Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. blokk Apr 11, 2017

8400 seems to have a longer power reserve. But not by much.

2. bnabod Apr 12, 2017

Remind me when did Omega say the speedy 60th LE would be ready for our consumption?
    The AD I put some coins down for 1 said they had no idea when it shall become available.

3. Meme-Dweller Apr 12, 2017

Supposedly June, but Omega deliveries have been slow in the past few years. Hopefully, they deliver on time this year considering they have 100% of our money this time around.

4. bnabod Apr 12, 2017

Thanks for the info.
    hope it happens that way but June seems optimistic. We shall see

5. McJamesT Apr 13, 2017

The OB told me June as well. From what i've been reading here, that seems.... optimistic. Would love for it to be true though!

6. rominvicta Apr 13, 2017

EM parts so the modded watch is indistinguishable from the original, making them very hard to authenticate unless you know how to do that. While I appreciate that makes the hunt for one so much more exciting, I could do without that excitement when thousands of dollars are changing hands.

While it is more difficult to fake the 35th Anniversary model due to the special case back, markings and documentation, this allows me to mention the lesser but more annoying issue (in my opinion) about these modded watches. I do not buy my watches so that I can attract any special attention, either on the forums or in real life (very difficult anyway given where I live), but it bothers me that those who mod these watches come onto forums showing off there new creations and strutting around like peacocks getting complements and likes, admittedly mostly by the newby fan boys. Most forums don't allow the discussions of replica or fakes, but in this case we not only allow it, but it is encouraged by the praise of other members.

Let's not kid ourselves about this, these modified watches are fakes. If you put the special hands and dial of a Mitsukoshi on an everyday Speedmaster Professional, Reference 3570.50, you have created a fake Mitsukoshi, not a Reference 3570.31. Go and frequent any of the vintage forums and watch the discussions over minute details of authenticity, provenance and value when the watch has had a redial, was over polished or had an incorrect crown fitted. Then project your mind forward another thirty years and consider how that discussion will go over one of these modded watches. I wonder how much value has been lost in the past by collectors buying faked watches when the parts were obviously not made in the same factory as the original watch - I wonder how much more value will lost when the parts were.

True collectors understand that provenance is everything.[/QUOTE]
    June, July it is all the same. Sooner or later they will arrive. Hopefully mine will be with the same number!

7. blokk Apr 13, 2017

Anyone ever got their requested LE number when preordering?

8. imagwai Apr 13, 2017

I'm not sure I would term them fakes. Franken watches perhaps, but you can't label them as "fake" if they are using genuine parts. And whilst I agree that a modified watch makes the watch less desirable to buy (collectors appreciate originality), I can't see the problem or get bothered about people who do this with their own watches for themselves.

I was told late May originally by my UK OB. But I haven't checked recently.

9. sensui Apr 13, 2017

I always have from the boutique... At least one of them.

10. rominvicta Apr 13, 2017

In many cases also did get what i asked for.

11. Meanjohnbrown Apr 13, 2017

IMG_5252.JPG After 5 years saving and my dead aunt leaving me a bit of money (god bless her) I rung the london omega OB bleary eyed on the morning of the Basel reveal - "I want that trilogy".

Anyway post dialgate I have strayed from the 57 and decided to punt for a heuer 2446c GMT and waiting for a non trilogy sm300 and speedmaster. Basically the UK OB non comittal on deposits means u end up straying. Don't know but hope I am doing the right thing....... IMG_5253.JPG IMG_5252.JPG

Albe100 and imagwai like this.
  12. Albe100 Apr 14, 2017

It's beautiful! And the non set have the clean and not numbered dial. IMO, you might enjoying wearing them more

13. McJamesT Apr 14, 2017

That is a lovely Heuer. Wear it in good health! I agree with Albe100, without the numbering on the dial, you may wind up preferring it.

14. Monkey Nutter Apr 15, 2017

Just a question about pricing for the trilogy editions.
    (apologies if this has already been covered - I admit I haven't read through all 47 previous pages on this thread)

OK, so I cant see any confirmed prices on the official UK Omega website. I can only find prices referenced in Swiss Francs (CHF) on other watch forums.

So based purely on this info, the Seamaster in isolation for example is quoted as 6500CHF

Using XE.Com currency website this converts to approx. £5167GBP (prices correct 15th April 2017)

The current Omega Seamaster 1957 homage ref: 233.30.41.21.01.001 retails in the UK for £4400

My question is where's the £767 difference?

As far as I can see the trilogy edition hasn't even got a sandwich dial - just printed!

I think l will just keep and enjoy my 233.30.41.21.01.001 thanks...

IMG_20170223_055046.jpg

15. blokk Apr 19, 2017

Hi. Did those who ordered in the U.K. got asked for a deposit.

Update: never mind. Seem like most didn't have to pay upfront to be in a queue.

16. frazierspa Apr 19, 2017

I placed an order through the local (Tyson's Corner, VA) OB and they required a 'full' deposit.

17. imagwai Apr 19, 2017

But UK OBs are not asking for money down.

frazierspa likes this.
  18. FlyingTiger Apr 20, 2017

Interesting :

Regards,
    Alexander

Pun, jv91, TMas and 1 other person like this.
  19. McJamesT Apr 20, 2017

My OB Took 30%. Oddly, when I went in the day before, they only wanted 20%. I think it may be almost totally random

20. rominvicta Apr 20, 2017

I got away with roughly 20%. So, yes i also believe that it is a random decision most likely based on relationship with a customer or on the need of turnover cash.

McJamesT likes this.