Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. kalvinoz Sep 10, 2017

I only got on the list in late July, so it's fair I wait a bit longer.

I got a bit carried away and already ordered a leather strap from Bas and Lokes (Aussie made). Their just-launched vintage collection looks amazing too (sadly it was released just after I placed my order).

2. jim26 Sep 10, 2017

I really like Bas' work. Her leather goods are fabulous & extremely well made. I have about 6 of her straps (NATO and 2 piece) & a few other bits and pieces such as iPhone case etc..
    Her British Racing Green NATO is next on my list & I agree with you that those Russet tan vintage straps look awesome too..

Longbow likes this.
  3. mikechi22 Sep 10, 2017

Gosh, it's such a beauty! Sorry to hear you're not in love with it! Which series number did you get?

4. owlan Sep 10, 2017

Any pictures of the straps? I’ve been contemplating picking up either the Skyfall or Guinness Padded Strap for either my Speedmaster Trilogy or my Panda Automatic.

5. jim26 Sep 10, 2017

Introducing #1488 to the world.. Here's another picture, this time a 'lume' shot. rm02.jpg

Kmart, bazamu, Pun and 5 others like this.
  6. jim26 Sep 10, 2017

Take a look at her web site, just Google Bas and Lokes. Not to sure on what the rules are around here for links to other websites? There are some lovely photo's on her Instagram account too..

7. Longbow Sep 11, 2017

Congratulations on your first post and being the first RM owner in Oz! Welcome to our still rather exclusive club. Love that second photo by the way.

The '57 LEs have been so hyped and the wait so long that it should be no surprise that a bit of reality has sunk in post delivery. That feeling should wear off soon and you will (hopefully) recognize that you chose the greatest of the 3 LEs. The RM is an awesome watch without the extra help of twiddly bezel or chronograph pusher toys.

8. jim26 Sep 11, 2017

Thanks for your inspiration! Yeah, I really hope that I can give the to love the RM as it deserves as it is beautiful. As you have stated it is a no-frills genuinely great time piece, perhaps I built up such expectation that I was only going to be let down, we shall see? I'll swap the bracelet over to some straps and see how I go from there. I think that's what this piece needs - a nice vintage strap to set it off!

Mtnmansa and frazierspa like this.
  9. LeonDeBayonne Sep 11, 2017

Congratulations jim26. In my opinion, the steel bracelet is too think and heavy for the watch, and I believe for any of the trilogy set. It would fit perfectly on a ck2998, which is as thick as the seamaster but larger (39.7mm vs. 39.0mm). But if you try to RM on a perlon strap (10-to-15 EUR) or on the leather strap that came with the watch, I think the "magic" can and will come back.

frazierspa likes this.
  10. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 11, 2017

I don't think the bracelet per se is too thick, but the clasp, with too limited microadjustment considering the length of the clasp. My only disappointment with my Railmaster. Shame they couldn't make it perfect. I actually love the rest of the bracelet.

11. DIV Sep 11, 2017

Speaking of straps....I would like to get one of those simple "flapless", 2-ring Nato straps for my RM, but I'm having a hard time finding many 19mm NATOs and especially the one-piece simple kind....can anyone help?

12. kalvinoz Sep 11, 2017

Bas and Lokes mentioned above does 19mm leather NATOs (with 20mm fittings - apparently odd-numbered buckles, etc are really hard to source). Not sure if "leather" and "quite pricey" fits into your "simple kind" spec.

13. _Agemo Sep 12, 2017

DB1983, Mcurreri and mikechi22 like this.
  14. DIV Sep 12, 2017

Thanks, but I was hoping for ballistic nylon

15. jlskmi Sep 12, 2017

DB1983, frazierspa and mikechi22 like this.
  16. solesman Sep 12, 2017

NATO for the Speedy is grey. It's the light.

17. jlskmi Sep 12, 2017

[​IMG]

Looks Way lighter on both counts unless my monitor is completely off.

McJamesT likes this.
  18. LeonDeBayonne Sep 12, 2017

19. Mach Sep 12, 2017

It's funny you mentioned the bracelet clasp. When Omega originally announced this Trilogy collection, there were no shots of the clasp side of these pieces. It was like Omega knew it was one of the "cons' or "crude" aspects of this otherwise great Trilogy collection.

I've had a deposit on the '57 Trilogy Speedmaster since March 30th. Yet, I don't believe I saw any shots of the clasp until May. And once I did, I thought it looked too bulky. I keep reminding myself that perhaps it will look better in person.

Oh well, I guess that why we have the option to add a great strap. Let the strap collection begin!;)

20. arcadelt Sep 12, 2017

Trouble is that in the early days after the Baselworld announcement, most of the watch media was using Omega supplied imagery. That said, Fratello had these two pictures on 23 Mar 17.

IMG_3552.JPG

IMG_3553.JPG