Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. Mach Sep 13, 2017

I remember those photos. I have that Fratello page bookmarked on my pc. In these photos, the clasp looks very elegant. But, in my cynical mind, I was looking for a side profile photo to satisfy my curiosity.

Longbow posted some great shots on June 30th, which included this one:

Trilogy Clasp.jpg

The clasp is more than twice as thick as the bracelet. It just looks too bulky IMHO. It would probably work if Omega "modernized" this collection and made them 42 - 44mm in size. Thankfully, for the sake of my scrawny wrists, Omega resisted the temptation. But, once again, I'm hoping it's not as bad in person.

Edited Sep 13, 2017
  2. Mcurreri Sep 13, 2017

3. mikechi22 Sep 13, 2017

4. djmusicman Sep 13, 2017

5. TMas Sep 13, 2017

He takes it out of the EU, gets his taxes back at the border and ships to the buyer.

McJamesT and djmusicman like this.
  6. Mtnmansa Sep 13, 2017

Congrats ! First thing I did when they opened the box, was put on a Barenia NATO, and now a suede tan two-piece from B and R.

IMG_5773.JPG IMG_5775.JPG
    gippo, adam78, Pun and 2 others like this.
  7. DIV Sep 13, 2017

I love this versatility of the Railmaster LE. I can't go more than a few days without changing out the strap/bracelet. I for one, LOVE the bracelet. It really changes the look of the watch. A strap (especially the leather) emphasizes the shape of the case and lugs. The steel bracelet does the opposite and presents the watch as a continuity of bracelet to endpieces to lugs, case, bezel, inner bezel etc. And in my opinion, the clasp is not that bulky. Considering the weight and nearly 13mm thickness of the case, the robust clasp balances it nicely. And after having a Seamaster 300 (2254.50) for a few years, I am VERY surprised (at the risk of jinxing it now) that the clasp is not a real scratch magnet as the clasp of my Seamaster was. Maybe they're using a tougher steel alloy? My only complaint (again) is the lack of taper on the bracelet, especially since the original one it's based on WAS slightly tapered (see my previous post on page 93). I think that adds to the bulk that some have complained of.
    But for me, the convenience of the PUSH micro-adjust makes up for it in spades and I am officially not complaining!

8. DIV Sep 13, 2017

I also LOVE the 38mm case size which I think is PERFECT (at least for my wrist). What frustrated me about the previous AT version of the Railmaster is that there were too many size choices. 36, 39, 42 or 49? I found the 36 just a bit too small and the 39 (I tried it twice) just a bit too large. The size and proportions of the LE version is perfect...one and done!

9. LeonDeBayonne Sep 14, 2017

I agree with you. The anniversary RM is a very nice surprise. When I first saw the trilogy, I immediately went for the speedmaster. Then I saw the seamaster and found it fantastic as well. So with these 2, I thought the RM was a kind of repetitive. I was actually wrong. I tried it on twice since then and find it amazing. Sporty with a nato or, even better, a perlon. Classic with a 2-piece black leather or camel strap. Elegant and simple. I am going to pick up mine on Friday...

frazierspa, Pun and mikechi22 like this.
  10. Lifeofmrriley Sep 14, 2017

Picked up my seamaster today i was nervous as its my first expensive watch. It definitely looks better in the flesh. Number 377.[​IMG][​IMG]

11. Mcurreri Sep 14, 2017

frazierspa likes this.
  12. mikechi22 Sep 14, 2017

Congratulations! Wear in it peace and happiness! Where are you located, BTW?

13. jim26 Sep 14, 2017

I have now owned the anniversary RM for a week & it has spent the entire week on my wrist, which is a very good thing!
    My initial thoughts on this watch were that it was not up to scratch, that there was something I couldn’t put my finger on. Well I have found that something and it’s got nothing to do with the RM – more of which later.
    Simply put, Omega have made a stellar time piece. It’s size, it’s weight, the fact that it has many personalities in different lighting, it really is a beautiful watch. I have read many things about this watch, but none seem to touch on just how perfect the crown & lugs are, let alone the domed sapphire crystal – now that is something stunning!
    Whilst the bracelet is comfortable and looks great – I have no problems with the clasp being too obtrusive, the watch really comes to life on a vintage leather strap or the supplied NATO. Changing the straps over is simple and fun, with some watches it can be a fiddly experience, but Omega have made this a simple task, so it makes strap changes a doddle!
    Overall a great watch, but I do have a couple of minor negatives. The first being that the rotor is rather loud on calibre 8806, as this is my first Omega, I’m not too sure whether this is a common trait? Or it’s just this movement? For example on my Blancpain Bathyscaphe, I hear no rotor noise & the same with my Sea Dweller & a few other pieces. My second negative is that the crown is rather loose. I know this is not a screw down crown, but for example on my JLC TT Geophysic 1958 which again is not a screw down crown, there is no movement at all. As I stated they are only minor negatives which don’t take away my enjoyment of this watch!!!!
    Finally, why has it taken me so long to warm to the RM? The long wait for one, but the main reason is my daily wearer the JLC TT Geophysic 1958. In my eyes these watches are aesthetically similar. The Geophysic 1958 has spent over a year on my wrist on weekdays & the RM is now vying with it for daily wrist time – something I can wear with a suit or with jeans, t-shirt and sneakers. I don’t know if there’s room for both in my collection? It’s something that I will have to sort out.
    Anyone that picks up one of these RM’s is going to be very, very happy indeed. It is fantastic!
    A suite of photo's..
    On Bas & Lokes leather NATO
    l.jpg llll.jpg

Omega Strap Wrist Shots:
    ll.jpg lllllllll.jpg

The Domed Sapphire:
    lllllll.jpg

The Etched Omega Symbol:

llllllll.jpg

JLC TT Geophysic 1958 v RM!!!!

llllllllll.jpg

Straps Off:

llllll.jpg

Bushido, Tritium, Longbow and 7 others like this.
  14. owlan Sep 14, 2017

What is your wrist size if you don’t mind me asking?

15. jim26 Sep 14, 2017

Not at all.. Approx' 6.8 inches..

16. Pun Sep 14, 2017

Our position is similar. I too have a Geophysic 1958 and aspiring to own this Railmaster as well. But I've Explorer 1 also in my collection. That may club all three vying for same place! When I bought Geophysic last year it was referred to as gentleman's Explorer. Then there is this watch. A simple beauty in a way. I'm confused what to do now....

17. jim26 Sep 14, 2017

Likewise, I am very confused!
    Both are amazing watches, with the RM being a little warmer due to the darker dial. They are also both very versatile, but the RM has the option of the bracelet too, which I like. I will be spending time with each and I will then make a definitive decision on which one stays and which one (sigh) goes..
    I also owned an Explorer 1, but didn't find it nearly as nice as the Geophysic, so I sold it. This RM is a very solid watch & is a joy to own.

Longbow and mikechi22 like this.
  18. Lifeofmrriley Sep 14, 2017

@mikechi22 hi pal im based at cambridge uk and got the watch from milton keynes.

mikechi22 likes this.
  19. mikechi22 Sep 15, 2017

So cool! Just trying to keep track of where these beauties are dropping!

frazierspa likes this.
  20. solesman Sep 15, 2017

On a grey seatbelt NATO from cincystrapworks. Sadly only available in 20mm but I think it looks ok.

IMG_6806.JPG

Miklange, Longbow, sensui and 3 others like this.