Forums Latest Members
  1. astrand May 9, 2018

Hello everyone,

I've been split between a new speedmaster professional or a used 2531 seamaster for a while but I believe I've settled on the seamaster. I know there are reputable used resellers, such as kringkily, but I realised that I would have to pay an import fee because I am currently living in Sweden. A ~20% charge is worth it if the deal is sweet enough, but I wonder if anyone here lives in the EU and knows of someone.

This will be my first big watch purchase and would prefer to go through someone that is trusted by people on these forums than ebay.. Or should I look at ebay?

Thanks in advance.
    Alex.

2. Huus May 9, 2018

Chrono24. Many European sellers on there with new and used and no taxes between EU member countries. But check out the listings thoroughly as I've seen many listings with pictures of multiple watches being for sale as the same watch.

astrand likes this.
  3. astrand May 9, 2018

I've looked there off and on but did not know how legit it is, from seller to seller, but I suppose I could research the seller before purchasing.

Thanks for your reply!

4. astrand May 9, 2018

My father will be visiting me this July, another idea is that I could buy from an American seller and ship to him and he brings the watch to me.

5. Totoro May 9, 2018

You can watch on Mall of the Watch, it is a grey dealer. Don’t know if they have the watch you are looking for but they have really good prices on omega watch. For example they sell brand new speedmaster for the price of used one. They are located in Monaco.

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  6. astrand May 9, 2018

Thank you!

My fiance (who wants to pay for at least half of the watch) is really pushing for the speedy still, so this is nice to know about in case she happens to get her way. We didn't want to have my dad travel with that box because the new packaging is huge. And we would avoid the EU import fees.

Edited May 10, 2018
    Totoro likes this.
  7. NWNL May 11, 2018

U can always used Trusted Checkout!

astrand likes this.
  8. astrand May 11, 2018

Okay, thanks!

9. ChrisN May 11, 2018

For used, I'd probably look on the private watch sales here.

There's another forum in UK that I'm on occasionally and people seem to like these guys for new watches at reduced prices:
    https://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/our-brands/all-brands/omega.html

I've never used them so, do some research before jumping in. I have to admit that I've only ever bought new watches from an official dealer.

Cheers, Chris

astrand likes this.
  10. Seaman May 11, 2018

I always buy used watch because of the price..but an used well maintain Omega will look like new..:)

11. Bernardino May 11, 2018

I’ve sold to Iconic watches previously, they are very particular when it comes to their inspection etc so only take decent watches.

Another that I’ve traded with are Blowers Jewellers based in the uk. Gave me a good price when I traded my P.O. for the speedy, they normally have a lot of stock

astrand likes this.
  12. astrand May 11, 2018

Thank you for the tips everyobe, I really appreciate it. :)

13. Gurn May 11, 2018

I know what to do.... Buy both :D

astrand likes this.
  14. astrand May 11, 2018

Seems like the most logical course of action!

I do agree with my fiance (and with forum member opinion) that if the watch is meant to commemorate our wedding then a brand new watch (the speedy) would be the best choice, but I have trouble dropping the 2531.. especially older tritium models with the 1109. So, I may fork over the money for the used seamaster later on. We shall see what happens. I will of course update when something is ordered.

Thanks again!

OWa likes this.
  15. Gbhulk May 14, 2018

E at can be tricky, a lot of fraud on there?