Forums Latest Members
  1. hansaboy Dec 8, 2022

Screwbacks likes this.
  2. hansaboy Dec 8, 2022

Errhh... And don't look blindly at the estimate price, that can go bananas...

Screwbacks likes this.
  3. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 8, 2022

So about $6000 plus logistics at high estimate, seems cheap.

The mid case has no CB facet lines, and so there is something going on there. I have a feeling it’s an HF mid case, but I don’t have access to my materials here, so someone will chime in and confirm. (Case profiles not my strong suite, I need comps, and I don’t have them here)

the bezel is one of those that will annoy me unless the watch is cheap. For me the watch is missing a $3,000 bezel. On second look, there is a chance that bezel can clean up, and the photos are harsh, - but it’s a gamble, and it’s never going to be a great bezel, just a slight improvement. I think it has dirt between the bezel and the watch that we could clean out by removing the bezel.

The dial is not one that immediately attracts me, but it could be the photos again - they are rather amateur and don’t help convey attraction. It has close space T marks, that make me like it more, and these are seen in 66’s. As the heart of the attraction and value is the dial, I don’t see enough in these photos to make me want to take it home. Unless of course it’s cheap

original pushers make many things on a 105012 forgivable!

bracelet may or may not be original to the watch, but we have to add in value.

the main thing to watch out for here, apart from the obvious case back miss match, is the attractiveness of the whole. I think it may look better in real life, but the mid case/case back situation is a worry.

Part of the attraction may end up being the price. At the low estimate it’s a steal, even with any issues.

at the high estimate, as long as it warrants an extract it’s still cheap - though it’s going to get into worrying territory if it goes to say $10,000 with the case back situation, and lack of extract.

Lastly, the break value of this watch is probably higher than the estimate. Especially if the movement gets the extract.

movement $2,000 - $3,000
    Bezel $1,000 - $1500
    Dial $1,500 - $2,500
    Bracelet & Endlinks $1,250 - $2,00
    Mid case with pushers $2,000 -$3,000
    Case back $1,000 - $1,800
    Handset $300

As the OP said, I think this will blow through the estimates as there is still a strong buy pressure for Speedmasters, especially if they look like they might go cheap.

Screwbacks and M'Bob like this.
  4. hansaboy Dec 8, 2022

@Spacefruit :
    Thanks for your input, It means very much to me that you sort some some things out!
    The auction house has been very reluctant regarding info etc...

And they don't know the difference between HF and CB (even I didnt know all the details last month..:thumbsup:),
    but thanks to this lovely Forum, I learn more and more each and every day!

I will follow the auction, and see what happens, and post the result!

Cheers!

5. hansaboy Dec 8, 2022

Well....

that was fun, a lot of bids, and raises off 100 € every time, so it took a while!
    And the price landed at 5300 € plus a premium of 25%.

So there you have it!

IMG_7064.JPG

6. Dan S Dec 8, 2022

I have been seeing a lot of low auction prices recently for watches that are just not quite collector quality. Good time to buy if that’s what you are looking for.

Mark020, Davidt, Aludic and 2 others like this.
  7. hansaboy Dec 8, 2022

I know, I have been following a lot of auctions and there's plenty of them out there!
    And for myself, I see it as a combo: learning without moneyerror, and maybe I find the one that suites me?

Anyway, I do hope that people find the threads I write (there's been a few now...:whistling:) interesting and maybe a little amusing as well??

Screwbacks likes this.
  8. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 8, 2022

Bargain

logistics stopped me

Screwbacks likes this.
  9. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 8, 2022

If seller wants to flip to me delivered….

Aludic likes this.
  10. hansaboy Dec 8, 2022

I was a bit tempted to pull the trigger, it took a long time for the last bids to land, so I think 5400/5500 € would have done it??
    But since I am not a "senior" Speedy Guy, and don't have so much replacement parts and connections - I passed on it...

Well - on to the next auction!;)

Mark020 likes this.
  11. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Dec 8, 2022

Well bought I think ;-)

12. hansaboy Dec 10, 2022

@Mark020 - did you have a look at the watch? And maybe the lucky buyer???:thumbsup:

13. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Dec 10, 2022

No but I think the sum of the parts value as posted above makes sense so the buyer has a no risk deal

hansaboy and Aludic like this.
  14. Britinus Feb 10, 2023