Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. speedolex Apr 3, 2017

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gratuitous wrist shots of 60th Anniversary Speedmaster. Can't wait to get mine in a couple of short months.

Cad290, Travelller, benc1855 and 10 others like this.
  2. arcadelt Apr 3, 2017

Man it looks small. I hope I like it in the flesh.

3. niko4891 Apr 3, 2017

4. niko4891 Apr 3, 2017

Those are some stunning wrist shots!

5. speedolex Apr 3, 2017

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First ones I've found online. Some great shots of the '57 on the counter, in the hand, but very few on the wrist.

The bracelet looks amazing, quickly becoming my favorite part of the overall nostalgic vibe.

DIV, Travelller, Mach and 5 others like this.
  6. niko4891 Apr 3, 2017

Yes, these are the first ones I get to see on the wrist. The bracelet is looking great on the wrist. Amazing!

speedolex likes this.
  7. rominvicta Apr 4, 2017

@sensui i admire both eagerness and dedication of yours. Why do you think it is easier to make Omega change the dial of the trilogy set or make options for it rather than making them pick up one and the same number from each of 3557 pcs? The second request should be of no obstacle to them. I already asked my AD for that and got confirmed. Of course i have my doubts whether at the end it will work so will eagerly await to have it seen.

8. sensui Apr 4, 2017

I've ordered limited editions from boutiques in the past and have always gotten one of my picked numbers. I talked to the boutique rep/manager and they agreed with how hot the trilogy is and that the number allocations happening worldwide... The chances of getting three of the same number would be low. And I wouldn't know until near pick up time. IMO if I weren't after a matched set of these, I would just order the speedy and pick up the rail/seamaster at a discount after release... I think the chances of that happening is high.

I'm glad your ad can /think they can secure the numbers for you, I wish you good luck but let's just say my profile changed from trilogy set (eager excitement), to ordering them individually (finding out the dial inscription), and now back to trilogy set (figure I can swap dials anyway but better to have matching set) within two days after Basel. I've been in close touch with my local boutique over this. They are stunning watches and I would love to collect them "right."

9. rominvicta Apr 4, 2017

As a matter of fact i hope Omega does "listen" to OF and would be able to make a change to the dial of the trilogy set. If initially the inscription was not there i would have immediately ordered the set. But when i saw it i decided to go to separate pieces and try to secure repeting number for all the three. I hope they also make that easy for OB and ADs of theirs.

sensui likes this.
  10. brownwld Apr 4, 2017

It looks that thanks to a friend I will be able to get a speedy as well :)

niko4891 likes this.
  11. niko4891 Apr 4, 2017

Congrats, buddy!

12. arcadelt Apr 4, 2017

Oh well, sorry about that but I cannot see your location in your profile, so just assumed. Price is similar in Australia too, so there is a wide variation across different markets. Only Omega would be able to explain why.

niko4891 likes this.
  13. niko4891 Apr 4, 2017

It's alright, mate!

Yes, I do hope Omega would give some kind of an explanation as to why prices differ across different countries.

14. M'Bob Apr 4, 2017

That's what she said...

Cad290, munichblue, sensui and 3 others like this.
  15. zinzan8 Apr 4, 2017

Man, seems like your putting yourself through a lot of stress and additional expense in the hopes of getting matching printed numbers that you won't even keep on your watches.

I would think Omega would only consider a change if no one wanted the trilogy printed on the dial and they thought they would have trouble selling them as is. It doesn't sound like they are worried about the demand.

Edited Apr 4, 2017
    FlyingTiger and sensui like this.
  16. Mr Gadget Apr 4, 2017

50% deposit required for both the trilogy set and speedmaster which I have ordered.......ouch

FlyingTiger likes this.
  17. speedolex Apr 4, 2017

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's not just the width, CK2915 reissues tend to look small because of the steel bezel, there is less black so it can make the dial look small.

My re-issue from the late 90's is above, there's a lot of steel to the eye from the case and the bezel which de-emphasizes the dial. I happen to think its one of the best features, its why I view this watch (and the 60th) as a cool changeup to my standard moonwatch, but I can see where those who are used to today's oversized watches could be put off.

niko4891 and arcadelt like this.
  18. pcdubc Apr 4, 2017

Any news that whether these sweet bracelet will be sold separately? And would they fit FOIS/CK2998?

19. speedolex Apr 4, 2017

From what I have read online, no and no.

20. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Apr 4, 2017

Dammit dammit dammit guys! You should stop doing this please...some of us REALLY have a hard time dealing with patience...and would like to sleep between now and that glorious day when we can look at the PHat smiles on our faces reflected off that beautifully mirrored case-back...

:D

speedolex likes this.