Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. treiz1337 Oct 4, 2017

These are all sold out, right?

2. shutterlife Oct 4, 2017

nope, you can still get them.

3. djmusicman Oct 4, 2017

The Speedmaster was the last to be released but will probably sell out first. I can see the Seamaster and Railmaster being easier to get hold of in the future. It seems like the Speedmaster will command a premium.

The box sets seem to have been pre-ordered with little making it onto the market. There is one on chrono24 for 24,000 euros, I think the retail price was 19,500.

https://www.chrono24.fr/omega/omega-1957-trilogy-limited-editions--id6963320.htm

4. treiz1337 Oct 4, 2017

Then why are they going for such a premium on sale forums?

5. abrod520 Oct 4, 2017

Wishful thinking. See the Railmaster offered here on OF for below retail, with nobody buying (yet)

Some bought these in the hopes that people would feverishly overpay for them, but Omega made more than enough to go around - for now. It's possible they'll appreciate in the coming years, but in the short term I'd bet they depreciate slightly. (Speedmaster excepted)

Tire-comedon likes this.
  6. arcadelt Oct 4, 2017

People are apparently already paying a premium for the Speedy. I've heard up to US$15000.

7. abrod520 Oct 4, 2017

Not sure where you heard that, but they got a resounding, booming shite deal if they did. They're all over Chrono24 for $8,000 - 11,000, and there's one on OF here for under $10,000 that has been listed for 2+ days now without selling.

Like I said, I don't expect the Speedmaster to depreciate, at least not by much, but I don't think they're going to sell at huge premiums either, at least not in the short term.

arcadelt likes this.
  8. Meme-Dweller Oct 4, 2017

Yeah, and if I don't sell it by Monday, I'm just going to size it and enjoy the damn thing!

McJamesT and wkimmd like this.
  9. abrod520 Oct 4, 2017

I think you should anyway :)

The Speedmaster was the only one of the three I wasn't immediately sold on in the Baselworld photos, but they're looking really nice in the photos everyone's taking of theirs now that they're in-hand.

DIV and ReturnOfUltraman like this.
  10. Meme-Dweller Oct 4, 2017

I have the flip disease. I need to sell this so I can buy another watch to wear then sell again next week.

DIV likes this.
  11. arcadelt Oct 4, 2017

Oops, my mistake. Went back and checked and the claim was AU$15000, so US$11700. I belong to waaayyy too many watch sites.

12. Theognosis Oct 4, 2017

I think the Speedy will make a huge profit in the short term. Prices on the secondary market will go down to slightly above retail levels in 2 years, especially when Omega releases a new "LE", this time with lollipop seconds hand.

In 5 years, Omega's probably going to introduce their VINTAGE COLLECTION standard releases, with the Trilogy pieces playing a big part of it. In that event, pre-owned prices will dive.

When I bought my RMLE, there was no intent to make a profit out of it. I simply wanted to own and enjoy a beautiful "vintage" watch with a modern worry-free movement. I wanted to scratch that vintage itch. People who are buying these Omega LE's for future profit are buying the watches for the wrong reason.

Temiyasen, Tritium, Mtnmansa and 2 others like this.
  13. mikechi22 Oct 4, 2017

Hi there, Gents! Could any of you lucky purchasers throw a guy a bone here? I’m curious to know what leather strap comes with the Railmaster LE. Would someone mind posting a photo of it, please? If it’s on your watch, so much the better! A solo photo of the leather strap would be fine too. What does the buckle look like? I’ve seen so many photos in this thread and the RM one, but I can’t pinpoint what actually came in the presentation box. Thanks in advance!

14. RTK27 Oct 5, 2017

So good...
    B64E4E25-FFB4-4BBD-9D9B-DCB5B076D19D.jpeg 6286937B-2DF7-48E7-AA58-D59AB36F96EF.jpeg AB8175E7-34D1-4484-8B96-0C92E9D22C52.jpeg

gr8sw, munichblue, Toishome and 8 others like this.
  15. DrFirlefanz Oct 5, 2017

Do you happen to know if the CK2998 and the FOIS have identical lugs and lug holes? Please be so kind and also let me know once you find out which bracelet of the Trilogy would fit. Thanks in advance!

16. LeonDeBayonne Oct 5, 2017

I actually the confirmation from an Omega Boutique. None of these bracelets can fit the CK2998 because the holds in the lugs do not match the space in the endlinks where the pin goes. I do not know for the FOIS, but I would be really interested to know. Can you ask the question to a boutique or does someone have the answer please?

17. DrFirlefanz Oct 5, 2017

Thank you LeonDeBayonne for your swift reply! As for asking Omega, they will tell you that it doesn't fit no matter which watch you'd like to equip with the bracelet. I've already asked Omega Germany. The Omega boutique in Munich/GER for example will not (officially) supply you with the bracelet either since they say the original CK2998/FOIS originally came on a leather strap only. The only way to get it is via grey market dealers or ADs who don't care. Maybe someone will try it out here and will hopefully fill us in.

18. abrod520 Oct 5, 2017

I don't think I belong to enough!

I don't think so. 3,557 pieces (plus another 500 in the set) is quite a lot, and while I think there is higher demand, I don't think it's enough of a difference to support huge profits. There may be a few, maybe 10, that are sold for a decent profit, but considering not all have been delivered yet I don't think it's going to pop.

I also don't think Omega will release them as a standard line. They did the FOIS, which sold in OK numbers but nothing like the standard Professional. The SM300 MC is a great watch, but more of a modern interpretation of the older style. The truth is, reissue watches like the Trilogy might appeal greatly to watch nerds like us, but they don't have as much appeal to the type of person who just wants to reward him- or herself with something nice.

I do agree with your last statement wholeheartedly.

ReturnOfUltraman and Theognosis like this.
  19. Meme-Dweller Oct 5, 2017

Damn, I should've gone for the Seamaster instead of the Speedmaster

20. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Oct 5, 2017

Still waiting for my speedy but when I receive it I'll try the bracelet on my FOIS.

LeonDeBayonne and DrFirlefanz like this.