Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. Spy You know my name. Mar 22, 2017

Part of me has the money, most of me does not.

thogi, levkov, Pibbow and 12 others like this.
  2. Kazyole Mar 22, 2017

Yep. Just thinking about it in terms of a modern diver. I'd love to own this watch but because of the countdown bezel it'd be fairly useless as a backup to my dive computer, so it becomes hard to justify over the speedy. I do really like how faithful they've been to the originals, but I think the countdown bezel takes slightly too far for my taste. If I'm buying a dive watch I'm taking it diving, and this one is less functional than my SRP777.

TBH I'm kind of glad of it. Makes the decision at lot easier and prevents me from entertaining the notion of buying two of these. Speedy here I come!

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. Meme-Dweller Mar 22, 2017

Them feels ;___;

4. hkrauss Mar 22, 2017

Speedytuesday still beats everything I've seen from Omega at Basel so far.

5. DIV Mar 22, 2017

WOW...I just realized (dah!), that even the Omega symbol is vintage-style. I'm curious about how they did the bracelet clasp.

Dr No and Spy like this.
  6. M'Bob Mar 22, 2017

From the pictures, it does kind of look like it has more bevel than the other two. Would they do a whole new case for this, when they have the FOIS case handy? Me thinks not. And agreed: too much bevel.

7. corn18 Mar 22, 2017

Me too. Just adding a trilogy to it. Best of both worlds.

Spy, Don Bocadillo, drhex and 2 others like this.
  8. abrod520 Mar 22, 2017

I dunno, they made a point of saying it was electronically scanned etc to be as close to the original as possible, so I'm hopeful it'll be less beveled than the FOIS. However, in the photos it looks like the Christies 2915-1, which had a much more aggressive bevel than other 2915s seen for sale

gemini4 likes this.
  9. ctime3 Mar 22, 2017

instead of don't say (do not) thank you

Spy likes this.
  10. demchocholips Mar 22, 2017

I noticed that the Speedy 60th case size of 38.6mm is different from the FOIS' 39.7mm. Wow, if this case is specific only to the 60th, Omega really did pull out all the stops on this LE.

11. Apollo13 Mar 22, 2017

They are also doing a yellow gold version of the apollo xvii limited to 72 pieces, it's boutique only.

watchme likes this.
  12. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Mar 22, 2017

I have never purchased a watch new from a boutique, AD, etc. Ever. And I called the boutique in Chicago 30 minutes before it even opened to frantically throw my wallet at them. Can't remember ever being this excited for a new watch to arrive. I had completely written off ever owning a 2915, and have found other re-editions (the FOIS, 2998, '57 Broad Arrow - kinda), to be interesting from a nostalgia perspective but unsatisfying to own since they're still noticeably different from the vintage models. It's clear from these photos that every single detail from the original was considered and faithfully recreated here, down to the dimensions, bracelet finish/appearance, dial and sub-dial text, the crown, etc. Even a (tastefully) tropical effect added to the dial! In a weird way, this completes my journey, as I'll no longer feel the need to hunt for the earliest Speedy I can find.

Also, I CAN ACTUALLY WEAR IT!

JohnSteed, thogi, Dr No and 16 others like this.
  13. M'Bob Mar 22, 2017

I think you have a lot of company.

thogi and Lonestar like this.
  14. Apollo13 Mar 22, 2017

I just need to see them in real. I think the faux patina is a bit of an insult to all those that worked hard to get their patinas on their vintage watches. Let's see, if it looks tropical in a modern way and less a replica patina, I'll be more inclined to pull the trigger

15. rominvicta Mar 22, 2017

Where from may I get more info on apollo XVII?

16. munichblue Mar 22, 2017

Already placed an order for this beautiful RM LE at my local OB. Will be an expensive summer, first RM in May, then #ST in June/July. But it's worth any penny! I'm over the moon. :D

Longbow and watchme like this.
  17. sgtpry Mar 22, 2017

Great release by Omega

Edited May 27, 2017
    davten likes this.
  18. TMas Mar 22, 2017

I hope these have adjustable clasps. Putting my money on yes. Predictions?

19. repoman Mar 22, 2017

If I have it straight we've got several new Speedy's

1. 60th Anniversary LE; I love the flat bracelet, love the old school applied logo and DoN base1000 tachy, love the straight lugs, don't like the broad arrow and fake patina (this is why I like the 2998's more than the 2915's, I'm just not a broad arrow kind of guy).
    2. We've got a whole bunch of new racing dial master co-axials. The sedna gold w/ blue dial is a big disappointment to me, mainly because I had it in my head that it would be completely different than this, so just mis-matched expectations; I was hoping for a yellow gold with stunning blue dial. Of this batch of racing dials, I like the one with the orange hour/minutes hands the best.
    3. The Apollo XVII LE. I wanted so bad for this one to be a grand slam... but it just doesn't resonate with me based on the video preview. Hopefully, its better in the metal.

We've got one more yet to be revealed I think, according to Watchbase, fingers crossed.

As much as I don't like broad arrows and fake patina, I think I've got to give it to the 60th anniversary LE.

Edited Mar 22, 2017
  20. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Mar 22, 2017

Haha, also doing the same routine! I'm guessing more than a few members here will be peppering the FS section in the coming weeks.

DIV and sgtpry like this.