Forums Latest Members
  1. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 7, 2019

I would assume that is the case for anything very complicated or exclusive.

2. rudagger Dec 8, 2019

Agreed.Name an AD or OB that would take the watch back the next week because you changed your mind for whatever reason.

3. alam Dec 8, 2019

IMO...not all grey dealers are created equal.

4. NYCwatchgal Dec 8, 2019

Agreed. But would one really trust to have their piece serviced by Costco? ::confused2::

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 8, 2019

Is there a reason you think they would not repair it properly, knowing that it could lead to a return?

6. NYCwatchgal Dec 8, 2019

Suppose you're right if Costco's reputation is on the line.

7. gbesq Dec 8, 2019

I would trust Costco to do the right thing. I inquired about returning a very expensive memory foam mattress that I bought there after I had owned it for more than a year. Costco told me to keep the mattress AND issued me a full refund, no questions asked. Now THAT is customer service. If they had an Omega that I wanted and their price was competitive, I would purchase it from them without hesitation. Their members are fiercely loyal for a reason.

03Hemi likes this.
  8. rudagger Dec 8, 2019

I asked about warranty the time I saw a Speedmaster, and the fellow said it's the Costco warranty - "Any problems, just bring it back".

The only time I saw a return denied was on a washer. The clerk noted the sticker with the serial number was partially torn off, and refused to take it back. The woman loaded it back in the rental van.

On the other hand, I even saw a guy return a tv without a box and WITHOUT THE REMOTE. "I lost it" he said. And they still took it back.

Larry S likes this.
  9. orlis Dec 8, 2019

Also heard stories that people return there goods they bought from different retailers and Costco....accepts them!

10. JwRosenthal Dec 8, 2019

That’s akin to the retail urban legend about a Nordstrom that accepted a return on a set of tires because the customer insisted- no joke.
    I tested the Nordstrom return policy once- I had bought a pair of Kenneth Cole dress shoes when I was in a pinch once (on travel, no dress shoes- had an event I had to go to), wore them once then thew them in the closet. I used the box in my sock drawer to organize socks.
    About 4 years later I was cleaning or my closet and found the shoes thrown in the back and thought to myself....hmmmm. Put them back in the box and brought them to the store. I was dead honest with the clerk- told I’m i bought them, hated them, wore them once 4 years ago and just didn’t want them....he scanned them in the computer and said the last retail value on them was $125...would I like cash or store credit.

Companies like Costco or Nordstrom deserve the reputations they have for customer service. I give them high praise for that.

cineaste likes this.
  11. Njnjcfp88 Dec 13, 2019

31CCB243-9BCE-45C6-80E1-6366A356F019.jpeg 9536719F-F7B1-488D-BA4B-B02A72C6B775.jpeg Tonight at the Willowbrook NJ Costco ....ho, ho, ho!!

03Hemi likes this.
  12. JohnnyRocket Dec 26, 2019

Back in about 2013 I bought my first Speedy Pro stainless. Having always dreamt
    Of eventually having one...I was shocked at the time that my local Costco did indeed have one. This is in the wilds of Vancouver Canada.
    The Price...$2500. Canf. About $3k when you add that GST. (Gouge & Screw Tax).
    It was a new store opening coincidentally, which may have have been why
    Lightning struck.(Metaphorically speaking). They also had The Moon to Mars
    Version. Go figure.
    But alas like the dinosaurs they disappeared not long afterward.
    Was it a great deal? Hell Yes! Should I have bought both? Coulda -woulda - shoulda! So have a look....I had seen a Constellation in one about a year ago.
    You never know! Buy the way it worked perfectly...and I eventually moved up to
    The Apollo 8 DSOTM. No where near that price point, I regret to say.
    The Fun is in the Hunt.
    At that price...You can afford to buy a lot of cereal and food court hotdogs!

apsm100 likes this.
  13. time flies Jun 16, 2021

Costco. Harrisburg, Pa.
    20210614_134716.jpg 20210614_134710.jpg
    Real shiny with a non hacking miyota motor.

have fun
    kfw