subdials on a Speedy is not for me. The only gold accents I can deal with on a watch is a very dressy Patek like the 5102g. It's got a very cool gold moon and stars that replicate the sky above Geneva throughout the year. But I don't have a quarter mil to drop on that...

Different strokes for different folks. Hopefully those that are still hopeful are not disappointed as I'd like to see Omega succeed and keep pushing the envelope.

rominvicta and Pepe Lucas like this.
  18. hansmaulwurf Senior Snoopy Owner Mar 26, 2019

Sedna Gold on a Brezel and Hands … there is an Apollo11 45th Anni which is still very popular at OF:

[​IMG]

19. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Mar 26, 2019

Summary of this topic so far:
    It might be a two-tone Speedmaster with a lunar landing module at the 9 o'clock subdial ::popcorn::

Post Scriptum: meanwhile a bunch of guys I know went for the Rolex Yachtmaster with ceramic bezel...

Virgil Grissom and rominvicta like this.
  20. BuzzProject Mar 26, 2019

Today is the ends of Time to Move, wil we have some news?