Omega 105.003-65 opportunity

Thanks guys for your help.
I contacted him this morning, the seller wants now 10k for his watch... So it's not a good deal at the end.
I'll keep the contact with him, but it looks like complicated...
I also saw the listing a week ago. He initially listed the watch for 15k. I contacted him a couple of days ago asking to inspect the watch but never got a reply. I also wanted to know if the dusk cover was missing. As I always try to buy the seller I didn't bid on his auction.

I finally had the watch for 7.2k chf… i don’t know if i made the right choice. I’m weak, i know. But it was tempting!

Now i have to find the time to pick it up before the holidays
And find a drop end hand. (If anyone has it ?)
And find a 24 flat crown. (If anyone has it ?)
And maybe it’s gonna be a nice watch!

I finally had the watch for 7.2k chf… i don’t know if i made the right choice. I’m weak, i know. But it was tempting!

Now i have to find the time to pick it up before the holidays
And find a drop end hand. (If anyone has it ?)
And find a 24 flat crown. (If anyone has it ?)
And maybe it’s gonna be a nice watch!
Its a cheap price even with the parts needed

Well done, great price with room to add the original parts have a clean and service, I might be wrong but I would say the spear point chrono hand will be hardest to find, lots of after market hands artificially aged so be careful what you buy.

Couldn't see it in the pictures but make sure you get an Extract of Archives, always nice to have with a vintage Omega..

Congratulations, I guessed that you won it. I hope that everything turns out great and would love to see some pictures once you get it.

I'll try to pick it up before Christmas, and i'll make pictures to share it with you.
I'm already looking for parts, and i'll ask the EOA as soon as possible.

Now i have to tell my GF that i bought a watch... Again...

I had an opportunity to purchase an Ed White.
They wanted nearly £10,000 for it,overpriced in my opinion.
The condition was poor,but I did think about it.
It looked like an honest watch,original parts,but with a service crown.
I sent off for an archive and Omega said that the movement number did not match the case reference.
Omega refunded their fee ,which I thought was a bit strange.
I didn't buy the watch,but it annoyed the seller,a local watch dealer who I know.
His opinion was that the watch was honest and genuine.The movement was the correct no. being in the 24 million range.It's possible that the movement may have been transplanted from another make of watch.Many companies used the 321 at that time.

I had an opportunity to purchase an Ed White.
They wanted nearly £10,000 for it,overpriced in my opinion.
The condition was poor,but I did think about it.
It looked like an honest watch,original parts,but with a service crown.
I sent off for an archive and Omega said that the movement number did not match the case reference.
Omega refunded their fee ,which I thought was a bit strange.
I didn't buy the watch,but it annoyed the seller,a local watch dealer who I know.
His opinion was that the watch was honest and genuine.The movement was the correct no. being in the 24 million range.It's possible that the movement may have been transplanted from another make of watch.Many companies used the 321 at that time.

And ? Is there a question somewhere in your post ?

No way a -64 came with a 24m serial. My -65 is only 22.8m

The caseback is 64 but the movement is a November 66
Your caseback may be 65 but it doesn't mean the watch was made in 65.
The number on the caseback is when the caseback was manufactured not the watch.
You can only date a watch accurately from the movement.

But a -64 with serial 25mil can not be right. Thats why Omega museum rejected your request.

I didn’t know that they can refuse to deliver the EOA because the caseback ain’t right. Arr you sure?
For me, it’s just because the mouvement was made for another type of watch (seamaster for example)

I know when my watch was manufactured, April 1966. The extract says so. I say again there is no way a -64 Ed White left the factory with a 24m serial. Ergo the movement or caseback has been changed. The lugs look like 64 lugs so my money is on the movement. And the EOA refusal suggests this too.

ps you state above that the 321 was used by several manufacturers. Not so. If it was marked Omega 321 it was only seen in a few Omega models. Other manufactures have used the base Lemania 2310 (though not many) but those wont be marked Omega. VC and Patek have used 2310 derived movements so it wasn't exactly commonplace.

pps I wouldn't worry too much about annoying your dealer, he doesn't sound very honest or perhaps very knowledgeable.
Edited:

But a -64 with serial 25mil can not be right. Thats why Omega museum rejected your request.

Agree. My very late -65 (with extract) has a 24m serial.

No way an original -64 left the factory with a 25m serial movement. As stated this is very likely why the museum wouldn’t issue an extract as the serial didn’t match the reference.

You're right a 64 with a 24 million would not be right!
But the movement is November 66 which means the movement will be between 22.087-xxx and 26.554.xxx according to Moonwatch only book.Casebacks are not a guide to when the watch was assembled,as they are interchangeable and come from a parts bin!
A watch built in1966 with a reference 105.003 with a 24million movement is,on paper an Ed White.Again you are right a 64 would have the wrong movement no.

You're right a 64 with a 24 million would not be right!
But the movement is November 66 which means the movement will be between 22.087-xxx and 26.554.xxx according to Moonwatch only book.Casebacks are not a guide to when the watch was assembled,as they are interchangeable and come from a parts bin!
A watch built in1966 with a reference 105.003 with a 24million movement is,on paper an Ed White.Again you are right a 64 would have the wrong movement no.
Casebacks were not fitted at random as you suggest, they were fitted sequentially as the watches were made, the -63 iteration during ~1964, the -64 during 1965 or thereabouts and the -65 from early 1966 to 1969. I suggest you read up on the differences between the -64 and -65 cases with particular regard to the lugs. They were made by different subcontractors and are noticeably different. The one you show has -64 tell tales and is missing the -65 bevels. Casebacks very much are a guide to when the watch was assembled, just not a direct year for year correlation.
Edited: