Omega brand awarness as a luxury brand

For starters - WEAR YOUR WATCHES! Don't hide em under clothing! People fought wars wearing these things, they can easily take daily wear. Each mark the watch encounters is character, and can be polished out at next service if it bothers you so much. Enjoy your hard-earned pieces to the fullest! There's no point owning a Porsche if it doesn't leave the driveway!

Could not agree more. Can't see the point in making a safe queen.
Buy a watch you like and wear the hell out of it.
You can be carefull of course but I don't see the point in molly coddling steel watches.
Each nick and scratch is part of the history.

You can be carefull of course but I don't see the point in molly coddling steel watches.

First, then you will tell me it is over polished. Second, I wear it two or three hours in the evening and still enjoy it under the fleece and at the desk there is a cloth on the desk so the buckle stays mint. Third, three months and look at this clasp.... Forth, before anything is said the dial is not a redial, it has never been polished, no relume, the movement dial foot has not been broken and all movement parts are original. It was purchased from the boutique, original box, papers and receipt.

Sorry guys I worked hard for this. I want to keep it as mint as possible, of course some minor scratches and marks are inevitable but drastically minimised.

thats why i only buy used cars and used watches... i never really have to cringe when i bump into something with my watch/ car ;o)

First, then you will tell me it is over polished. Second, I wear it two or three hours in the evening and still enjoy it under the fleece and at the desk there is a cloth on the desk so the buckle stays mint. Third, three months and look at this clasp.... Forth, before anything is said the dial is not a redial, it has never been polished, no relume, the movement dial foot has not been broken and all movement parts are original. It was purchased from the boutique, original box, papers and receipt.

Good lord, calm down. This is just my opinion and its ok not to agree.
I wouldn't say it was over polished as I would leave the nicks and scratches on the case as part of the history of the watch and not get it refinished.
For me, laying a cloth on the desk so your clasp stays mint is slightly ridiculous, and not at all how these watches were intended to be worn. But, if it makes you happy then that's all that matters.

I wouldn't say it was over polished as I would leave the nicks and scratches on the case as part of the history of the watch and not get it refinished.
For me, laying a cloth on the desk so your clasp stays mint is slightly ridiculous, and not at all how these watches were intended to be worn. But, if it makes you happy then that's all that matters.

It seems to me that the debate on whether to 'use' watches versus collecting them versus something in between is a matter of personal preference. I have some that I will 'use', some that I wear carefully, and a couple that because of age, get admired and cared for but don't come out very often. And the diversity among us is part of what I enjoy about this forum

As far as brand awareness of Omega as a luxury brand, I think that while its reputation isn't as wide as Rolex, its not far from it. The value is certainly there as well as the intrinsic joy you get when you put it on.
My two cents and that's about what they are worth. 😀
Edited:

I'm friends with the athletic director at Arkansas State.
Sorry about the New Orleans Bowl the other night! I was down there, and the Arkansas State fans were everywhere all weekend, dressed in their bright red team attire, and very boisterous. I was in a restaurant in the French Quarter Friday night when the team bus passed by, and the whole place erupted. I guess the Louisiana Tech fans just came down for the game, though their campus is also pretty far from the Superdome.

You, Jay and all of us have a right to our opinon and sharing it on a forum. 😀 In the mean time I pay my money and take my choice, cloth included.😀

It seems to me that the debate on whether to 'use' watches versus collecting them versus something in between is a matter of personal preference. I have some that I will 'use', some that I wear carefully, and a couple that because of age, get admired and cared for but don't come out very often. And the diversity among us is part of what I enjoy about this forum

As far as brand awareness of Omega as a luxury brand, I think that while its reputation isn't as wide as Rolex, and its not far from it. The value is certainly there as well as the intrinsic joy you get when you put it on.
My two cents and that's about what they are worth 😀

I agree Garv, 100%. 😀😀😀😀😀

Sorry about the New Orleans Bowl the other night! I was down there, and the Arkansas State fans were everywhere all weekend, dressed in their bright red team attire, and very boisterous. I was in a restaurant in the French Quarter Friday night when the team bus passed by, and the whole place erupted. I guess the Louisiana Tech fans just came down for the game, though their campus is also pretty far from the Superdome.
We had a great time but for the final half of the game.

Someone recognized and complimented my Planet Ocean today. He was wearing a Breitling Navitimer. We had a brief, friendly conversation.

This is what keeps me coming back. There is no mob consensus about the "right way".

While I personally would never own a watch that I couldn't feel comfortable at my desk or on the bench I totally understand the preservationist view.

Just a daily viewing of what are you wearing shows an interesting spread of tastes.

Someone recognized and complimented my Planet Ocean today. He was wearing a Breitling Navitimer. We had a brief, friendly conversation.

This is what I have started doing myself since I got interested in watches and collecting them. When I get to meet some one, at some point in the conversation I'll bring up the watch he or she is wearing and ask some questions about it, regardless of brand or model. Soon enough I find out if it is just a watch to them or if they are more into watches. I only have a limited knowledge of watches and it is another way of picking up on different watches and brands without going to a dealers store. As I am mainly into Omega's I sometimes think it is time to broaden my horizons of watches after such a meeting. And I am sure this is going to happen in future.
Regards.

As far as brand awareness of Omega as a luxury brand, I think that while its reputation isn't as wide as Rolex, its not far from it. The value is certainly there as well as the intrinsic joy you get when you put it on.
My two cents and that's about what they are worth. 😀
I'll give you 4 cents for your two...

I'll give you 4 cents for your two...
That's an easy way to double the money. What's the catch?

That's an easy way to double the money. What's the catch?
None. Just fair value

Popularity depends on regions. Believe it or not, Omega trumps Rolex in a larger part of the world 😀

NA = Rolex
EU = Rolex & Omega (UK is bigger on Omega)
Asia = Omega

I agree, wear the heck out of it. The most dangerous part is putting it on and taking it off as I've dropped one of my watches one time (ok make that 3 3 times) and thought to myself, damn that was an expensive drop.

Popularity depends on regions. Believe it or not, Omega trumps Rolex in a larger part of the world 😀

NA = RolexEU = Rolex & Omega (UK is bigger on Omega)
Asia = Omega

... and my gut says that here in Switzerland it is the same as in the UK. What is Rolex? 😉

NA = Rolex
EU = Rolex & Omega (UK is bigger on Omega)
Asia = Omega

Agree with Rolex beating Omega in the US, not so sure about Canada. I would add South and Latin America = Rolex domination. Italians are also Rolex fan-boys in a big way. Not sure about Germany and France. I suspect Germany might be more of an Omega base. I agree with Omega having the upper hand for UK and certainly in Asia (especially China, though I would exclude Singapore). I think in Australia we might have a tie? This is all fun speculation...I would only actually bet money on Rolex beating Omega in the US, Italy & Latin/South America and Omega beating Rolex in China and other parts of Asia.