Omega 105.003-65 opportunity

I think -64 & -65 have same midcase, -66 is where those bevels come in on the CB cases. FWIW 👍

I think -64 & -65 have same midcase, -66 is where those bevels come in on the CB cases. FWIW 👍
In Ed Whites, which is what is being discussed here, there is no such animal.

Casebacks were not fitted at random as you suggest, they were fitted sequentially as the watches were made, the -63 iteration during ~1964, the -64 during 1965 or thereabouts and the -65 from early 1966 to 1969. I suggest you read up on the differences between the -64 and -65 cases with particular regard to the lugs. They were made by different subcontractors and are noticeably different. The one you show has -64 tell tales and is missing the -65 bevels. Casebacks very much are a guide to when the watch was assembled, just not a direct year for year correlation.[/

As @padders says, you’re referring to Professional cases. It’s different with straight lugs.

Thanks for the information.
Technically a 66 Ed White is in the mind
They don't really exist!
I don't care anymore.
Bought a very nice TIssiot Janeiro last week with box and papers!
Edited:

In Ed Whites, which is what is being discussed here, there is no such animal.
Yup, that’s what I get for multitasking. Lol
Looking at a pro and reading about EW, my mistake.

I suggest you read up on the differences between the -64 and -65 cases with particular regard to the lugs. They were made by different subcontractors and are noticeably different.

It's really interesting. Do you have a link for thread or an article?

I went to pick the watch up yesterday!
It looks nice i think, but it needs some work on it : crown, hands, service, pushers?

but the dial is nice, the caseback clean, and the case worn but ok i think.

very nice lume colour! 🥰

Interesting, though, that the color from about 12:00to 3:00 is darker than most of the rest. Wonder how that happens…

Nice watch. I'm happy for you that everything worked out well. Hopefully you'll find the parts. It would be great if you can keep us updated on the restoration process.

Of course, i’ll keep everyone updated about the evolution (and needs).
What do you think about the case? It’s a new type for me, so I’m not sure of it.
About the pushers, someone told me they’re service one. It wasn’t so obvious to me. How can we identify them?

Interesting, though, that the color from about 12:00to 3:00 is darker than most of the rest. Wonder how that happens…
Easy: Seal of top pusher was not working properly.

Very nice watch overall. I would concentrate on the hands if I were you. Which auction did you get it from?

Yes, the hands are my priority.
Finding the 3 in a good and coherent condition will be hard. So I guess the better way is to find the chrono one first, and the hour minute later.
i found one on ebay but very expensive, and probably a old service one (but who knows without the length)

Of course, i’ll keep everyone updated about the evolution (and needs).
What do you think about the case? It’s a new type for me, so I’m not sure of it.
About the pushers, someone told me they’re service one. It wasn’t so obvious to me. How can we identify them?

From those pictures I’d say the case is very good. The original profile and facets remain. Likely not polished or just given a light going over a couple of times.

I finally had the watch for 7.2k chf… i don’t know if i made the right choice. I’m weak, i know. But it was tempting!

Congrats!