Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Apr 1, 2017

Visit my OB yesterday. We where talking about the Trilogy , she mentioned that they will get only 2 sets. All sold.
    And she stated my ordered Seamster will be mine.... not so soon, as usual

Edited Apr 2, 2017
  2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Apr 2, 2017

Please don't taunt the gods like this ...

(In the cosmic calendar the data-collection-age has been around for relatively less time than it takes a single fart to escape modern homosapien in his lifetime... but the gods, are ever present, ever omnipotent, ever waiting to be taunted...)

Edited Apr 2, 2017
  3. nixf6 Apr 3, 2017

I just paid my 20% deposit to my local OB for the Trilogy set.I'm locked in and waiting for delivery.The funny thing was that the OB gave me the option of having the watches delivered by courier to my doorstep for $25.00 . No thanks ,I will pick them up personally .

4. blokk Apr 3, 2017

Anyone reserved one with UK OBs? Did there require any deposit?

5. SouthernScot Apr 3, 2017

Don't know about the OB's but my local AD did not require a deposit for my reservation.

6. arcadelt Apr 3, 2017

Did a ring around various OBs and ADs in Sydney and Melbourne today to try and understand the lay of the land in Australia. In summary, all allocations are with OBs at the moment - all Speedmasters have been allocated to VIPs, but there is still availability of Seamasters, Railmasters and Trilogy Box Sets. Deposit was a reasonable 20%. Waiting lists are managed by each Boutique, so some have long waiting lists and others are much smaller.

Most of the staff I spoke to at Sydney ADs didn't really have a clue, but one very prominent one in Melbourne believed they would get 5 Speedmasters and were taking AU$1000 to reserve a place on their waiting list. Interestingly, they have asked for 25 and think they will get an increase based in the fact that they got a large number of Silver Snoopys when they were allocated.

7. niko4891 Apr 3, 2017

Hi Mark!

Is the $7,250 before or after tax?

Thanks.

Niko

8. Mach Apr 3, 2017

That is before taxes. I don't know how 6,700 CHF converts to $7,250??? Omega is using math I never learned!

Mark

Blacklidge likes this.
  9. corn18 Apr 3, 2017

My OB in Troy, MI has a Trilogy set and some LE's available.

10. sensui Apr 3, 2017

Guys/Omega Enthusiasts:

As we all know now as Basel has come to a close, these watches are an absolute hit for a lot of people (myself included). Some of us have ordered the trilogy set but have a real issue with the trilogy # inscription on the dial (not news). For me personally, I know it's not an issue since eventually when the dials are available on the service market a year after release, I can always swap all of the 3 dials to have them clean like the regular limited editions....but that is really beyond the point. We all know this was an oversight @ best and in reality a big mistake on Omega's part and it needs to be rectified.

I have reached out to Omega myself (just took 15 minutes to draft an email) and voiced my complaint with my local boutique managers whom I have great relations with. And they have respectively wrote in emails to Omega also going up the proper channels to see what can be done about this. Some ideas kicked around are obviously engraving the numbers elsewhere (side or back of case), using a smaller inscription on the dial with black matching enamel so it's super difficult to see unless you look for it (think maybe something like the zr02 on the dark side of the moon), or even my suggestion....paying a bit extra to install the regular limited edition clean dials and keeping the trilogy dials enclosed separately upon delivery. This is definitely something they need to look at especially since no one outside of people following Basel coverage/watch blogs could know as Omega's own promotional material/webpage makes no mention or pictures of these inscriptions.

I urge others to do the same with their local boutiques so this issue is heard and hopefully something is done about it prior to delivery. There is precedent for this as we saw with the Tresor release that had the limited # inscription removed from the dial as well. Thanks in advance guys for the effort and I truly hope Omega recognizes this situation.

Edited Apr 3, 2017
    Kazyole, PhilN, adi4 and 2 others like this.
  11. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Apr 3, 2017

Well done. I think this is great idea, and hope the dials are not already printed. I guess if Omega heard enough negative response, and the watches are not yet assembled, they could substitute LE dials for the Trilogy dials. That would really make the set much more attractive (to me; I can't speak for others)

12. rominvicta Apr 3, 2017

You may get trilogy in a separate way with numbers in repetition.

13. FlyingTiger Apr 3, 2017

I assume that might not help a lot.
    Some collectors (mostly from ASIA) want those editions WITH having the numbers on the dial.
    It would be more harm for Omega to remove those numbers than having it sold as shown in Baselworld or on the pics.

If you don't like it, than don't buy it or wait for the 70th anniversary collection :p

Regards,
    Alexander

14. M'Bob Apr 3, 2017

Regardless of outcome, your effort is to be commended.

Cad290, PhilN, sensui and 1 other person like this.
  15. shutterlife Apr 3, 2017

I believe you're mistaken about Omega material not indication "trilogy" on the dial. It clearly states it in the catalogue I received from my OB

IMG_4554.PNG
    Travelller likes this.
  16. sensui Apr 3, 2017

I'm sure there are individuals that want the inscription... Hence you see me offering Omega options for those that don't want it (from the boutiques around here, it is almost unanimous to all that's ordered from the feedbacks the managers told me about).

To me I wanted all three and the exclusivity of three matching numbers (hopefully sentimental getting one of the ones I picked). I had low to no chance at that happening ordering the watches individually so I switched back to the trilogy set knowing that I can always do a dial swap down the line as the worst case scenario.

I'm sure it might not make a difference but if enough people speak up, something might be done. Better than just complaining on Internet forums and doing nothing imo.

rominvicta likes this.
  17. sensui Apr 3, 2017

I saw that as well... Except that's a privileged preview not everyone saw. It's not mentioned anywhere in their webpages or social media. As I mentioned, not everyone is following this as closely as wis are.

Look at those pictures also, no trilogy inscription... And you can barely make out the inscription when you zoom hard at some of the trilogy boxes. My question is simple... If it's such a desirable variation, why so vague in mentioning it.

Edited Apr 3, 2017
  18. Pun Apr 3, 2017

Btw I'd love to know the exact thickness and WR of Railmaster LE 3557 watch as there is apparently some confusion. I'd be highly obliged if someone enlighten me on that. Thanks

0CD96DE5-BA05-4BE3-866A-50BCFDBF6FD6-9042-00000628E9684116.jpeg
    Travelller likes this.
  19. niko4891 Apr 3, 2017

Yes, that's what I thought as well. The numbers don't add up. Perhaps there are import duties to be accounted for?

Niko

20. arcadelt Apr 3, 2017