Not all things in Australia want to kill you..........

Getting back to the original topic of this, native birds:

RP1burG.jpg

Like 14
Heaps of birds of prey in my neck of the woods.

Very common across the road from me.
image.jpeg

Thousands of these guys below in and around Darwin. Always one or two in the air above/around the house ( cat doesn't spend long outside )
Heard these below are the only birds of prey that eat in flight ( not 100% if it's a fact )
image.jpeg

Like 2
City boys :whistling: Just got back from work where I had to inspect pipes from overseas
( and catch a heap of spiders :eek: on Sunday overtime rates )

Sunday o.t. amazing how my squad were always available on a Sunday :whistling:

Like 1
I did a short stint as a safety officer with a hazardous environment water jet cutting crew.

Most work was in refineries, sewers, gas tanks, oil tanks etc so we could only work on days off or down time.

I made more money for eight hours on Sunday than most of my mates made for the whole five day working week.

And thankfully, the company, although local to me, was "based in the UK" so all of my earnings were tax free :D:D:D:D

Eat that tax man!

Like 3
Definitely miss that Sunday penalty rate, used to work at Macca's 6 years ago when I was in uni, was 19 at the time. I always work on Sunday and Monday, especially public holiday which always falls on Monday. Took me only less than 4 weeks of casual work hours to buy a new top of the line MacBook Pro.

Like 1
Went out to clear a oil rig, was under tow and they wanted it done on Australia Day. 4am at the helicopter shed to 21:30 back at the office at double time and a half :D

( with a day off in lieu....)

Like 1
Maybe not, but there're reminders for all the things that could kill You, going from spiders to snakes :confused:

Went out to clear a oil rig, was under tow and they wanted it done on Australia Day. 4am at the helicopter shed to 21:30 back at the office at double time and a half :D

( with a day off in lieu....)

Sounds like what we used to call a 'Golden Nugget' shift, used to love when a customer would call late in the day with "I wonder if you could help us out" :D

Like 1
Sounds like what we used to call a 'Golden Nugget' shift, used to love when a customer would call late in the day with "I wonder if you could help us out" :D

Our manager: "Hang on, I'll check................................OK, we can pull a crew off a big job, they should be on site just before midnight".

Call to me: "Hey Jimbo, drag those two gorillas of yours outa that motel before they're too wasted and get to XXXX refinery. But make sure you're on site before 23:50!"

Me: "K mate, triple time and a half plus haz entry?"

Him: "sigh.............OK, just don't go in late!"

That way the company got the first day (or part thereof) and the second day (or part thereof) as contracted days were from midnight to midnight.

I never complained :D.

Like 1
Making sure our Australian colleagues know that we were up there....
Writing our names on the white board before going up onto the surface of the 64m moveable radio telescope, aka the Dish, at Parkes observatory New South Wales Australia...
:eek: :thumbsup:
gallery_7334_7228_140752.jpg
Edited:

Like 1
Ben Franklin wanted to have the wild Turkey named as our National Bird because it was the smartest bird he knew of. Sure could use some of that here now.
Getting back to the original topic of this, native birds:

Ben Franklin wanted to have the wild Turkey named as our National Bird because it was the smartest bird he knew of. Sure could use some of that here now.

Some disturbing youtube videos of wedge tail attacks. One mean bird.

You forgot something there ...

;).

IMG_0017.JPG
Yea, but our wedge tail eagles can pass a piss test, unlike those dodgy East German eagles.

Its easy to be the biggest when you're on gear. :coffee:

Like 8