Forums Latest Members
  1. vbrad26 Dec 5, 2019

Maybe I'd consider buying more from my AD if they had pizza available to purchase as well...

BatDad and Larry S like this.
  2. 03Hemi Dec 5, 2019

They also sell Rolex in my area.
    Sams sells Invicta in case you can't get into the COSTCO. :D

3. zinengineer Dec 5, 2019

I’ve not seen any Omegas in the Costco’s I frequent, however, I wouldn’t characterize the areas I live in an Omega rich target market.

I tell everyone “if Costco doesn’t have it, you don’t need it”. Omega watches an obvious exception to that rule!

4. drhombus24 Dec 5, 2019

My local Costco has a stainless steel white dial datejust 41 for 9k. Thought it was a pretty good deal, but not interested in it at the moment

5. Omega-Q Dec 5, 2019

My Costco always has an Omega (Northern Virginia). Other Costcos I have been to have always had at least one Omega on display. No surprises here...

6. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 5, 2019

I saw one at the Pentagon City location a year or two back; I can't remember what model though (I think it was a Seamaster Quartz). I haven't looked on my last few trips there.

7. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 5, 2019

The first part of that is very romantic, etc., but not important for me. I would be suspect of anyone who could tall me what each mark on their watch is from, or who treats a watch as a living, breathing being. To me a watch is a watch -- there are traits/ attributes that make me like some of them a lot more than others, but stories from pas owners usually do not factor in. I agree that it is nice to sit with other watch enthsiests and talk about the watches, but for me that is separate from a buying experience.

And for me buying from an AD isn't any better than buying from any other venue/ person, over the internet, etc. ADs have their place, but I do not always need one when I am in search of a specific model.

That is why all these purchase options exit -- there is a method for each and ever potential buyer.

8. Omega-Q Dec 5, 2019

That's the exact Costco I was referring to. The last watch I saw there was a Speedmaster Date/Day-Date version in two-tone hovering around $9K. Would have been cool to see a different version...

Ravineman likes this.
  9. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 5, 2019

I suspect that store has too much foot traffic for one of the 'collectible' models to last very long.

10. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Dec 5, 2019

I wish my Costco would regularly stock Omegas. They're very few and far between. So far I've seen one grey Aqua Terra and one of the enamel-dialed retro models there in the past 5 years or so.

11. M'Bob Dec 5, 2019

I get that the discount is attractive, as well as the convenience. But what's the break point- if they started selling them at Walmart for even less, would that be better?

While I really don't buy into the whole going to the boutique mentality, where I pay full price and get a cup of espresso and and an Omega magazine, the other side of that dynamic just cheapens the brand perception to some extent. I know it's all bullshit, but we all have to maintain some minor delusions. Like, I know what a supermodel looks like without her make-up on...I just don't want to see it.

12. JwRosenthal Dec 5, 2019

JBL and B&W were once considered the best in the speaker business- then they started marketing lines for Circuit City and Best Buy’s- it has totally killed the branding for both despite the fact that they still make incredibly high end products..but perception is half the game.

13. scapa Dec 5, 2019

That'll be the hordes of Costco shoppers wanting to add a nice Tresor our Globemaster to their 30 kilo jars of California garlic powder and 90 cent winter gloves.

I've never seen much above TSC Trillant-Cut Rubylite-type jewellery at my local Costco. Right beside the cafe serving corned-beef hash.

14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 5, 2019

Good thing I buy speakers using my ears, not using "branding"...

BradleyJ., Mossback and Larry S like this.
  15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 5, 2019

For me, it's not important at all where I buy something from, unless there's a "real" reason for it. For example the speaker analogy - I don't want to by speakers in a big box store. I want a place that is going to demo them for me in a dedicated listening room, with a system that matches my own as closely as possible, then have them bring in one pair at a time and let me listen to the differences with music I am familiar with in order to make a selection. This is an example of something the really needs a proper store.

There's really no need for a specialty store to buy a watch...and the fact that people buy watches on-line all the time shows that others think the same way, even some brands that are selling on-line...

BatDad, JwRosenthal and BlackTalon like this.
  16. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 5, 2019

Says you. What "Lines" are you talking about?

17. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 5, 2019

Not sure how that is the same thing, as Omega isn't making special lower-quality models for them.

If Costco sold Porsches I would probably rather buy one from them than from a Porsche dealership.

Larry S and Archer like this.
  18. absoluteczech Dec 5, 2019

Only Omega at my local Costco is a womens with diamonds for 8k... And a Breitling Avenger

lustrousaurus likes this.
  19. JwRosenthal Dec 5, 2019

My comment is simply when you put a premium brand in a wholesale environment or discount store it hurts the branding of the company- not the product itself (although Larry, the products JBL and B&W sell at Best Buy are not the same products they sell at higher end stores- you’re not gonna find a pair of 801’s at Best Buy). This is not something I need to illustrate further- anyone in marketing can speak to this point.

NYCwatchgal and M'Bob like this.
  20. time flies Dec 5, 2019

20190311_103000.jpg 20190311_103005.jpg 20190311_103054.jpg
    Within the last 6 months.
    have fun
    kfw

Edited Dec 5, 2019
    lustrousaurus likes this.