New to vintage Omega..i think I got burned...

How bad did I do? Won at auction but have not paid for it yet. Any piece of advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

If you can, cancel the purchase. You are not the first one to ask this regarding similarly produced redials / frankenwatches. But what you bought doesn’t have anything to do with a watch Omega ever produced.

Didn’t one guy keep it cause he really liked the look? Ya you bought a non omega or maybe it was an omega at one point. If you can get out of paying due to the redial and the other issues mentioned it would serve you better. The good thing is if you hang around here or study a bit on your own you can pick mistakes like that up with a glance. Don’t beat yourself up just slow down and look around acting hastily isn’t always the best move. Cool your getting into vintage and omega it’s a lot of fun, but it can also be a lot of money (doesn’t always have to be) but the popularity and money factor brings out unsavory characters like the seller of the watch above. Is that 30mm supposed to be 30 millimeters of water resistance or the size of the case.

Yeah I would cancel it. I think the whole dial is just plain fake.

Might be tough to get out of, since the description basically says it is not original:

Might be tough to get out of, since the description basically says it is not original:

it wont hurt to ask.

Good point. At the same time, this is arguably not a restoration. At best, it's an interpretation.

it wont hurt to ask.
No it won’t. Doesn’t restored mean returned to original condition? It may be an issue since they mentioned it but stopping now could prevent a return or dispute so it won’t hurt

Based on the description I think my argument would be that it says the crosshairs have been restored. Not that the entire dial has been repainted. That’s what I’d try and use as an out anyway.

Buyers premium 29%????

phhharrrckkkkk

Is that 30mm supposed to be 30 millimeters of water resistance or the size of the case.
Quote of the day!

Oh boy hammer price near $3600 after premium. 🤔

I feel for you OP, sorry.
Might be tough to get out of, since the description basically says it is not original
Sorry, it might indeed be tough to get out of, but not because there is an ounce of sense in the description - which might more accurately say, "blatant attempt to deceive".
what you bought doesn’t have anything to do with a watch Omega ever produced.
This.

I know, i know...you gotta pay to play lol.
I hope you get your money back mate. There’s lot of knowledgeable and decent people here who are selling genuine articles that won’t see you ripped off, and you’ll get a decent watch to boot.
Or follow the Omegas on eBay thread. @dsio coughs up good buys every day it seems

How bad did I do? Won at auction but have not paid for it yet. Any piece of advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
There is something that does not appear correct with that back!
How are you going to get it to close without snapin the stem.
There is no notch in that back & the stem is right there.
Careful & check that, don't forse it.
? 29% Buyers Premium ? Too high, don't deal with them again.
I don't know where this watch was auuctioned at & I don't want to know.
Ciao! Mike

Oh boy hammer price near $3600 after premium. 🤔

Plus shipping 🤔

Edit: sorry brother, I hope you can reverse this. If not, then life will go on. These errors are called noob tax around here, or tuition to vintage university. It happens to most of us at some point

Who was the other bidder?

Don't pay. Say, it is a fake. And you go to report the seller and the platform to the Police. That will do it. Good luck !