New Rules Omega service 1st of May

Hi Forum

Looks like Omega is coping Rolex, at the 1st of May no more parts back after the service, anyone sending a « Not for Sale » or « Prototype » to them ( normally not a lot :-))) ) will be pounded by Omega as they own property.

Also a lot of watches where the have spare parts but did not want to service ( specially quartz) are refused not even a partial service ( polishing) is refused.

Also dont expect miracles anymore at OB for parts or small services.

Things are going to be hard now.

Like 4
Actually simplifies things - don’t send them your vintage watches for servicing.

Like 16
Seriously, what does anyone do with a bag of replaced parts, it really only confirms that the parts were replaced during the service. I'm not surprised Omega changed their policy in this regard. And perhaps Omega found some of these parts were finding their way back into some watches.

Like 1
No to be all Chicken Little, but where did you (OP) get your information?

Like 3
No to be all Chicken Little, but where did you (OP) get your information?

Yes, I would be interested in that as well. I’ve seen nothing of this published by Omega on the Extranet...

Like 2
I hope this isn’t true, but if it is Omega, this could be the future you:
IMG_6934.jpeg IMG_6933.jpeg
upload_2024-4-27_22-15-15.jpeg
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Like 5
I hope this isn’t true, but if it is Omega, this could be the future you:
IMG_6933.jpeg
Hmph. And here I thought we were fronds.

Like 5
Seriously, what does anyone do with a bag of replaced parts, it really only confirms that the parts were replaced during the service. I'm not surprised Omega changed their policy in this regard. And perhaps Omega found some of these parts were finding their way back into some watches.

Many customers of mine want them back and keep them to show the history of the watch. Whether or not this makes any sense to you or not is irrelevant - to others this is important.

If this is true (which I doubt) then to me it's very disappointing that Omega would make this move. People always make the rather ridiculous argument that these parts can be used over again - they are being replaced for a reason, and most of the time it's because they are worn out.

Like 10
True about the parts back it is a shame, will give you an example, in 2001 i made a Flightmaster service mine originally ( tritium hands , single color pusher and the rotating.bezel more grey than the black replacement) i was happy 20 years after to get my bag and get all the parts back in , of course done by a watchmaker that put them to 1969 version, yes could be useful.

No doubt Archer in 1 week rules will be apply

Unless you tell us where you are getting this from, I will remain skeptical...

Like 6
Omega parts packs were my favorite source of parts :(

I was under the impression they just replaced from 3rd wheel to the pallet fork on Omega 550 series no matter what, just wish they included some screws too

Like 2
I am also skeptical of this change.

If true, why would they stop returning parts? They think it costs them money or prestige?

If money, it's costly in time or material. How much time does it take to track and ship a bag of parts? How much are those parts worth? Is Omega really concerned that a few people might put old pushers back in their watch and sell the new replaced pushers to someone, depriving Omega of the price of a couple pushers? Does Omega really think someone is going to swap back an old main spring and reuse it?

Is Omega worried about people buying parts from serviced watches that are old but claimed to be new? People can be cheats in all kinds of ways so I could believe someone would sell a gear as a good reusable part. But come on, how big a market is that and isn't that a problem for the buyer?

I will be more annoyed if I sent them my Speedmaster with a swapped dial and they didn't return my watch. I think they already do this so I would not send them my watch currently anyway.

If this is true, it is strange to consider these discussions and concerns taking place at the company. Seems like they'd have bigger issues.

I think it's the other way around, a pack costs $50 and full of parts to give new life

I think if this is true, it's to starve and deprive the vintage market further, in an attempt to drive up sales

I'd believe it, even though it seems like a baseless claim, I'd believe it because it's aligned with their anti right to repair stance

Like 1
I was under the impression they just replaced from 3rd wheel to the pallet fork on Omega 550 series no matter what,

Parts are replaced because they are worn/rusted/damaged or need to be upgraded to a newer/better design.

How much time does it take to track and ship a bag of parts?

Nothing - they get shipped back with the watch. Again I doubt this is true, but if it is it's a pretty shitty thing for Omega to do. I'll be asking them about this tomorrow.

Like 5