Forums Latest Members
  1. BayareaTrax Jan 20, 2020

I am new to the forums and interested in buying a watch through some of the regular sellers here rather than grey market.

In particular I am interested in the Sapphire Sandwich (311.30.42.30.01.006) and the Speedmaster co-axial moonphase (304.30.44.52.01.001)

Can you guys please be so kind as to list me the most reputable/highest volume omega sellers who can possibly sell watches with warranty?

So far I have mdgrwl, kringkily, millenary watches, davidsw, sgrossma and chronos

Thank you,

Deltatango likes this.
  2. WatchCor Jan 20, 2020

I would kindly suggest to work the other way around. Look for a watch you like and then do you due dilligence on the seller.

Seller reviews. It's good to look at post count , how long they've been here, some of their posts etc. You can even contact some of the ppl who have left a review for a seller. Ask for more details or how the transaction went for them (if it's not already evident in their review post).

I would guess if a forum member has had a good transaction they'd be happy to answer a question or two about a seller.

Foo2rama, Spacefruit, Larry S and 3 others like this.
  3. Dan S Jan 20, 2020

Take a step back and think about how this thread will be viewed by regular forum members. A newcomer walks into a community, and asks members to publicly list their favorite other members for the newcomer's benefit. Why would we do that? And if someone does list a few names, how would you know that the list is credible? I think you will need to navigate the forum with a bit more tact and respect.

Ultimately, these are things you need to determine for yourself, using the available tools like seller reviews, by establishing trust as an engaged member of the forum, making relationships by networking, and via private messages to members with whom you have established a relationship.

4. pongster Jan 20, 2020

Am also waiting just in case somebody sends a list of the most reputable sellers. :)

tpatta, amcclell and DaveK like this.
  5. Dan S Jan 20, 2020

ev3rclear
    staristheanswer
    Stefan and Magnus Sigurdsson
    vividlily/montre48
    paperclip-boy

MtV, Shabbaz, Scarecrow Boat and 32 others like this.
  6. S.H. Jan 20, 2020

:D

Scarecrow Boat, kov and Larry S like this.
  7. Eve Jan 20, 2020

Thats mean! :D :whipped:

kov, DaveK and connieseamaster like this.
  8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 20, 2020

9. janice&fred Jan 20, 2020

tough crowd!

anyways whenever perusing sales offerings on forums I always figured the seller that posts the most "bumps" ,flimsy "Wednesday sale" and "let's make this gone" type follow ups must be doing something right. :D

10. gostang9 Jan 20, 2020

That information is available in the "Watch Seller Profiles" thread. Homework is best done by oneself...

https://omegaforums.net/forums/watch-seller-profiles/

greyfox422 and connieseamaster like this.
  11. Partagas Jan 20, 2020

Agree, tough crowd. That said, a little research goes a long ways. I made my first grey purchase a few years ago (Rolex DJ). Spent some time perusing various forums. By the time I closed the deal, I was very comfortable and had no worries. Like they say, buy the seller. I had done my homework, and everything went perfectly.

12. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jan 20, 2020

I am by far the most reputable seller on Omega Forums. I have whatever you need. No need to check me out on your own. Trust me!!!
    I only accept cash transfer through Western Union and will ship as soon as I pick up the funds. I am located in Nigeria so it might take a bit for our postal service to deliver but it really will get there. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. As others have said, find the watch you want THEN search for reviews of that seller. I have purchased watches on this Forum for 6 years and have NEVER been burned.

Shabbaz, Scarecrow Boat, 89-0 and 6 others like this.
  13. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jan 20, 2020

Let us also add that these forums’ primary purpose is not to compete with e-bay.

14. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 20, 2020

Cant believe no one else did this

[​IMG]

15. bags1971 Jan 20, 2020

Nigerian prince by any chance

16. Pilot85 Jan 20, 2020

I can find you any of those to with a very good discount at my AD. But you will pay for Dinner and drinks :cool::cool:

17. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jan 20, 2020

Honest crowd.

18. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jan 20, 2020

No but I represent the former king and the former minister of economic development. Trust me. :)

19. gbesq Jan 20, 2020

At one time or another, all of us made our first posts on this forum. Not all of us were well informed then and most of us asked naive questions. I certainly did. While many of the responses to the OP’s question are humorous, not very many are helpful and some are downright rude. OP DID do some of his own research and came up with a list of OF members who do have good reputations as sellers. Is there something terribly wrong with answering the OP’s question? We could always PM the guy with our opinions.

cnjackson and PhilF like this.
  20. Dan S Jan 20, 2020

Unlike yours ... which is helpful. :rolleyes:

MCC, Peemacgee and timecube like this.