Forums Latest Members

Newbie help request- vintage rolex cellini

1. ranga Dec 20, 2022

Hi,

I am a relative newbie at all of this, but really love the look of the vintage cellini. I am strongly considering purchasing the below watch but was hoping someone could let me know of i am missing anything obvious about this. I am worried about issues like re-dial.

thank-you very much
    sel 7.png sel 6.png cel 4.png cel 3.png cel 2.png cel 1.png

Edited Dec 20, 2022
    janice&fred likes this.
  2. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Dec 20, 2022

You may be a relative newbie but you have been around long enough to know that links are not a great way to ask questions. They rely on others clicking them and investigating and they disappear over time so are not there in the future for reference.
    Post photos and listing information and you will get a much better response

SC1 and YY77 like this.
  3. ranga Dec 20, 2022

Sorry will make the change, thanks!

SC1 and inchpincher like this.
  4. asrnj77 Dec 25, 2022

Have you tried one on? I believe it’s 31mm which is pretty small by today’s standards. It doesn’t appear to be a redial to me

5. janice&fred Dec 25, 2022

One thing potential buyers should watch out for on any brand watch with thin solid gold lugs is lug alignment. A lug is quite easy to get bent with a knock or two and usually end up tilted inward and/or downward. That might be the case with this watch pictured as the 12:00 leather strap seems to be squished to fit between the lugs, as opposed to the lower which fits perfectly.

6. johnireland Dec 25, 2022

Please share what attracts you the most about this watch...the name, the price, the look of a simple dress watch, etc.? What others are you considering? Others have mentioned the size...a trip to any vintage watch shop will let you get a sense of how a watch that size will feel and look on your wrist. Cellini is just one of the Rolex lines of watches. Tudor, Girard Perregaux, Omega, Longines, IWC, all offer similar styles and would be worth exploring. Good luck hunting and enjoy whatever you decide on. Happy New Year.

janice&fred and SC1 like this.
  7. ranga Dec 25, 2022

Thank-you all!

SC1 likes this.
  8. ranga Dec 25, 2022

i have small wrists and really love the look of a classic simple gold dress watch, the rolex name for the circles i socialize in is a nice perk!

Larry S, janice&fred and SC1 like this.
  9. SC1 Dec 25, 2022

If I may, how small are your wrists... 6 inch, less?

10. janice&fred Dec 25, 2022

Good question as small is small when it comes to a watch size. Even with my wife's petite wrists a 31mm watch would look small. I think a safe bet is 33mm on up for most people nowadays no matter the wrist size.

JwRosenthal and SC1 like this.