Forums Latest Members
  1. omegafan79 Jul 15, 2020

Hey everyone,

I love hearing both sides and everyones preferences in luxury timepieces. Reply with which you prefer and why!

-LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

2. RonJ Jul 15, 2020

I like them both.

3. kelsey Jul 15, 2020

Omega.
    No particular hate for Rolex or any brand, I strongly prefer manual for which Rolex makes zero (I only buy new from official sources).

4. 8100_RPM Jul 15, 2020

Omega and Rolex both make excellent watches. I have six Omegas and never really had the itch to purchase a Rolex until recently. At the end of the day, you can't go wrong with either one.

Scooterino36 and omegawatchlover like this.
  5. gbesq Jul 15, 2020

This has been done to death, but what the hell. Both companies make fine luxury watches that are more or less equal in quality. Rolex strengths: marketing, brand awareness, value retention. Omega strengths: technological innovation, styling, diversity of offerings. My personal preference: Omega.

6. kelsey Jul 15, 2020

I don’t think you’ll start any battle here most forum members are watch lovers and have multiple brands.

7. eldiano84 Jul 15, 2020

I am lucky to own both. At this rate Omega tops it for me, not only do they have their own store where they keep everything in house, they also have a certified watch technician that will take of any issues you have with the watch. Rolex deals with AD’s, the only Rolex dealership i Have been to that’s just Rolex, was at the Wynn in Vegas and of course they sell watches with mostly precious metals and flashy to say the least because Vegas, which basically means unattainable watches IMHO, on top on what they sell at AD’s. Like someone said before Value retention is above the roof, mostly because scalpers just buy watches from an AD and sell them for an exorbitant amount close to 5k above the asking price to get their profit and stir up the market. Basically if i want to sell my watch, I can get a good amount for it now and only need 500 bucks to get a newer model, that’s how much the value has skyrocketed in the last ten years.

Omega has the sexier designs and styles, the new 300M knocks it out of the ballpark compared to a sea dweller/submariner, i mean you wear the watch for the brand and it’s simplicity, but even then at this rate movement wise I get more accuracy with my Omega than the submariner consistently. Another thing that’s a huge, is that Omega will cater to you with anything and everything that’s in production. Say you want a new bracelet just because, no problem head to the store and they will order one for you and sell it, they will sell you pin bars, bezels, nato straps, heck even cologne and sunglasses down to celebrating with a bottle of champagne just because you set foot in their store, that speaks levels to me tbh.

The most important thing to look forward with owning a Rolex is colossal up tick in maintenance costs, in 2010, the price to service my Watch was 450 bucks, now it’s 850usd, JUST for maintenance, it does not include normal wear and tear like bezels or a new bracelet. You can’t order parts from rolex directly and some AD’s have to get certified to order parts just for your watch in repair. Omega’s service is 750 and they can sometimes hook it up with free oem parts if you sweet talk the tech. I mean at the end of the day all i can say is that Rolex sells watches, Omega makes them and that’s how I feel about both brands, I casually switch between both of them, but seriously Omega has stepped it up big time IMHO... that’s just me, now that rolex are hard to get a hold of with waiting lists, the guys at the dealership have been telling me they have been selling more omega watches due to the wait haha

8. gbesq Jul 15, 2020

Completely agree. Omega has really upped its game over the past 5 years.

9. RonH Jul 15, 2020

have been Omega fan boy since first James Bond observation...then noticed they were official time keepers of the Olympics. The third thing is I like not following crowds...everyone I knew wanted a Rolex. Period. I had Seiko, Citizen, Bulova....with my Seiko 6309 and Citizen Eco Drive Diver as my two most worn ever... I knew it would always be an Omega Seamaster automatic for first luxary watch. My next has waffled between King Seiko....Omega Speedmaster...or one from Weiss Watch Company in California until the release of the Antarctica No Date with blue second hand appeared today. LOL But the king of the heap for me is Omega....

Readiness77 likes this.
  10. RonJ Jul 15, 2020

Both Rolex and Omega age well.
    These watches are over 30 and 50 years old.

Interesting to see them side-by-side.

IMG_7295.jpg

Edit: I just noticed that both watches have a gold tone to them in this picture. They are both stainless steel. Not sure how I got that gold color in the picture.

Edited Jul 15, 2020
    Readiness77, CJpickup57 and eldiano84 like this.
  11. WatchTimes Jul 15, 2020

LOL you come into an Omega forum and start the Omega Rolex debate LOL!
    Both amazing watches who've been used in amazing situations.
    Ford/Chevrolet...
    There is no right answer.
    Find what YOU like most!

Stewart A likes this.
  12. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 15, 2020

Like fruit, sometimes it’s a orange or sometimes it’s a apple. But other times it’s a banana, or you get a good nashi pear ;)
    Mango season starting in my neck of the woods now so it’s mango daiquiri’s for breakfast in a few weeks :cool:

13. Bimmerman77 Jul 15, 2020

Tough one. I love both brands equally. Both have their pros and cons. I feel that Rolex tend to age better style wise. I have 5 Rolex and 2 omegas left. Had 12 omegas over the years but sold them off. I kept the 2254 and my slate dial AT 8900. The AT may go soon since I just picked up a new Datejust 41. I’ll never get rid of my 2254 though. That’s my baby

Readiness77 likes this.
  14. EricCsN Jul 15, 2020

There is no shopping experience at Rolex for me since they have nothing to sell to me (am not interested in their day-date or date just model) and not in the foreseeable future. I am also a chronograph person, loves complicated watches so only the white daytona for me (pepsi and the full gold green sub are the only non chronograph exception). i would avoid going non-AD or second hands for rolex since the super replica are available the world over (i could be scammed)

kelsey likes this.
  15. NGO1 Jul 15, 2020

The answer to that question is: Both.
    Most watch guy owns both, eventually.

kkt likes this.
  16. Gruesome Jul 15, 2020

Nice job feeding the troll, everyone.

17. SurvivingJoe Jul 16, 2020

The white balance played the magic.

RonJ likes this.
  18. DSotW Jul 16, 2020

My experience with Rolex and Omega comes down to the local ADs.

Bucherer is the local Rolex/Tudor AD. The welcome you receive by the doorman is not exactly what I would call "warm". More like you are an inconvenience. Sales staff we good though.

The Omega boutique is a different story, the welcome was warm, with someone instantly asking if they could help in any way. All in all, a much nicer experience. They also offer you coffee if you are going to do more than simple window shopping. All in all, a nicer experience.

Now the clientele are different in each store. Rolex was full of Asians on holiday (two tourist buses were parked nearby), whereas Omega was full of Brits/Americans on holiday and a few locals (like me).

19. CPRwatch Jul 16, 2020

I like Romegas & I also like Omegalex , both make great watches .

Greg79 and DSotW like this.
  20. borre Jul 16, 2020

Both please!!!