Omega Seamaster Deville Crown Help (Caliber 550)

Hello! Please go easy on someone new to this forum as I realize my exact question may have been asked before. Let me know if I'm missing a guide that exactly explains how to fix and where to find a replacement, otherwise let's dive in!

I received this Omega from a grandparent a couple of years ago. It's a stainless steel Omega Seamaster Deville, automatic. Sadly, when a family member was evaluating the watch shortly after receiving it, the crown popped off and despite hours of searching was never found. The movement seems to be working well as it immediately starts ticking again shortly after moving around with it.

Question #1:
Where can I find a replacement crown? It looks to me like I'll need the crown itself as well as the female attaching end of the stem. Note that this is a stainless steel model. I saw a couple of reference number in various forum questions, but when I pull those up it often seems to be a gold colored version.

Question #2:
Once I replace the crown, if it works just fine, should I be looking into doing anything more if the time keeping is ok? I'd like to start wearing it regularly unless you think it needs a service otherwise I risk damaging it.

Question #3:
The crystal is pretty scratched up. It's a genuine omega plastic (hexalite?). Should I see if some polywatch can take care of it, or do you recommend purchasing a new crystal?

I'm fairly new to the community but extremely excited about the opportunity to join it. Please let me know what you think or any advice you have!

What I can see:
Caliber 550
Serial Number: 22187971
17 jewel
Case number 165 020 (I think, it's a little hard to make out whether there's a number between the two sets of three)

Trying to figure some things out as I go along this afternoon. Let me know if I'm on the right track here. I saw a couple of people mention Ofrei so I checked out their website. Would this be the right thing to order? I would need to order both the crown AND the female stem next to it right?

upload_2023-8-20_21-23-57.png

My suggestion would be to find a watchmaker with an Omega parts account and let them do their job sourcing the needed parts when they service your watch witch it surely needs after sitting for so many years.

My suggestion would be to find a watchmaker with an Omega parts account and let them do their job sourcing the needed parts when they service your watch witch it surely needs after sitting for so many years.

I appreciate the advice. However, I’ve tried two so far with not great luck. The first said they couldn’t support and would need to ship it to the Omega service center (online it looks like it would cost about $700 for that not including parts), and the second local shop quoted me $650 for the service and crown. If both of those are typical prices then I can reset my expectations, but I was caught off guard by it and thus thought to try and at least get the crown fixed myself.

Like 1
The correct service crown for the DeVille mirrors the wide edging shown on the 43041. This is the correct ref.
The fine toothing on the OP crown is incorrect.

Like 2
I appreciate the advice. However, I’ve tried two so far with not great luck. The first said they couldn’t support and would need to ship it to the Omega service center (online it looks like it would cost about $700 for that not including parts), and the second local shop quoted me $650 for the service and crown. If both of those are typical prices then I can reset my expectations, but I was caught off guard by it and thus thought to try and at least get the crown fixed myself.

Those prices are not out of line, and could be higher if very many movement parts need replacing.

In any case, the current replacement crown that Omega identifies for this case is 069ST42531 - the one shown on the Otto Frie web site.

Yes, you will need the female part of the split stem, and depending on the condition of the male portion, you may need that also.

I would also advise to find a local watchmaker to take care of any issues. The crown reference looks to be 43041ST if I'm not mistaken. upload_2023-8-21_13-15-59.png
Here is one on https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/filter/omega-case-parts, but you might find some on other sites aswell. I recently bought one off ebay once ensured it was the correct reference. Here https://omegaforums.net/threads/crown-glass-gasket-list.81619/ are some catalogues with matching case/case-part references

Thanks a ton for that catalogue reference guide. That's extremely helpful!

Also appreciate everyone taking the time to provide some guidance and direction.