Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. pcdubc Apr 4, 2017

Ah. Sorry for the failed research on my part. Was it on another OF thread?

2. TMas Apr 4, 2017

I know this is a bit against the grain from the opinions I've heard here, but I like the Trilogy print with serial number. It is unique and special, and in my mind makes an LE even more limited. Reminds me of the word "Meister" written on the dial of some rare vintage examples. I'm a fan.

micampe likes this.
  3. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 4, 2017

W
    Why is this do you know? The size is right at 19mm and I can't imagine the case curvature to be any different. Regarding selling separately there is no reason why I can see that they wouldn't sell it through a boutique or deaker like any other available replacement part. I would suggest yes and yes personally.

4. M'Bob Apr 4, 2017

I don't love it, but I appreciate your point of view. I think it would be only half as bad if it weren't written in an arc - it just disturbs the line of the other text.

Edited Apr 4, 2017
    Traveler, TMas and sensui like this.
  5. sensui Apr 4, 2017

And as you saw from the previous poster, some people don't mind having the text and prefer it. I am not against having it for these guys....what I'm really after is being given an option that's easy for Omega also (AKA not making custom watches for the same edition) so everyone gets what they want.

I'm not putting myself through any stress actually, I have a great local watchmaker that I have a great relationship with and the expenses would be minimal to do the dial swap when it's available to the service market. Just trying to see if Omega could listen to some sense but if not, I'm not really going to lose sleep over it. But I wouldn't give up without trying first.

zinzan8 likes this.
  6. speedolex Apr 4, 2017

I'll look for the quote, might have been on a blog or in a forum, but I recall it saying that Omega had no plans to sell the bracelets individually and that the curvature of the case that was tooled specifically for the 60th Speedmaster was different than other cases and they would be incompatible.

Don't take that as gospel.....just reporting what I read.

7. arcadelt Apr 4, 2017

Just as important as the lug width and case diameter is the location of the springbar holes - you need all three to get a bracelet to fit, and the latter is the most difficult to determine just from reading specifications.

padders likes this.
  8. zinzan8 Apr 4, 2017

Good point. Would be interesting to hear "official word" on the fit--unclear whether or not "no and no" was official, since we don't know the source.

My source at a Boutique said "will probably fit" the Ck2998 and FOIS, and we'll be able to get you one. But that is also unofficial, and he made the disclaimer "we really won't know until they start shipping the watches and put the bracelets into inventory".

Seems like the fit should be easier to answer than it is. If I had thought about it, I would have asked Rob at Topper or Dan at Timeless Luxury to see if they could find out while they were in Basel. Too late now, but wonder if they asked on their own...

9. bnabod Apr 4, 2017

I am actually of your opinion I do like it a lot

10. speedolex Apr 4, 2017

Right information, wrong watch. What I read was in this Q&A blog post and it refers to the bracelet fitting on the 20mm standard Speedmaster, not the FOIS so you still have hope:

https://www.fratellowatches.com/omega-speedmaster-60th-anniversary-limited-edition/

Apologies. Though I did read somewhere about the curvature. I'll keep looking for that one.

padders likes this.
  11. Mach Apr 4, 2017

Thank You! You are the man! Keep these coming . . .

speedolex likes this.
  12. sensui Apr 4, 2017

frazierspa and Mach like this.
  13. Kazyole Apr 4, 2017

Wow. They look phenomenal. I wonder how big that guy's wrists are. The proportioning looks bang on, and those bracelets are incredible looking. I was concerned at first that the speedy had too many polished surfaces, but the combination of the brushed center links and the tachy scale seem to bring the whole thing together really nicely.

Only problem is now I really want the SM300 in addition to the speedy I've already ordered. Every time I see live photos of these I'm just blown away. Not making the wait any easier...

Mach likes this.
  14. Mach Apr 4, 2017

15. niko4891 Apr 4, 2017

That's an amazing re-issue!

speedolex likes this.
  16. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 5, 2017

This is a very good point which I overlooked but it would be bloody minded of them in the extreme to have created a bracelet which was deliberately so different in bar position as to not fit other 19mm Speedmaster models which are so similar in other ways. My gut feeling is that the case for the new Speedmaster is identical to that used on the FOIS and CK2998 except for the brushed one piece bezel rather than the slightly larger inlaid version on used on the FOIS and CK2998. The lug profile of the new model reinforces this belief. If I am wrong on this then all bets are off but if I am not then the new bracelet should fit all 3.

DrFirlefanz and imagwai like this.
  17. M'Bob Apr 5, 2017

Deliberately would imply nefarious intent, a want on the company's part to intentionally confound owners who wanted to swap parts. If it turns out the lug holes are differently place, I would be confident it was subservient to the needs of the design.

padders likes this.
  18. speedolex Apr 5, 2017

There needs to be a reality check here as well. Swatch Group is an $8.5 billion dollar company, Omega is one of their many brands who make scores of watches, and to think that beyond creating limited editions to appease collectors and bring in high dollar sales they would also have a responsibility to assure compatibility among one-off limited accessories is a bit of a stretch.

We should be grateful they do what they do, they're quite good to us already.

19. speedolex Apr 5, 2017

It was on another forum I believe, someone who had hands-on experience at the show and owned a FOIS and felt it wouldn't work but I can't find it despite trying.

To me, the bracelet is one of the major points of difference between the Trilogy and the other LE's that Omega has made over the years, it's what justifies the premium price, I'd be unhappy if that exclusive bracelet started showing up on the wrist of every Speedmaster owner out there. I get why they want it. That's why I want it. That's why they should buy one of the 57 LE's like I did.

20. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 5, 2017

So are you saying you hope the bracelet doesn't fit other models so yours remains exclusive? Interesting. Are you trying to irritate people in every thread you are currently involved in?

08M6 likes this.