Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. RJwatches Jun 12, 2017

I have been put on the list, but they have no clue how many they will receive, so 50/50 I guess.

2. Pun Jun 12, 2017

Sure sir. It'll be my pleasure.

McJamesT, RJwatches and SouthernScot like this.
  3. gbh76 Jun 13, 2017

My AD gave me a courtesy call today to update me. They have been told that production has been delayed, but are expecting the watches in July/Aug awaiting final invoice and confirmation from Omega. Their allocation is likely to be less than they applied for and they don't expect to get a trilogy set. They have had lots of enquirers from around the country looking for Speedmaster in particular but not even taking names now.

SouthernScot and frazierspa like this.
  4. PHPHD Jun 13, 2017

From New York:
    -----
    We look to reach out with a courtesy update regarding delivery of the 60th Anniversary pieces. Following a conversation with Headquarters in Switzerland, we have been advised that the first pieces are expected to leave the factory in late June to early July.

We are diligently following up with corporate and will contact you as soon as your piece is received!
    -----

sensui, frazierspa and McJamesT like this.
  5. frazierspa Jun 13, 2017

The excitement is building! :D Hey, has anyone started to purchase leather straps for their new 60th '57's? Would love to see 'em!
    Scott

6. Kazyole Jun 13, 2017

Thanks for this! Was about to reach out today to see if I could get an update.

Was this from an AD or the Omega Boutique?

7. Cad290 Jun 13, 2017

Omega boutique sent this out

Kazyole likes this.
  8. SouthernScot Jun 15, 2017

This bears out pretty much my comments on @frazierspa 'OFFICIAL' thread. I won't believe I actually have the 60th Speedy until it is in my hot little hands, or should that be on my wrist!

frazierspa likes this.
  9. frazierspa Jun 15, 2017

Ha! I feel the same way, SScot. I've-got-to-have-it!

SouthernScot likes this.
  10. DIV Jun 15, 2017

I LOVE the vintage-style leather straps I've gotten from Bulang & Sons and am tempted to start shopping, but I want to wait until I receive my Railmaster to see what shade of brown the included leather strap will be before I place my B&S order.

And yes, the last I checked with my OB (Omega Boutique), it looks like it'll be closer to July for delivery date....too bad I couldn't wait until then to pay in full!::rant:

Edited Jun 15, 2017
    frazierspa likes this.
  11. frazierspa Jun 15, 2017

Thanks DIV! I'll take another look at the Bulang straps. As to the color of the leather strap that comes with the 60th '57 Railmaster, according to this marketing piece it's black.
    St
    e22878337a11a888b3a81fe969cc6284.jpg

12. Sturms Jun 15, 2017

I think we may be waiting for the same watch from the same AD, although I'm in Kent so I'm sure there's no competition and like you they keep assuring me we both have our allocation. But if I have to wait much longer I may explode, until it's on my wrist I won't sleep easy. Hopefully we hear something soon!

SouthernScot likes this.
  13. solesman Jun 16, 2017

Guys. What is the lug width on these 57 LE's?

14. arcadelt Jun 16, 2017

19mm

15. SouthernScot Jun 16, 2017

Hi, I'm guessing your AD is in Tunbridge Wells then. I ordered mine back in March when they had an allocation of four of each model and one trilogy, that was reduced to two of each and no trilogy, only one of each for each shop. The Winchester shop salesman told me they could have sold many more as they had started a list of people wanting them, especially the Speedmaster, I imagine you must have got in early as well!
    They have been very helpful in trying to get a delivery date but their last estimate was late June early July, personally, the feeling I get is that late July/August is more likely.
    Welcome to the forum by the way, you will enjoy it here, although from your post I would guess that like me you have been 'lurking' around for a while before joining!

16. Sturms Jun 16, 2017

Indeed it is, yes I was luckily the first person to go into the T Wells store and order and they said the same thing that they had just sold one in Winchester but they had ordered 4 and a trilogy so it wouldn't be a problem. Then I had the nervous phone call that their allocation had be cut but they said the two they've sold are definitely coming. I also went to the Tudor evening they held, which was very interesting and enjoyable. My salesman was as nearly as excited as I am about the watch arriving and everyone that worked their re confirmed how lucky I/we are that we moved so fast and that they could have sold many more Speedmasters.
    I've also been told that it is looking like a July delivery but I wouldn't be surprised either if it was August.
    Thank you for the welcome, I thought it was about time to emerge from the shadows of 'lurking'. I also couldn't contain my excitement much longer.

Stencil and SouthernScot like this.
  17. Sturms Jun 16, 2017

I would also like the add they have been very helpful as well and always polite and accepting of my constant badgering of when it might arrive.

SouthernScot likes this.
  18. djmusicman Jun 19, 2017

I was told at the OB in France that these will be available in September the trilogy box set is already sold out.....

Does anyone know if the if any OB in the UK are still taking reservations, for the box or for individual watches?

:)

19. McJamesT Jun 19, 2017

Stopped by my OB this weekend as I was in the area. The woman i've been dealing with said they're getting people coming in offering over list to get the Speedy and they seem to be getting more interest in the trilogy (despite having none to offer) as the release window draws near. Omega seems to know how to build interest, i'll give them that

frazierspa likes this.
  20. djmusicman Jun 19, 2017

I have to admit the speedy 60th has real investment potential, 3557 watches is low for a company of Omegas size. I really like the Seamaster 300 too!

drhex likes this.