Omega Geneve Dynamic winder breaking.

I have a Geneve Dynamic, bought in 1972 basic model no day date. Every 2 years or so the winder comes loose. I have a good friend who is a qualified independent watch repairer, who does the repairs for me, he says this is a weakness in the design. Is this correct? I have just had it cleaned and repaired again, but this time lasted only 2 months before the winder came off the watch. I have always taken for granted that he uses genuine parts. But I have always thought that this is not really the issue here.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, As I now am very reluctant to use it.

It's a 2 piece stem that is made to come apart in order for the movement to be removed from the top. You can absolutely pull it out given enough leverage. It shouldn't come out easily and they do wear out. Did your watchmaker replace it during service? A little bit of care, you can line it up and snap it back in place. 馃榾

In addition, both parts of the stem should be replaced at the same time.
A new crown/stem and an old movement/stem are not a happy combination.

Thanks for the replies. I am aware that it's broken when the winder is free-wheeling and not winding the watch up. That is when I realize it can come straight out.

Take it back to your watchmaker. Looks like the movement has turned a couple of degrees clockwise inside the case.
Easy fix. Don't lose sleep over it.
Edited:

Take it back to your watchmaker. Looks like the movement has turn a couple of degrees clockwise inside the case.
Easy fix. Don't lose sleep over it.

Yes, this is the problem...if he is Omega certified, have him buy and install the wedge for the case:

0920001BL | WEDGE

Those 2 part or male/female stems are always a pain and the female part where the crown is attached usually gets weak over time causing it to give way. Better replace both parts and call it a day. And please be absolutely sure it鈥檚 a 2 part stem because I鈥檝e seen lazy watchmakers install conventional stems and it was a pain to take apart.

Thanks for the info, I will pass this along. No, he is an independent watchmaker.