Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 27, 2018

I was waiting for that to be posted. :rolleyes:

People post that chart all the time, but it's not reality - having owned Rolexes and serviced many, I can tell you that chart is nonsense.

BTW you don't need a timing machine - just rest the watch in different positions for 24 hours each and check which positions gain or lose.

Pun likes this.
  2. DIV Oct 27, 2018

Obviously, I can't compete with how many Rolexes you've dealt with, but having owned MANY Rolex models over the years, i have found that chart to be VERY useful and effective for casual regulating (perhaps it's one of the reasons people often post the chart), so calling it "nonsense" might be a little exaggerated.
    And yes, if I were more patient and exacting, I could probably track the performance of my Railmaster in different positions without the use of a time grapher, but I bought one just the same and I plan on posting the results here in this thread and it will be interesting to see how they compare/contrast with other members experiences.:):thumbsup:

Edited Oct 27, 2018
    Theognosis likes this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 27, 2018

Well, we can agree to disagree on that point. If your watch matches what the chart suggests, it's basically luck...

4. DIV Oct 27, 2018

Sounds good to me!....that the first good luck I've ever had in my life!

Theognosis and GRW1234 like this.
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 27, 2018

There's nothing in any Rolex timing specs that I've ever seen that indicates they are trying to create errors in specific positions. To do so they would have to be intentionally creating a poise error in every watch.

I don't believe that this instruction is anything that Rolex currently includes with their watches - please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Personally when I service a watch, I inform the owner of the positions that can be used to adjust for daily errors in the documentation that I send them - again every watch is different.

Cheers, Al

Pun likes this.
  6. papajan Oct 27, 2018

Is it maybe because it looks the most “simple”?

7. padders Oooo subtitles! Oct 27, 2018

FWIW I have the SM and a timing machine. Mine gains about 3s per day on the wrist and night stand. Happy to check the positional variance on mine when I return home from Croatia but if what Al says is right then my results may not be that useful to you.

8. papajan Oct 27, 2018

Love the leather strap that comes with it

AC749FDD-8A3D-49A2-B4CA-84D4E11499B0.jpeg
    Pun likes this.
  9. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 27, 2018

Archer is wise (as always!). Utilizing different positions can be informative and rewarding, among other things...

10. M'Bob Oct 27, 2018

Let's assume you are correct on this point. Does that mean the chart was accurate for earlier calibers...or never correct?

11. richter Official ΩF thread drift measurer. Oct 30, 2018

Happy Tuesday!

[​IMG]

Seaborg, LeonDeBayonne, Pun and 4 others like this.
  12. bremontspy Nov 1, 2018

those prices look one offs that forums only are likely to have, The RM’s especially.
    Crazy low here we go

13. Jantar Nov 9, 2018

I was at my local AD last night and they just received a 60th Anniversary speedmaster. Anyone looking for one NIB from an AD send me a PM and I’ll let you know where it is.

14. richter Official ΩF thread drift measurer. Nov 9, 2018

Interesting considering these are supposed to be all sold out.

15. djmusicman Nov 10, 2018

It’ll be an unworn one that someone sold to the AD.

16. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Nov 10, 2018

Don't ADs buy them from Omega? (i.e., Omega does not send them watches on consignment) So Omega could completely sell out a watch model to ADs yet none may be sold yet to the public.

kilofinal likes this.
  17. petay993 Nov 10, 2018

Quite a few of these now trickling in to AD stock over here in the UK.
    I have viewed all three in the last 36 hours, deals to be had on the SM and RM as well
    If any use to anyone there is a very low number Railmaster at Fraser Hart in the Trafford Centre with 10% off, it's in their pre owned section but it's new with all the kit and unstamped cards. That particular branch is not an AD for Omega but it's from group stock. Should benefit from 5 years warranty now as well.

18. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 10, 2018

Why? If it is pre owned and they are not an AD they can’t stamp the card as an AD would for a new sale. You might get away with filling it in yourself but then you may not. No stamp and date, no warranty.

19. petay993 Nov 10, 2018

Well I am not sure on the definition of pre owned, this piece which I inspected had blank cards unstamped by the dealer but the watch did not have stickers. I specifically asked if they would be stamping the card and they said yes they would. Other branches of Fraser Hart are AD's just not this branch so maybe that is why?
    I am unsure of the legitimacy of this and I had a quick word with the Manager of the OB opposite and he suggested the card should really be stamped by a branch in their network which was an AD.
    He was the one who suggested if it was all stamped up on sale then it would benefit from the new improved warranty.

20. claes_t Nov 10, 2018

Notoriously difficult to photograph, but what a fantastic piece!
    SM300-1.jpg

3rdstringholder, gr8sw and llvhhui like this.