Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary in Steel - Expectations

1. shoota70 Apr 19, 2019

Nothing showed up for me... then again I know not what an Extranet is.

2. corn18 Apr 19, 2019

Only if it is space qualified.

3. MTROIS Apr 19, 2019

Extranet is only accessible to people who have an Omega account, for example retailers, watchmakers who can order omega parts, etc.
    NOT open to public.

4. Stufflers Mom Apr 19, 2019

If only there was a screen shot to back up the claim.

MTROIS likes this.
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 19, 2019

It's your choice to believe it or not - I don't care either way. I have no reason to lie about this, but whatever...

I won't be posting any screen shots, as Omega frowns upon that, so not happening.

lando, 8100_RPM, Cad290 and 7 others like this.
  6. RemiWM Apr 20, 2019

All your details are also confirmed by my AD (by email). :)

lustrousaurus likes this.
  7. Stufflers Mom Apr 20, 2019

It's easy to make wild claims and back off when asked to present proof, but hey ho it's takes all sorts I guess.

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 20, 2019

Sure

kkt, lando, drhex and 6 others like this.
  9. hanky6 Apr 20, 2019

Hey Stuffler
    Take it easy and listen to what people say, some members are very knowledgeable and also extremely helpful.
    I have gotten help on numerous occasions, with zero gain to the person helping me out.

Have a great day.

lando, drhex, 8100_RPM and 5 others like this.
  10. Stufflers Mom Apr 20, 2019

I'm sure that's true, but equally I'm free to form my own opinion on who and what I trust.

hanky6 likes this.
  11. queriver Apr 20, 2019

I trust the person who abides by the rules of Omega. If a person with access to Omega data takes a screenshot of data intended only for authorised people via their Extranet and puts it out on a public forum, that is wrong and they are not to be trusted.

kkt likes this.
  12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 20, 2019

The way I see it there are three possibilities here:

1 - A bunch of random people on a forum who claim to have seen or been told the same details about this watch are all actually conspiring as a group to mislead everyone for some unknown purpose, knowing that they will all be exposed as frauds when the details are finally released.

2 - Omega is putting up misleading details on the Extranet to throw people off the scent of the true details.

3 - What people have said is true, and the details given are of the new watch.

While 1 and 2 are certainly possible, they are not very plausible. As for the idea that by not posting a screen shot that this "backing off" some "wild claims" well that's certainly one way to look at it. :rolleyes:

Omega has made it clear that posting images of the Extranet can lead to losing a parts account, and I'm not about to risk that to satisfy some random person on a watch forum who wants to believe in conspiracy theories.

The good news is we'll all find out the truth soon enough. :)

Cheers, Al

kkt, rohnin, joso and 20 others like this.
  13. ejj Apr 20, 2019

This has taken an insane turn.

Comedic, for sure.

I’ve read Al’s comments for years, both on various forums and his own blog. I’ve never see evidence of hyperbole or fabrication.

bazderome and hanky6 like this.
  14. Omega-Q Apr 20, 2019

Thanks Archer. I'm new here, but have certainly enjoyed reading your contributions to the forums. :)

hanky6 likes this.
  15. Evitzee Apr 20, 2019

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but everyone is not entitled to their own facts. You are saying facts are just somebody's opinion. Seems a weird way to live.

We will all find out soon enough, if it turns out that Omega has been trolling us and they decide to offer a 500 piece edition with the Cal 321 movement for the original price of $200 instead of the one that is on their Extranet you can gloat at that time. In the meantime lets just cool our jets.

Edited Apr 20, 2019
  16. usasuisse Apr 20, 2019

AL
    Are you able to say when we will all find out what the steel version looks like and its features? Thank you

17. RemiWM Apr 20, 2019

Now let’s get back on topic please.

Visted another AD in Norway today. He could tell he has seen this watch live in person @ a closed Omega event in Switzerland. He said the watch is VERY nice looking. No pics where allowed. I wish it was mid May right now...

18. Stufflers Mom Apr 20, 2019

I'm saying that so far I have nothing tangible to go on, nothing more nothing less.

19. Slowpoker Apr 20, 2019

I think Omega wouldn't be all too pleased about someone they trust leaking information (or screenshots) off the restricted Extranet to people who aren't able to access it.

Everyone's free to believe whatever they want and we should all simply respect that choice. If Stufflers Mom needs more than Archer's word then that's perfectly fine. One persons facts will be opinions to someone else if they've not been backed up.

20. corn18 Apr 20, 2019

::puke::::facepalm1::::censored:::whipped:::facepalm2::::stirthepot::