New to vintage Omega..i think I got burned...

The movement looks fair condition a little rose gold plating & brass showing.
You got caught up in aucion-idise.
A friend went through this phase when ebay started up.
It didn't take long & a few $$$ later for him to slow down.
Good group here that will try & give good advice, they are seasoned buyer & sellers.
Hope you did't spend next next months rent $$$
Ciao! Mike

The description fails to mention the fake dial and hands. I think that should be enough to cancel the bid.
But I have no experience with these auction houses...

Please re-read the description:

I think its all there...

Please re-read the description:

I think its all there...
It might be there but I don't think it's entirely clear. If it were me, I'd argue that they must use a word like "aftermarket" in the description.
"Hands neutral replaced" 😕

It might be there but I don't think it's entirely clear. If it were me, I'd argue that they must use a word like "aftermarket" in the description.
"Hands neutral replaced" 😕

As long as they didn't explicitly call the hands/dial "original" they're in the clear, legally

Just a thought, if you can't get out of the purchase, then is there anything worth taking here? Since the dial and hands are not correct, and there is no steel bracelet, is the movement, case, and crown correct? Would it be possible to source a dial and hands? That's not a road I would want to go down because I don't have any connections, but, If you have to pay for it, maybe try to look for some upside. My .02.

Don't pay for it. Tell the auction house, you get an Omega Excerpt , because you know now, that it is a fake. The Omega factory is the ultimate judge in this. Even if you have to throw another CHF 120 after that monstrosity, the Auction house will not start non payer action with the originality from the manufacturer pending..... Then send as many front pictures to omega with your EoA request. Only the movement number and a picture from the outside back. Not the inside back. And wait, what comes back..... Worth the try for that money spent.

IMO you compare apples with oranges here. Restoration of a painting is a very different procedure than restoring a watch.

I think that "restored dial" is commonly understood as "repainted" - at least among watch collectors, even among noobs I guess.
And we all know that taste is very different among watch buyers. While collectors are willing to tolerate small imperfections/patina on an original dial and prefer such a dial to a redone one other people like "as new dials" and don´t mind if it is repainted and not perfectly matching the original design. Our community does not represent the majority of watch buyers, most of us are hard core collectors with very high standards, a very tiny group among "watch consumers"...

I agree with all the above, but I think that citing the dictionary definition of “restoration” with enough self confidence back at the auction house might be enough to send them scurrying!

I’m with the ‘don’t pay for it’ gang.

If we want to get all technical, I see nothing about a restored dial but rather a dial that has crosshairs, and said crosshairs are restored crosshairs (dial with crosshairs restored)…and the dial this watch is mimicking should not have crosshairs in the first place … so, the crosshairs can’t be restored … and even so that dial is not restored, it’s ruined 🤨

This is a case for the missing semi-colon:

IF they had said "dial with crosshairs; restored" the seller would be in the clear. They did not, and so regardless of implication, what they SAID is that the crosshairs were restored, with no mention of anything else to do with the dial.

How bad did I do? Won at auction but have not paid for it yet. Any piece of advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
Jacoby:
It appears, the current price for that model is arroud what you bought it for at this time.
So, the only things stand out are the orange in the hands, & the rose gold plate vvery thin on one bridge.
The dial is likely original, & hands.....
So, you didn't do too bad, and look at all the comments & knowledge you gained.
Next watch you buy, you will more cautious.
CIAO! Mike

Jacoby:
It appears, the current price for that model is arroud what you bought it for at this time.
So, the only things stand out are the orange in the hands, & the rose gold plate vvery thin on one bridge.
CIAO! Mike

I don't agree. Original dial and original hands with expensive vintage watches make up 50% of the price paid. Dial definitely Not Original. Hands Not Original. So......

Jacoby:
CIAO! Mike

Are you being serious Mike?

The watch is a tired old piece of crap tarted up to look like what the re-dialer imagined a nice Omega should look like.
The whole dial/hands appearance has no Omega DNA at all, fonts/layout/shapes, it's like nothing that ever came out of an Omega factory.

Are you being serious Mike?

The watch is a tired old piece of crap tarted up to look like what the re-dialer imagined a nice Omega should look like.
The whole dial/hands appearance has no Omega DNA at all, fonts/layout/shapes, it's like nothing that ever came out of an Omega factory.
Plus as has been pointed out before, it’s only waterproof up to 30mm. Hardly a Seamaster at that depth. Kiddie pool model maybe..