Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. DIV Sep 9, 2017

By the way, I found this old Omega buckle in my parts box...kind of completes the vintage look on my B&S strap... 20170906_115144.jpg 20170906_094053.jpg

2. Longbow Sep 9, 2017

Whatever the exact figure, it isn't really enough (for me). I find that air travel between cool northern Germany and hot southern Europe (plus low pressure, low humidity aircraft cabins) cause quite a bit of wrist size change..more than the Trilogy clasp can handle.

Do you happen to know how much range there is on the SM300 MC?

3. Longbow Sep 9, 2017

You could also try the buckle from the supplied NATO, it looks to me like it's retained by a spring bar. That old one looks nice though. :thumbsup:

mikechi22 likes this.
  4. DIV Sep 9, 2017

Also, earlier I mentioned my objection to the non-tapered bracelet links, but being ok without since the original was also non-tapered....but now, I'm not sure that's true....if this copy of an old ad in the booklet is accurate...
    20170909_133704.jpg
    ...it WAS tapered!

Baz9614, Pun, mikechi22 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Travelhomedad Sep 9, 2017

Just thought I share, I was at European Jewellery in Toronto and I had asked about the trilogy set. They appear to have one full set available at 27K CAD. For anybody looking.

mikechi22 likes this.
  6. Toishome Sep 9, 2017

They use to have 2 :whistling:

cristos71 likes this.
  7. mikechi22 Sep 9, 2017

That is a real find as the popular wisdom was that they were all sold! Could be a bad portent for the rest of the LE's... Did they have any of the individual pieces available?

8. Travelhomedad Sep 9, 2017

They told me on was spoken for already (Not me)

9. Travelhomedad Sep 9, 2017

I was in Hk two weeks ago and had asked about the trilogy set and 3 boutiques told me they were sold out.

They don't have any individual pieces at Europeans jewellery but I could look around. Will also make a trip to HK again and I can report back.

10. Toishome Sep 9, 2017

Please do let us know if you encounter any in your travels. Desperately seeking Speedmaster.

11. Travelhomedad Sep 9, 2017

Any specific piece or anyone?

12. mikechi22 Sep 9, 2017

I checked at the OB in Kowloon (1 of them...Nathan Road??) back in August and they had no ability to reserve any of the individual pieces. The demand in this thread seems to be exclusively for the '57 LE Speedmaster...I've never seen anyone express interest in the whole set, but you never know!

13. jasonrchua Sep 9, 2017

I was at Hong Kong last week, went to maybe 5 different Omega AD and boutique in Causeway and Kowloon. They told me all individual pieces and trilogy sets are sold out.

14. blokk Sep 10, 2017

There’s always a chance to get into the these when they start delivering. Theres usually people dropping out or pieces available because people making multiple reservations but only intending to buy one.

15. DIV Sep 10, 2017

By the way, there is one Railmaster LE available (LE #0104/3557) at my AD Tourbillon in Seattle.
    Their phone number is: +1 206-442-9300. Speak to Claudia Sanderson, she has been very helpful.
    Tell her Daniel sent you!
    PM me if you'd like her email.

Edited Sep 10, 2017
    fskywalker, solesman and blokk like this.
  16. Mach Sep 10, 2017

Oh, believe me, there is interest in the whole set. But, IMHO, there are two primary obstacles. First, as in my circumstances, there are limited funds! :( Second, I believe many were turned off by the "Trilogy" on the set pieces.

I was originally on the fence deciding between the Seamaster 300 and the Speedmaster. I'm still convinced I made the right choice - the Speedmaster. But, it's not easy seeing all these wrist shots of the Seamaster 300. I just need to start seeing some wrist shots of the Speedmaster to give me some encouragement! :mad:

17. themattedial Sep 10, 2017

I've had the Railmaster for two weeks now, and I didn't last 3 days with the new bracelet...and I think it's on a strap full time now. I love the look of the bracelet, but the clasp is very bulky for anyone used to wearing a vintage 1171/1039/7912/etc.

Other than my one-off? issue with the bracelet, the Railmaster is just fan.tas.tic. I've even had a few folks point it out and ask if it was a vintage piece.

Regarding the LE Speedmasters, I spoke to the OD in NYC this weekend and they were expecting the first batch yesterday or next Friday. Didn't hear back from them in the afternoon, so I'm assuming its next week!

Longbow and GQguy like this.
  18. jim26 Sep 10, 2017

I've been around OF for roughly a year now, but this is my first post! So, g'day all from Melbourne, Australia.
    Just to let all you Australian members out there know that I picked up my LE RM from the OB Collins Street last Friday. So they are arriving. Slowly. They had initially called me the day before to tell me to expect delivery sometime in quarter 4! Imagine my surprise when they called me again the following day to let me know that it had arrived at the OB. This apparently is the first of the LE's to hit anywhere in Australia.
    After having giving it some gentle wear over the w/end & now in the office, it is extremely beautiful and easy to wear. However, there is something about it, that I can't quite put my finger on yet? Perhaps after a long, long wait the thrill has gone now it's on my wrist? Not too sure...? Anyway, I'll leave you all a couple of snaps from the w/end just gone & I'll be sure to let you all know what that something is, when I find it..? rm01.jpg rm04.jpg

Xtof, Kmart, watchme and 7 others like this.
  19. kalvinoz Sep 10, 2017

Exciting news! Hopefully they make it to Sydney soon too. I'm probably last on the list in Martin Place, but eagerly awaiting an RM as well.

I can imagine the slight underwhelment of receiving something that you've been excited about for so long. It should wear off soon and after that you'll just be the proud owner of a beautiful timepiece for many years to come.

20. jim26 Sep 10, 2017

Indeed, fingers crossed for the timely arrival of your RM!

I put my deposit down in early March, so it's been a long wait. Still, I'm glad it's on my wrist now, even if I'm a little underwhelmed at the moment. I'll have a play with the leather & NATO straps tonight and see if that heightens my emotions? On that subject, the leather strap is of such great quality & the NATO is rather good too - and they both come with Omega signed buckles. Which is a nice touch. In fact the whole package from the box to the vintage inspired print in the LE booklet is just sublime! Perfectly executed.

LeonDeBayonne, Longbow and Pun like this.