Omega 105.003-65 opportunity

So I found a sweep hand. It's hard to find a full hands set in a good condition for 321.
It's at the post office now, I have to pick it up as soon as I can! I hope it's gonna be a good buying.

I opened the watch too, I wanted to check the serial for an EOA. The antimagnetic cover is stuck on the mouvement and this one moves in the case... So it's a red flag for me, I'll source all the parts missing and I'll go to my watchmaker to make a full service.

Try - with a thin blade knife or scalpel - to get between dust cover and movement holder ring where the cover sits on. Do it on the side where crown/pushers are, this way you won't lift out the movement/dial or bend the stem while trying. It's normal that the movement moves as soon as the caseback is taken of. The caseback puts pressure on the dust cover and keeps the movemnt in place this way. When the caseback is taken off, the only thing that holds the movement/ dial in place is the stem basically.

And as always: don't use force but patience :)

Thanks for the tips. I didn't have the impression that it moved when I looked my other speedmasters.

Thanks for the tips. I didn't have the impression that it moved when I looked my other speedmasters.
Depends on. some holder rings sit pretty tight others just fall out as soon as the stem is removed.

So, it's time for an update!

First, I have the EoA. The watch has been delivered in Switzerland in February 1967. I'm glad there is no problem with it.

It has been quite difficult to source the good parts. I finally found NOS hands, a correct crown and a 1035 (not period correct but..).
Thank to all the members here that help me for it :)

IMG_2432.jpg

tempImage9JXCYJ.png
IMG_2430.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

Next step, a full service. :D