Forums Latest Members

Omega Snoopy 50th Deposit being returned Goldsmiths

1. RobbieK6 Jun 14, 2021

Hi
    I'm new on this forum so please bear with me.
    I wondered if anyone else has had a call from Goldsmiths in the UK regarding returning of deposits. I paid the 10% deposit in October 2020 for the new snoopy. First deposit taken by the store for the watch. I have now been told In a phone call from the Reading store that Goldsmiths are returning all deposits as the watch will not be available until mid 22. Anyone else had the same call?
    Thanks
    Robbie

UnseenHero likes this.
  2. drhex Jun 14, 2021

Can't help with Goldsmiths but have you tried the OBs in London? Got mine without too much hassle.

ckhaing likes this.
  3. Stephan15 Jun 14, 2021

Which OB in London? Haven't heart a peep from mine since I put my name down back in October. :(

4. Bp1000 Jun 14, 2021

I think these watches are very delayed

I’m on a list with an omega boutique and they haven’t had any since launch and they are an OB

seems just some stores in London have had them

5. jets Jun 14, 2021

They trying to pull Rolex shenanigans?

6. JetLinks Jun 14, 2021

I wonder how many people are just over all the fuss?

7. scapa Jun 14, 2021

We had a version of that email some months ago, but it was phrased as an option, with no clear expectations beyond "4th quarter of 2021 through 3rd quarter 2022."

I ended up leaving my deposit in place, but if it's looking like stretching into 2022 - 23 I'm done, I think. This level of delays keeps the flipper market strong, I guess.

8. RobbieK6 Jun 14, 2021

Thank you for your replies, I was told mid 22 at the earliest. I wasn’t given a choice of leaving the deposit.

9. Capt Cave Man Jun 14, 2021

Just a thought, are you able to speak to Goldsmiths again and ask for your deposit to be held rather than refunded... of course if you still want to wait?

My deposit is with an AD in the UK, origionally I was told to expect it back in March, then received a call that it was delayed until October (this year). Realistically I'm expecting another call pushing it back a further six months as October comes round and expect alot of delays relate to current working practices due to the pandemic.

Edited Jun 14, 2021
  10. RobbieK6 Jun 14, 2021

Hi, I was told that all deposits are being returned I wasn’t given a choice. I posted on here to see if anyone else had a deposit down with them and had been told the same. I still haven’t had the deposit returned after 10 days so have emailed customer service to find out what’s going on. I guess I may be being dropped to make way for someone’s mate.

11. Buzz man Jun 14, 2021

I’m the same as I was told to take my deposit back from the OB In Glasgow which is part of the Goldsmith’s group even after saying it was ok to keep it as it would make no difference.

12. cvalue13 Jun 14, 2021

Not an singular answer, but something for the whiteboard of ideas/factors: these OBs/ADs aren’t exactly set up to be escrow agents holding material sums of essentially escrowed money quarter over quarter.

would not surprise me if, among many factors, certain OBs/ADs are living through various either accounting, tax, or even regulatory consequences of holding such amounts on the books without resolution (or a resolution in sight).

13. nismo Jun 14, 2021

When I called my US OB a few months ago for an update they told me this actually. They said it causes problems if they hold deposits for more than 12 months. So after I heard that and seeing this thread I expect them to refund deposits if they have no delivery timeline...

cvalue13 and scapa like this.
  14. RobbieK6 Jun 15, 2021

15. RobbieK6 Jun 15, 2021

So it does seem true that they are sending deposits back, still no sign of mine after 10 days. They did say that it wouldn't make any difference as to whether you get the watch or not as theres other things that they factor in like your purchase history etc. Just have to wait and see.

16. chadeaux Jun 15, 2021

I just checked, they will keep my full deposit, allocation confirmed for 2022. I guess it depends what position you are on the list.

17. chadeaux Jun 15, 2021

It seems the returns are from AD, not from OB.

18. Omega-Q Jun 15, 2021

My OB stated that Omega HQ told ADs to return deposits. I'm not sure of the validity of their statement, but that is what I was told when discussing the Snoopy situation. Perhaps this is one point of reference?

19. chadeaux Jun 15, 2021

I know 3 clients on the list in US, one of them got the Snoopy, the other two are still waiting with the full deposit in place.
    The OBs didn't offer any refunds, the only thing that they did was to communicate the expected time of delivery.
    The friend that got it few weeks ago was notified that his watch was coming.
    The other two clients got my same estimate with delivery for 2022.
    I agree it seems that refunding the deposits is happening from the AD. My OB completely excluded that possibility when I asked.

nwpan likes this.
  20. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 15, 2021

Few people in Australia I know who were after one already have theirs.

Must be a UK thing.