omega 111.024 tank , missing balance jewel , worth fixing ??

Posts
104
Likes
30
Good morning members , I was waiting long time to tackle this problem with my omega tank 111.024 , couldn’t figure out the problem , finally last night I decided to disassemble it and hurray I found the problem , taking off the dial I found that the balance jewel on dial side is missing a (mystery ??) got the watch on eBay long long ago and just left it unattended , now going through my stuff decided maybe it’s time to give it a try, it has the 620 movement , and hallelujah I have 2 spears that I got from this gold buying place that ravages gold watches for scrap , but this lady actually saves the movements I got few nice ones but mostly ladies watch movements , so to the point ,including some pics , is it worth to spend time on this one, movement cost me $ 5 dollars , it’s great idea to visit the I will call a gold watch scrap yards sometimes may find something very useful , and with the gold price at this level there won’t be many gold watches around haha, sadly saying , so advise please , thank you , good day , kazd
 
Posts
104
Likes
30
hi Kazd. this is a worthless model and probably not worth the hassle.
hello there, thank you for reply , yes you maybe right but all watches I have are round as most watches 😊 this one actually looks very cool on the wrist a different , so I’ll probably go ahead and install the donor movement since I got it almost for nothing so no cost here and I’ll have one square watch haha, thank you again for your honest opinion , by the way it’ll give me a little practice on disassembling very small movements , which is a challenge , good day , kazd
 
Posts
2,616
Likes
2,793
Its about 30 minutes of work to replace it if you have a donor. So it entirely comes down to whether it is worth your time, and something you would actually use/wear/etc.

Though, that WILL probably require a jewel press, so if you don't have the tools...

As Garden says, it is basically a low-value watch with a 'meh' dial, so deciding whether it is worth it to YOU is the decision, but it is clearly not worth paying someone to do anything to.
 
Posts
104
Likes
30
Its about 30 minutes of work to replace it if you have a donor. So it entirely comes down to whether it is worth your time, and something you would actually use/wear/etc.

Though, that WILL probably require a jewel press, so if you don't have the tools...

As Garden says, it is basically a low-value watch with a 'meh' dial, so deciding whether it is worth it to YOU is the decision, but it is clearly not worth paying someone to do anything to.
Thank you for your reply and advise , and the question is truly , will I enjoy wearing it, I think I may it’s a completely different feel on the wrist and looks cool a square watch and so thin and compfy, I already fitted new leather strap I had laying around , and wouldn’t need the jewel press as I will just swap the whole donor movement it does run ok, will see how good it runs when the hands go back on , again the movement I got basically free😊 I’ll update how it came out, and yes the dial looks crappy but it adds little sign of age to it , after all it’s not a water resistant case so moisture effect did it’s damaging job, thank you again , it’ll be my first omega square watch on the wrist , and yes if I had to pay someone to do this work for me I wouldn’t doit I would just leave it in drawer , besides as I mentioned it’ll give me little practice , thank you , good day , I’ll have more to post as I’m moving on to revisit rest of the collection , good day ,kazd
 
Posts
104
Likes
30
Thank you for your reply and advise , and the question is truly , will I enjoy wearing it, I think I may it’s a completely different feel on the wrist and looks cool a square watch and so thin and compfy, I already fitted new leather strap I had laying around , and wouldn’t need the jewel press as I will just swap the whole donor movement it does run ok, will see how good it runs when the hands go back on , again the movement I got basically free😊 I’ll update how it came out, and yes the dial looks crappy but it adds little sign of age to it , after all it’s not a water resistant case so moisture effect did it’s damaging job, thank you again , it’ll be my first omega square watch on the wrist , and yes if I had to pay someone to do this work for me I wouldn’t doit I would just leave it in drawer , besides as I mentioned it’ll give me little practice , thank you , good day , I’ll have more to post as I’m moving on to revisit rest of the collection , good day ,kazd
hello again , an update on the seamaster 30 I was working on timing , so two days later stays at +5 seconds , demagnetized again yesterday and will leave it alone , the crown is unsigned it bigger and comfortable for winding , at some point I may try to find one with omega logo on it , thank you for your advise on this one it helped greatly , good day , kazd
 
Posts
509
Likes
260
hi Kazd. this is a worthless model and probably not worth the hassle.
Definitely not worthless people love unique ones and this square one is nice , don’t get me wrong it’s not in the best of condition but still worth more then you think after a little repair easily worth $200 + and with it’s a medium size it’s suited for male and female.
I own 3 of these lovely watches all 9ct because why not 🤣😂
 
Posts
104
Likes
30
Definitely not worthless people love unique ones and this square one is nice , don’t get me wrong it’s not in the best of condition but still worth more then you think after a little repair easily worth $200 + and with it’s a medium size it’s suited for male and female.
I own 3 of these lovely watches all 9ct because why not 🤣😂
Hello there and thanks , glad to know there is someone that appreciates these elegant square watches , yes I’ll repair it myself and most likely enjoy it , it look and feels great on the wrist a something different, don’t care much about the value of it but I have it and know its in rough shape especially the dial , that adds to the vintage look, call me crazy lol but this is me , thank again regards good day , kazd
 
Posts
509
Likes
260
@kazd same I’d rather an aged watch with signs of use , i often wonder the history behind some I have and what their previous life's been before me. lol
 
Posts
104
Likes
30
@kazd same I’d rather an aged watch with signs of use , i often wonder the history behind some I have and what their previous life's been before me. lol
Ah yes I’m the same way , I’ll take aged imperfect dial and little scratched up case over terribly redialed one or over polished case that it looses its tru contours , I have few watches with redone dials some are decent and maybe 3 that could use professional job, I was searching for someone that works on restoring dials and found this one in business since 1926 ,, Kirk Rich Dial company have you heard about him? I watched some of his work on YouTube , amazing . Supposedly hi has the largest collection of original vintage templates for omega , me thinking I’ll contact him send some pics for estimate , on the website it’s quoted standard job $ $249 depends probably on the complication I have beautiful gold seamaster with golden dial that was butchered by someone before I got it, and omega triple calendar that was redone not to good especially the moon phase disk , these two I would like to fix, so hopefully I’ll contact him maybe this weekend , I’ll post the gold seamaster for you guys to asses , good day, kazd