Forums Latest Members
  1. tapaptpat Aug 2, 2021

@matthewt
    Once you start to look, they are everywhere.

-> Google image search for Lemania troy watch
    -> To speak the second part of the commercial problem with SA, i think it was done through proxy in Luxembourg or France based on an old procurement docco.

Note these proofs people speak of i have none. Possible in Lemania's historical archives if they are ever located.

What i am willing to offer is: Wild speculations, Throwing of sticky things at the wall. Rocking horse poo, pre owned-Unicorns
    And many other fun things like theory crafting.

Maybe @Syrte can offer some mil assistance

evening all
    ::stirthepot:: p

Northernman likes this.
  2. matthewt Aug 2, 2021

Thanks so much for your comprehensive reply, certainly an interesting time for all Swiss watch companies post Quartz crisis. I guess it was buy outs and amalgamations of companies that ultimately saved the industry. The swatch group has almost become a monopoly in South Africa, having bought up most of the big brands barring a few. Thanks again, appreciate the time taken.

Northernman and tapaptpat like this.
  3. matthewt Aug 2, 2021

Thanks, most of those images are from my sons websites, www.origintime.co.za and www.crownsandchronos.co.za. He met with one of the Piguets and picked his brain for history and the story. As he was the grandson, not all info was firsthand and there was also much speculation. Subsequent to finding this watch, i am trying to meet with him again to find out if there are any order books or records of orders from Lemania or Omega. Ill keep all posted to my findings.......

tapaptpat and Northernman like this.
  4. matthewt Jan 2, 2022

Thanks for your detailed reply....makes sense......sorry mine was slow....completely missed this one....