Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster 1948..any in the wild yet?

1. Ade29 Mar 28, 2019

October release date was initially set out on Omega website. Then it was pushed to I believe December or January on the website. Is the word on the hush that their will be additional delays beyond April 1? And how does this jibe with the post above that Vancouver has received the watch? Confused in Chicago.

Lord_amar likes this.
  2. ioaniro Mar 28, 2019

The OB here initially told me December then, once December passed they said they don't know anything. They have the platinum version for people to drool over but couldn't tell me more about the steel after it missed their December thingy. But I don't have a pre-order or anything, maybe if you put money down you get more info?

3. sturosen Mar 28, 2019

See below - screen capture of current listing - clearly contemplated December 2018 release date.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 12.44.58 PM.png
    ama98 likes this.
  4. Bp1000 Mar 28, 2019

At a guess these watches must have failed quality control or had a parts or manufacturing delay

It really is strange to see how long this has gone on for.

As there was one delivered in Canada last week I assume it won’t be long now.

Ade29 likes this.
  5. Ec1aaa Mar 28, 2019

UK here still waiting - I was told September, then December, then “we can’t give a time”, then March. Seriously unimpressed...

Ade29 and Goldy like this.
  6. SpeedyD Mar 29, 2019

Snap. I suspect my 1948 ‘fund’ will have found a new home before the watch arrives.

7. Goldy Mar 29, 2019

Same here

8. sturosen Mar 29, 2019

Me too, sad to say.

9. sturosen Mar 29, 2019

Just cancelled my order; got the 20% deposit back; applied it to a nice IWC Pilot's Watch. Somewhere in the last month or so, the spell broke for me with this piece. It's lovely, but close enough to a Rolex OP39 I have my eyes on, so...

Onegin likes this.
  10. Ec1aaa Mar 30, 2019

I am hanging in there. I was really excited about this watch and although my patience is wearing thin I am still really into the watch itself. I even understand that issues can cause delays. But the communication has been terrrible and Omega need to rethink their approach. Multiple missed release dates and radio silence don’t build anticipation - it’s amatuerish, saps patience, hurts sales and damages the brand.

UTKSA and Onegin like this.
  11. ama98 Mar 30, 2019

Probably the biggest FUBAR by Omega in the recent memory.

Onegin likes this.
  12. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 30, 2019

How so? Almost all of their LEs took 9-12 months before delivery (despite info at ordering time they would be ready much sooner)

13. ama98 Mar 30, 2019

This model was supposed to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the seamaster. They have announced it over a year ago and communicated to reach the stores August then October etc etc. and still no sign of the watch. Just imagine if this would happen to the 50th anniversary of the moonlanding.

14. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 30, 2019

It happened with the 60th Anniv watches... Especially the full Trilogy sets.

Anyway, I am trying to imagine. And I pretty much see them not being delivered as 'promised' (as usual). And the moon and the earth will still keep spinning and orbiting. SHould Omega actually deliver as quickly as people are hoping it would be a very pleasant surprise; having the watch be delivered after the anniversary would be expected by many.

15. Onegin Mar 30, 2019

I cancelled. I don’t mind the delays, but I didn’t appreciate the attitude from the AD and intimations that my questions showed a lack of experience in such matters. It’s been nice not to have to think about it.

sturosen likes this.
  16. Mr Gadget Apr 1, 2019

17. ioaniro Apr 1, 2019

I have this item reserved with Omega with delivery date expected some time in March. Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing this item.

The answer is, he doesn't have it yet I guess...

18. Goldy Apr 1, 2019

They've not got it yet, says expecting delivery in March , can't believe they're selling something before they've actually got it and doubling the price for good measure.

19. Ade29 Apr 1, 2019

This is all getting a bit bizarre.

20. Ade29 Apr 1, 2019

Supposedly just been released and should be showing up in the wild any day now. We shall see....